CrazyEngineers Is Hiring Full Time PHP (Zend Framework) Developers

We're looking to hire kickass (we mean it!) developers who eat, slip & poop PHP.
We want you to be exceptionally skilled in developing applications using Zend Framework. Since the job involves no hand-holding or training, we'll expect you to know your stuff.

If you're still reading this and are interested we have following information for you -

Job Description: You'll be coding some really cool stuff for CrazyEngineers. Enough said! Details, later.

Skill-set Requirement: PHP, MySQL, Zend, HTML5, CSS, JavaScript.
Exposure to XenForo framework would be a huge plus!

Past Work Experience: Minimum 3-4 years in coding PHP-based applications.

Job Type: Full-Time (at Google Maps HeadQuarters)

Remuneration / Salary: Industry standard salary + benefits you'd want to die for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Recruitment Procedure:

1. Send your resume & links/references to your previous work to <#-Link-Snipped-#>
It will just tell us who you are. Your academics won't be an elimination criteria. We don't care if you failed in Engineering exams thrice. Describe the best of your work in the cover letter.

2. Generic Telephonic Interview
If we love your resume, we would like to know you better.

3. Technical Interview
If things are going great so far, we will be asking you questions that help us know how well you know your stuff.

4. Live Assignment
We'll give you a small project to work on & set a deadline. We'll judge your performance and ability to self-learn & deliver.

That's about it. Those who clear the 4 rounds mentioned above should land a full-time job with CrazyEngineers.

Last Date of Application: 15th October, 2014
If you have any questions, ask them below.
​

Replies

• avi2
    avi2
    Ankita Katdare
    Remuneration / Salary: Industry standard salary + benefits you'd want to die for.
    I never understand why people mention this in job postings, instead of actual figure
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    avi2
    I never understand why people mention this in job postings, instead of actual figure
    Thank you for your concern. The figures will only be discussed with the applicants. πŸ‘
  • avi2
    avi2
    actually I never had opportunity to ask any company, thats why I was trying my luck here πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avi2
    actually I never had opportunity to ask any company, thats why I was trying my luck here πŸ˜›
    One reason is we want to be as flexible as possible in hiring the best available talent. Money shouldn't be a restriction when it comes to hiring a good great candidate.
  • avi2
    avi2
    I wish you guys all the best!

(and show some love for Python guys also πŸ˜›)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avi2
    I wish you guys all the best!

(and show some love for Python guys also πŸ˜›)
    Real developers aren't restricted by language barriers πŸ˜€ . I know you hate PHP; but PHP rules.
  • avi2
    avi2
    ^No I don't... my daily job requires me to code in PHP also
  • avi2
    avi2
    and also what made you say like that, I kinda like Laravel
  • Ancy Tom
    Ancy Tom
    I am a beginner, but still i have the confidence that i can satisfy your needs, why aren't u ppl no hiring beginners, give opportunities to us also, "An expert in every thing was once a beginner"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ancy Tom
    I am a beginner, but still i have the confidence that i can satisfy your needs, why aren't u ppl no hiring beginners, give opportunities to us also, "An expert in every thing was once a beginner"
    Nothing should stop you from sending your application. We're waiting.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# If you feel you satisfy the requirements (Barring the work experience), do send the application. πŸ‘
  • Ancy Tom
    Ancy Tom
    (Y). Me to.... Waiting to join with the team Crazy Engineers
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    can i work?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aadit Kapoor
    can i work?
    Doubt = Can't.
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Doubt = Can't.
    Of course I can Work.
    What should I send in my resume?
    I am a School Student, and Can I work online?
  • Ajeet Singh
    Ajeet Singh
    @@Ancy Tom If you feel you satisfy the requirements (Barring the work experience), do send the application. πŸ‘

hi akita ,
    i am fresher i do have some knowledge of html css java script and php but not expert ... although i have sent you my resume at given mail id .
    plz do the needful ... let me know if i can be useful asset there.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've been receiving lot of applications from freshers. We're open to hiring freshers but you need to be really GREAT at PHP and self learning.

Here's what makes selection easier for us:-
    • Have you built scalable applications in the past?
    • Have you contributed to open source projects?
    • Have you worked on a project that you are proud of?
    • Can you learn things on your own? If yes - show us!
    If you are graduating in 2015 - there's no point in sending the application. We're looking to hire someone who can work full time.

Lot of applicants are writing mails to know 'how to get selected'. It's simple -> Just be amazing in PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JS - and we guarantee that money won't be a problem.
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've been receiving lot of applications from freshers. We're open to hiring freshers but you need to be really GREAT at PHP and self learning.

Here's what makes selection easier for us:-
    • Have you built scalable applications in the past?
    • Have you contributed to open source projects?
    • Have you worked on a project that you are proud of?
    • Can you learn things on your own? If yes - show us!
    If you are graduating in 2015 - there's no point in sending the application. We're looking to hire someone who can work full time.

Lot of applicants are writing mails to know 'how to get selected'. It's simple -> Just be amazing in PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JS - and we guarantee that money won't be a problem.
    I want to work! How to work?
  • Ancy Tom
    Ancy Tom
    hi katdare, how can we track our application status??/
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ancy Tom
    hi katdare, how can we track our application status??/
    We're manually inspecting all the applications and will inform you about the status before 25th September.

Aadit Kapoor
    I want to work! How to work?
    Follow up your mail with a list of projects you've worked on.
  • Ancy Tom
    Ancy Tom
    I haven't mentioned my recent projects in my application, what should i do now???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ancy Tom
    I haven't mentioned my recent projects in my application, what should i do now???
    Send a follow up mail with links to the projects you've worked on. We need to see something in action.
  • Ancy Tom
    Ancy Tom
    πŸ‘
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Can freelancers apply?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Manish Goyal
    Can freelancers apply?
    We are specifically looking for developers who can work from our office in Nagpur full-time. πŸ‘
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is a great step team hiring full time people! I just loved this post!

I know I am spamming but seeing CE grow from 2009 , I am just so happy to see this is happening!

And now - I think we will soon need qa persons as well 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is a great step team hiring full time people! I just loved this post!

I know I am spamming but seeing CE grow from 2009 , I am just so happy to see this is happening!

And now - I think we will soon need qa persons as well 😁
    Well, we're already a team of 3 full time guys, who manage almost everything. We've been looking to hire since last ~2 years; but haven't been successful at it.
  • avi2
    avi2
    Kaustubh Katdare
    but haven't been successful at it.
    why would that be?

you should post a thread about people & work culture at CE πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avi2
    why would that be?
    you should post a thread about people & work culture at CE πŸ˜€
    Nothing to do with work culture. Our benchmarks are pretty high πŸ˜€.
  • avi2
    avi2
    no no, you are mixing up two things. those were two non-related questions
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    There is nothing called work culture anywhere, if you start thinking about it , then its useless.
  • avi2
    avi2
    why would you say that
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, we try to be as liberal as possible. We don't chase numbers - because they put limits. The primary goal is to have fun while doing interesting stuff. But being a small company - we want people to be in the driving seat for their own domain. Basically - we want people who can work towards a common goal without micromanagement and are capable of overcoming challenges on their own.

For the developer job, the person will be building stuff for CrazyEngineers to realise the exciting future we've imagined. Building scalable applications, while keeping security as the highest priority is going to be the sole aim.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Good luck in hiring.
  • Ancy Tom
    Ancy Tom
    when will the selection results will be published??
  • Mini Engineer22
    Mini Engineer22
    please guys i really need help to choose topic for final year project .. i am new in this page hope i am not in wrong pages..
    thanks
  • avii
    avii
    avi2
    Capitalism my friend, it helps in bargain

Joke. There are many reasons. My reply will divert this thread

#-Link-Snipped-# try hasjobs.co, you will find some good devs. It worked for us and listing is free anyways.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - The only reason for not mentioning a salary is because it's open ended and depends on several factors. I think #-Link-Snipped-# has made a posting on HasJobs.co and we've received applications from there. We're in touch with the applicants already.
  • avii
    avii
    Err.. I know.

and I wish you guys all the best for recruitment.
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    These people just can't give me chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They rejected me, just because I am a kid.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aadit Kapoor
    These people just can't give me chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you willing to work full time? Ready to drop out?
  • avii
    avii
    Aadit Kapoor
    I don't think that would be a reason.

However take this with a pinch of salt (and not a personal attack), if this is your website: #-Link-Snipped-# and you are using it to showcase for potential employers, then I would NOT hire you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We never asked for any educational qualification or certain age threshold. The job requires the developer to dedicate ~7-8 hours daily to the task and needs to have experience in building scalable systems. So far we haven't seen anyone come closer to what we are looking for. We'd ideally prefer someone who is absolutely in love with PHP and has actually built something noteworthy (may not be popular, but it should be something that you take immense pride in).

Most of the fresher resumes we have received mentioned their academic qualifications and few of the academic projects they worked on.

If you (generic address to everyone) want to work for CrazyEngineers, then show us that you really mean it. Impress us. Grab our attention and make us believe that if we don't hire you - it'd be the greatest mistake we'd regret forever. Then you'll be hired - and we're very much willing to pay enough to keep you happy.
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    avii

However take this with a pinch of salt (and not a personal attack), if this is your website: #-Link-Snipped-# and you are using it to showcase for potential employers, then I would NOT hire you.
    Ok!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Aadit Kapoor
    These people just can't give me chance!
    The reason is so not true. We have worked with 16 and 17 year olds in the past. They were better programmers than many of my friends at TechMahindra and Wipro. 😁
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    avii

Do you have a website? Show me!
    I created this website for my php practice.
    Have you even read the code of the website!!!!

Here have a look-:

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In order to make any electronic device smarter we need internet. This idea gave way to the concept of β€œInternet of Things” which can be defined as interconnection of uniquely...
So I built a proof of concept app: https://rti.iavin.com Basically, it lets people anonymously submit RTI requests and anonymously fund it. What do you think of this idea? Its functional,...
European Space Agency (ESA) had deployed an unmanned space observatory, Gaia, in July for constructing a precise three-dimensional space catalog of about 1 billion astronomical objects, predominantly stars. For this...
If you do not find this topic suitable under Debate mastermind than you are not Crazyengineer.
As a fresher may apply to system enginner job?????????????