Crystals Large and Small Will Absolutely Blow Your Mind

Quote:
This is the big year for crystals — but we're not talking about #-Link-Snipped-#or #-Link-Snipped-#. We're talking about the iycr2014 - home, and the scientific study of crystals ranging from giant pillars of gypsum to tiny swirls of silica.

It so happens that Spanish researcher Juan Manuel Garcia-Ruiz is familiar with both ends of the scale. During this week's #-Link-Snipped-# in Montreal, Garcia-Ruiz discussed the factors behind the formation of giant gypsum crystals in Mexico's Naica mine.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mexican scientists at the Centre for Research and Advanced Studies (CINVESTAV) are trying to build a prosthetic arm that can move when the human brain thinks about its motion. The...
i got the job as a software developer from company working at oracle fusion middleware and one of the golden partner of oracle and we will be working on bpel,bpm...
Sir i am pursuing my 3rd year B.E in Electronics and communication dept as i am intrested in auto-mobile engineering so i would like to know more info abt the...
ASUS India has come up with its 2014 version of the Asus Fonepad 7 tablet in India with a price tag of Rs. 8,990. The new Fonepad 7 goes with...
GATE 2015 dates and other information has been announced officially. This year IIT-Kanpur is all set to conduct the entrance exam in various cities across India. The online application processing...