CPU usage 100% default.

Hi all,
Yesterday while watching movie on my desktop I observed that performance of my PC is very low.
So to just find it out, I checked in task manager. Surprisingly I observed that, CPU usage of my PC is 100% by default. 😔
I closed many applications which were open, but still no change. Watching only a movie of .avi file type, is making CPU usage of 100%.
I asked my friend regarding this, he said it could be a kind of virus.
Anybody knows about this?
Any way to remove it out? 😕

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Which process is utilizing the most CPU usage? Also, can please you list out a detailed specification for your computer? 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah,

Right click on taskbar -> Task Manager -> Processes tab. Then look at the process which is eating most of the resources.

...then fire it 😁
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    I tried ending some network processes, dur to which usage was high, but after that also, no change. Usage sticks to 100%.

Ash, its a 4-5 years onlder PC. PC config is Intel 845G-Celron-512MB RAM-80 GB HD.
    Any other ways?
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Try to repair your Windows.
    May solve your problem.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    It could probably be a virus like your friend said, some system files controlling Windows processes have become corrupted, or there are still a lot of hidden processes that are running. Also, if you have not done frequent file defragmenting, it would add some overhead to CPU.

Have you done a Virus and Spyware scan? The free AntiVir and MalwareBytes come in highly recommended. Others here have recommended Avast.

Also, use a program like CCleaner to delete all temporary files that may have accumulated over 5 years. When thats done, do a file defragmentation process using the default Windows Defragmenter or the powerful JKDefrag program.

If things still do not fare well, reformat the computer. Though, this would be a desperate case only.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Via: EETimes.com - HP to slash 24,600 jobs in wake of EDS acquisition SAN FRANCISO— Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) will eliminate 24,600 jobs, or about 7.5 percent of its workforce, as...
hi m doin final yr .temme some topic 4r project on electronics
Bear Sterns collapsed Lehman Brothers files for Bankruptcy Merrill Lynch sold Bank of China reduces interest rates Citi, HSBC, Barclays bank all posting losses in billions World's largest insurance company...
Can anyone please tell me the difference between the "Digital zoom" and "Optical zoom"...?? Have heard alot about these terms...but dont know what they really mean...???
hello...friends..here..is an/..full. infmn..about..NRAM..............FRNDZ...