Couldn't Install OpenSUSE 12.3 : Failed To Find MBR Identifier Error Pops : Need Fix ASAP, Help ?

I downloaded OpenSUSE 12.3 & then made the bootable pen-drive. When I inserted the pen-drive & rebooted the computer, the screen with options Live mode, Media test,etc, etc, appears. When I clicked on Live Mode (or any other), after few seconds of loading this message appears on screen : "Failed to find MBR identifier!"

2013-07-21 07.17.49
I have checked the md5sums of the download, it's all okay. I think the USB boot of OpenSUSE is bugged.
Can anyone solve this problem ?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What did you use to make it bootable, UNetbootin?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ash
    What did you use to make it bootable, UNetbootin?
    Yes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have seen in past, the feud between two cultures in India, about which monument will be build at a place, Temple or Mosque. Not only that, the separation of...
India saw the launch of Sony Xperia Z tablet in May this year. Famous for its shockproof, dust resistant and waterproof nature, Sony's flagship devices are sure garnering some solid...
With all governments digitally spying on each other and on its own citizens, it looks as though the best place to store sensitive info is one's own head. What happens...
An amazing array of tools (metric and imperial) go into a toolkit for maintenance in space. A look at one currently up there: https://gizmodo.com/inside-astronauts-enormous-space-toolbox-848945648
I'm just curious to know why a program supported in xp environment doesn't work in 7 ? please pour your comments.