CrazyEngineers Is Hiring Bloggers For VoiCE [2014] - Apply Now!

CEans,

This is your chance to become a part of the popular VoiCE Team. We have opened applications for the position of VoiCE Contributor.

We expect you to possess exceptional (funny, witty, to-the-point) writing skills along with above average grammar & sentence construction skills.

Familiarity with CrazyEngineers Forum system is desirable, but we're ready to do some hand-holding for the first few days.

We don't look for educational qualifications, number of degrees & certificates you posses. We however expect you to be 100% ethical, honest & sincere in your job.

Job Summary:

Role: Contributor ( -> Author -> Editor )

Description: Composing & publishing tech / engineering news articles obtained from our secret sources (we'll tell you our secrets once you join, promise!)

Type: Part time. Frankly speaking, the news updates pop-up round the clock. So you choose your own timings.

Remuneration: Yes. Ha ๐Ÿ‘! It's performance based. The more you work, the more you earn.

Benefits: Your name pops up in front of audience from over 180 countries. Not many jobs promise instant international fame, right?

How to Apply?
Like always, we will KISS (keep it simple, stupid!).

1. Pick up any recent technology/research/engineering news item from any source of your choice and write it as if you're the editor of the blog. Write a GREAT title and compose your article in 250-300 words.
  2. Answer a simple question - "Why do you want to work for CrazyEngineers?"
  3. Mail both the above things along with your resume to - #-Link-Snipped-#
Deadline: [Extended to] 31st May, 2014.

We look forward to having you on board.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    yeh hoooooo
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Yeah! I was waiting for this.. coming through PM first, need to clear out some points.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think public questions will help clearing doubts for everyone. PMs are welcome too.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The question asked by one of the CEans is -

I need to know if you have a minimum threshold of posts you need per week or per month, is there any such criteria?
    Here's my reply -

Well, we expect a lot of regularity and sincerity from our VoiCE team. Since we are located in different geographical locations, there's little control that we can exercise on the team, and hence want the future team mates to be super enthusiastic and dedicated towards their work.

If the team is self-motivated, only then can we expect to grow.

Now coming to the question. We expect you to write a minimum of 30 posts per month. 5 posts per week being mandatory. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • kirankumar.x
    kirankumar.x
    Great Opportunity ! thanks...
  • avii
    avii
    Interesting! Whats the compensation/pay range? The 'benefits' or 'remuneration' does not say much
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The payments are made on per-post basis, but there is a minimum threshold for the number of posts that the contributor should publish every month. This is discussed with the contributor after we have reviewed the application and approved it.

#-Link-Snipped-# The lowest we expect you to make, working part time as a 'contributor' from the comfort of your college canteen or free office hours or bedroom is Rs. 3k-4k per month.

By "performance based", we mean that you're the one who'll decide how much to earn.
  • avii
    avii
    Minimum of 4K/months sounds good. When I had first started blogging, I was making less than that for 25 posts per month.

However I see an advantage here. For beginners and noobs, CE can guide and mentor them. That's the one thing you are not gonna get anywhere.

Overall this sounds reasonable and lucrative. I wish you guys all the best!

PS: I may drop an application ;-)
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    Are there positions open for Web development?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    CE superb going nah growing !๐Ÿ‘
    All the best to those who apply ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, don't just send in the resumes. We need all the 3 things mentioned in the first post to consider your application.

Here's a revision -

1. An article on latest tech news.
    2. Why do you want to work for CrazyEngineers?
    3. Your recent Resume.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    So when will the results be announced ?
    zaveri
    So when will the results be announced ?
    May 15
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    May 15
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Is It correct ?
  • Rajkiran Sangoju
    Rajkiran Sangoju
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, don't just send in the resumes. We need all the 3 things mentioned in the first post to consider your application.

Here's a revision -

3. Your recent Resume.
    Well it was initially said that any news can be sent but again a sudden change that only tech news should be edited and sent. Is it mandatory that one should send a paragraph on latest tech news
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#
    Since it is a tech blog - VoiCE, we thought it was obvious that applicants would pick up a tech news item.

I believe this is the expectation -
    1. Pick up any recent news item from any source of your choice and write it as if you're the editor of the blog. Write a GREAT title and compose your article in 250-300 words.
    There's a difference between a paragraph and 250-300 words 'article'.
  • avii
    avii
    Ankita Katdare

Here's a revision -

3. Your recent Resume.
    Reject such people outright. No excuses. People who don't have enough patience and cannot put effort to read full description don't deserved to be hired IMO.

The company where I work, we put some random line inside the job description and we would ask candidates to mention that line in email. And I have rejected so many good good candidates who didn't do this. We are a small start up, so we don't get thousands of resumes everyday. So we would check all the resumes/profiles, however we have not hired a single guy who didn't mention the special line.

PS: If I am preparing job description, then numerous times I have put references of House MD and South Park ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I couldn't agree more with you.
  • Rajkiran Sangoju
    Rajkiran Sangoju
    Since it is a tech blog - VoiCE, we thought it was obvious that applicants would pick up a tech news item.

I believe this is the expectation -

There's a difference between a paragraph and 250-300 words 'article'.[/QUOTE]

Ya,sorry, paragraph is different from article and i think i was unable to understand so din't get a clarity of topic to be choosen
    #-Link-Snipped-# ,
    When will the selected list be posted? or It would be sent to mail id?
    When will the results be posted?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Those who get selected shall receive any email confirming so.
    Do post the selected list so that we can know the authors and congratulate them.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Any update on this ?
    Have you selected the members?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Deadline Extended to 31st May, 2014.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Any update on this?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Any update on this?
    #-Link-Snipped-# The ones who were shortlisted were conveyed via email about the further process. ๐Ÿ˜€ Right now there are only a couple of open positions. Let's see.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Folks!

Four new writers are joining VoiCE Authors team from today.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

We are still looking for more people and are in talks with some more people.

If you want to apply, now is the right time. ๐Ÿ‘
    Congrats to winners

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

AHIMBISIBWE DEUS submitted a new project: Magnetic Impulse Device Project - a circuit that disconnects other devices with circuit embended systems. this project its all about military advantages . here...
am in dilema wiz crazyengineers. any engineer yo help me to start off. thx
Hi everyone.... My name is Kartik Iyer... I am good old fren of the CEO (Kau) as we used to call him.... I have seen my friend grow from a...
AHIMBISIBWE DEUS submitted a new project: project on video recording "glasses" spects. - it must have a switch. en no light from it to detected. here the idea i have...
MOST is the accronym for Maynards Operation Sequence technique. It is a system of Pre determined motion time standard. Developed in 1967by Kjell Zandin and HB Maynard, it has been...