CTS or Infosys??

i noe this question is often repeated...but i want a fresh review on this...as i m placed in both..i am very much confused about which to join..its been said that infosys training is best..and cognizant work culture is awesome..so please help me out to determine which to join.. thank you..awaiting your replies...๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Roopam: Welcome to CE, we are happy to have you with us. Why not post an introduction in our Introductions section so that we know more about you?

Back to your question - the work culture and training is almost every big IT company in India is more or less, the same. I'm assuming you're a fresh engineering graduate. I don't think fresh graduates need to worry about training or work culture. Choosing between the two; I'd give more priority to the location and cost of living in the city where the company's sending me. In IT, no one really stays in one company forever. You can always make a switch after 2-3 years.

Both companies are great to work for and starting your career with any of them would get equal credit in your longer career. So find out where your friends are joining, location and go with it. ๐Ÿ‘
  • roopam_ag
    roopam_ag
    hey The_Big_K ..i have posted my introduction in the section..thanks for the suggestions..i noe both are great companies to work for..but still if i wana go for MBA in a year or two..which is better to join..??and what are the growth prospects in both of them??and ya if i wana noe about what the members do how should i go for it on CE??thanks..
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    As Biggie said, both places, the work is same. Only thing is, in Infy, the work pressure is very high compared to CTS. This info I got from my friends, who are in both the companies. If you take up Infy, you would be having 6 months hostel training at Mysore Campus. In case of CTS, it will be at the place of preference by you. After the training, you would be posted in the place of preference by you. In case of CTS it is 3 and a half months. CTS is a Fortune 500 Company.
  • aashima
    aashima
    Priorities matter. But as said above, location and friends play a major role. Both the companies are good enough. CTS has a good work culture, while Infosys has a valuable training. As far as work is concerned, it largely depends on your team, your project and your technology. You'll find all kinds of people i.e. with less work as well as people highly stressed out in both the companies.
    Crux is as far as IT companies are concerned, there isn't much difference to start off as a fresher.
    Another thing to be considered is the job profile. How the work culture is important and how much you can gain experience from it from the day you are on the job. In that way, I guess Infy does a good job. What say?
  • roopam_ag
    roopam_ag
    thanks a lot....ya infosys does a really good job..besides that the training provided is just awesome..so i am thinking to join infosys..btw do u hv any idea whether campus connect by infosys is compulsory or not..
    Campus Connect if you had already been in it, it would be helpful... Its for getting placed in Infy... As you already got placed, there's nothing to worry... Lemme get back with more details if I can... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • pkantham
    pkantham
    Looks like you might have already made up your mind by now and already would have taken up one of the choices. If it's Infosys, then we can meet sometime after u complete the training at Mysore. I am at the Pune campus. As per me, Infosys surely is a good choice. As guru said, work will be a more hectic here, but u get to learn a lot. Wud like to share with u an interesting article about Infosys that made me feel good about working here. If u joined Infosys, u too will feel good.
  • aashima
    aashima
    Campus Connect helps you get into Infosys, but its definitely not a compulsion. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • varijanadh
    varijanadh
    Hiii.... am new to CE...
    First of all...abt myself...I am graduated in 2014 in electronics....
    Recently i was placed in Both cognizant and Infosys..both of them give Date of joining in same month...
    and i saw ur previous posts regarding comparsion b/w infy and cts....u said that working location also plays a major role...but now itself we dont know dat...after completion of training and basing on their requirements in particular domain...they will allocate us working location....
    So help me out to choose which one will be better for a fresher????
    Thanks in Advance.... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    varijanadh
    u said that working location also plays a major role...but now itself we dont know dat...after completion of training and basing on their requirements in particular domain...they will allocate us working location....
    It's difficult to tell. Infosys is changing under the new leadership of Mr. Sikka and Cognizant's been a good performer for a long time. Since both companies are likely to relocate you to new location - it simply does not matter which company you join. Just go with the company where your friends are going. You'll have a good time together.
  • varijanadh
    varijanadh
    Thanks for ur suggestions.....
    One more deciding factor is I m not that much strong in Coding part...
    So if i go for infy...i think i have to learn all domains including Coding related like Java and others..
    But In Cognizant..they will give training only in single domain...
    so could it b a deciding factor for me to choose in b/w them ???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    varijanadh
    One more deciding factor is I m not that much strong in Coding part...
    That's no excuse when you are choosing a career as a software engineer. Start learning today. You can't rely on your employer to provide you with training. You've to be ahead of them to make a successful career.
  • varijanadh
    varijanadh
    Ok...Thanx a lot!!!
  • Parijat Chakraborti
    Parijat Chakraborti
    i need advices on my prbs... how can i post my concern?? i have not found the optn to post myself... pls help
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Parijat Chakraborti
    i need advices on my prbs... how can i post my concern?? i have not found the optn to post myself... pls help
    Just write your concerns like you wrote above comment. That's how this website works.
  • jerin sunny
    jerin sunny
    i got placed in cts and infy.i am confused too much.which should i choose
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jerin sunny
    i got placed in cts and infy.i am confused too much.which should i choose
    What exactly is confusing? Adding details to your question would definitely help us offer better help to you.
  • Charanya clazzy
    Charanya clazzy
    Hai...I have just completed my on campus placements.Im placed in cts,wipro and infosys...Im in a dilemma between cts and infy.There are 500 students placed in cts and around 250 students in infy from my college.I feel like not to miss the rare oppurtunity I got infy.But I have heard that infy training and work will be crucial and lot of work pressure whereas in cts there will be only little pressure.Good training and knowledge in infy or good salary with moderate pressure? which one should I choose? please help me out...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Charanya clazzy
    Hai...I have just completed my on campus placements.Im placed in cts,wipro and infosys...Im in a dilemma between cts and infy.There are 500 students placed in cts and around 250 students in infy from my college.I feel like not to miss the rare oppurtunity I got infy.But I have heard that infy training and work will be crucial and lot of work pressure whereas in cts there will be only little pressure.Good training and knowledge in infy or good salary with moderate pressure? which one should I choose? please help me out...
    I'm really surprised to see the latest trend among fresh engineering graduates - worry about 'work pressure' and 'work-life' balance. You are just starting out. You don't know what job you will be doing, where exactly you will be placed and what kind of project you will be assigned. You simply can't base your decision on 'possibilities' of the future.

Your only focus should be to find out which company is known to have a better training program and how can you improve your knowledge. Also check out other factors that are currently under your control - is the location of the job and initial first year suitable to you? Is the salary difference offered by two companies big? If yes, which one is more attractive depending upon your existing financial situation.

All I'm saying is - stop worrying about work pressure. I've personally known people working in CTS and Infosys who've worked with 'equal' work pressure; if you can define anything like that.
  • apps09111994
    apps09111994
    I've got placed in both infy and CTS with Staring pkg 3.28 &3.35 respectively.Many Seniors of last batch have still not got their joining from CTS,So Im doubtful of which company to join...Please Help me
  • sowmya saggurthi
    sowmya saggurthi
    Hai i got placed in infosys and cognizant ... Infosys call letter to join on may 9th ... Cognizant it may take time ... I am in bit confuse what to do should i have to wait for cognizant or go for infosys.... Plz suggest me
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sowmya saggurthi
    Hai i got placed in infosys and cognizant ... Infosys call letter to join on may 9th ... Cognizant it may take time ... I am in bit confuse what to do should i have to wait for cognizant or go for infosys.... Plz suggest me
    Can you share what is the exact cause of confusion?
  • Aravind Raj
    Aravind Raj
    hello, I'm Aravind from bangalore. i got into cts in hyderabad. no accomodation provided by the company. i've also got into infy. training in mysore from nxt month. is there any guarantee that cts will transfer me back to blore? or shud i join infy?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

No, there is no guarantee that CTS will send you back to Bangalore. Candidates are allocated to projects depending upon project requirements and matching skills-sets. If staying in Bangalore is your top priority, then I'd recommend opting for the one that has better chances of putting you back in Bangalore.

In general, it does not matter whether you choose CTS or Infosys. What you should pay attention to is the training they provide. I've been hearing all good and positive reviews about Infosys training.ย 

Don't expect any radical change in your profile whether you join Cognizant or Infosys. Both are really good companies and all you should focus on is building your skills-set. Also make sure that you get on to a live project as oon as possible.

These are big companies that often tend to put fresh graduates "on bench". Which means you will be wasting months doing no real work. Of course, you will get paid; but there won't be extra new skill on your resume.

Instead, try to coordinate with the resource pool managers and anyone who you can connect with in the company and see if you can be absorbed in an existing project that has work on the technology that you wish to work on.

That's the only way to ensure a better future and job prospects with other companies.ย 

If you have any questions about joining any company, ask them below.ย 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

multicasting in java, which contains a single administrator and and a single leader for each sub group
Hi sir, i have passed my SSC examination this year and i want to do diploma in chemical engineering.So what can i do for it? and will you elaberate scope...
I'm a student at NMIMS University Mumbai, pursuing MBATECH(IT), in the Fourth Year Click Here I want to make a career as a business analyst in the tablet & smartphone...
hello every member , i am a newbie to CE just about to complete B.Tech. in EC from Nirma University ahmedabad..born and brought up in mathura..placed in infosys and cognizant..gotta...
Hello All, Here we are again with the latest issue of ClubHack Magazine. This time also the issue is dedicated to Browser security. ClubHack Magazine: Direct Download: Tech Gyan -...