Courses for career in software testing

I am Mechanical Engineer with very less knowledge of IT and "C" programming. I want to make my career in Software Testing. But I am confused about with which course or software should I start, because there are many software and courses are available in institutes and I have absolutely zero idea about them. Please help me.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    RaZe
    I am Mechanical Engineer with very less knowledge of IT and "C" programming. I want to make my career in Software Testing. But I am confused about with which course or software should I start, because there are many software and courses are available in institutes and I have absolutely zero idea about them. Please help me.
    If you wish make a career in software testing, you should start by taking a course in software testing. You may start with a course in manual testing so that you get a hold of what it offers.

I'd recommend that you should look for the tools and technologies the companies you wish to apply to are looking for and then select the course accordingly. QTP and Selenium are popular tools that help with automation and learning them would definitely provide you with an edge.
  • Manasee Mahajan
    Manasee Mahajan
    Since you do not have a software background, I suggest you undergo a professional course in software testing. Since you do not have a programming background, learning at least one programming language (C++, Java) will be hugely beneficial. My suggestion is that you start with a course in Manual Testing, which will clarify basic concepts of quality assurance. You should also try to get certified as a foundation level tester(ISTQB-FL), so that your profile becomes more "QA friendly". Once you have mastered the concepts of Manual Software Testing, it is advisable to learn test automation using Selenium or a tool like QTP.

Good luck!

Manasee

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A team of engineers at the MIT Media Lab has devised a new technique that lets them quickly model (bypassing a major design step) and 3D print hair-like structures with...
which software is better for conducting hydraulic calculation of complex piping networks. like Pipenet or WaterGems or etc
Taiwan smartphone manufacturer hasn’t made waves in the crowded Indian market and nor is it going to thanks to the new smartphone in the country that retails for Rs. 14,990...
Am I the only one here who isn't getting proper response ? Posted 2 discussion about my project idea on Augmented Reality, in one I was told the project was...
Oppo has announced yet another feature-packed entry-level smartphone - Oppo A37. The Chinese company has priced the phone at CNY 1,299 (that's roughly Rs 13,000). The astonishing fact about the...