Curved tool - what is this?

I recently bought a strange curved tool at an antique market.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I googled a few disciplines that I thought this might have been used in:

- medical
- textile
- leather
- jewellery

But I could not find any clue for what this is.

Can anyone tell me? The only writing is 13 m/m (see picture).

Best regards,
Ingenious

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Looks to me like an antique medical instrument - trocar.

ALEX PECK MEDICAL ANTIQUES ARCHIVE, P. 64
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks quite like it. I tried searching for the image on Google, but couldn't find anything relevant. The description of trocar says it's used for bladder puncture through rectum. But the device pictured above may not be capable of puncturing. Maybe it's a form of it but with some other purpose.
  • Ingenious
    Ingenious
    I don't think it is a trocar. The material is not strong enough, so you would not be able to push a lot. The other interesting thing is that the 13mm does not refer to the diameter of the front tip. The diameter of the tip is around 10mm. And one more question: the writing says 13 m/m. Does that refer to mm at all? The only measurement that is 13mm at this device is the second circle of the "handle", which does not make much sense.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Could be a dilator.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Ingenious
    I recently bought a strange curved tool at an antique market.
    {img}
    Can anyone tell me? The only writing is 13 m/m (see picture).

Best regards,
    Ingenious
    Looks to me like a drawer handle, with some locking mechanism at the other end 😨

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi CEans , I am here to throw a discussion on two wheeler side stand alerter.I had seen many of the people using side stand rather than main stand because...
Can any one explain me What is Genetic Algorithm and its Application ? ?
I want to align appindicators in the order as I like in Ubuntu. Anyone of you know it how ? Couldn't find way in gconf-editor. There must be someway. Anyone...
This is really an elementary problem in geometry and algebra. It is not puzzling nor are there any twists. The result is interesting. I came across this intriguing problem a...
UK's TWI has unveiled a 5 kW handheld laser gun that can cut through tough metal pipes like a hot knife cuts butter. All thanks to the fibre laser projector...