Critical Pressure And Tempreature

Critical Temperature: It is temperature at (and above which) a gas/ vapor cannot be liquified no matter how much pressure is applied to it.

Critical Pressure: It is the pressure applied at critical temperature to liquify the vapor/ gas.

I think both definitions contradict each other. If we cannot liquify a gas at critical temperature, no matter how much pressure we apply, how can we say critical pressure exist? and vice versa.

Can any one elaborate please? #-Link-Snipped-# sir.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I had an opportunity to watch the 4K Ultra-HDTV at a Sony showroom and was fairly impressed by the quality of the display. Samsung recently announced 4K Monitors in the...
hi... i need some career advice. I have received offers for CTS infrastructure and IBM infra services.... Should i join this or wait for a testing or development job?? I...
Now i am working at good software company(mid-small sized), got placed through college campus interview,The company has 2 years bond period and , 1.2 years is now remaining,I got 2.1...
2kg of Water at 1 atm boils in 30 minutes. Find the rate of heat transfer to the water. The answer should be -(2kg)*334.5(KJ/Kg)/(30*60s)=0.3716KW Is the solution correct? The given...
NEST Learning Thermostat home automation system finds itself currently housed in 120 countries across the world, even though its availability was restricted to US and Canada thus far, with UK...