Could smart software kill the designer? Beware the ides of March are coming!

Quote:
...this report - which was published by Deloitte and Oxford University - suggested that those carrying out low paid repetitive jobs were at greatest risk of being usurped by robots. And despite the inevitable and irresistible slew of headlines warning of our imminent subjugation, the general conclusion was that those in highly skilled professions – and in particular engineers – had nothing to fear.
But following a conversation with a senior executive at a large engineering software firm this week I’m not so sure.
The world of engineering design – according to our source - stands on the brink of unprecedented technological change that could take a host of pretty fundamental design decisions away from the engineer and put them in the hands of a new generation of smart software tools.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Power management at the higher power levels is receiving a lot of attention. Batteries for EVs and other applications, LED lighting and others are nearer the commercial market than thought...
A bunch of US and European agencies in association various security software firms have managed to put an end to an elusive botnet called Beebone that had infected thousands of...
After the success of Lenovo A700 with all its stunning reviews from its customers, the Chinese tech-giant doesn't seem to be taking rest. It has brought a new low budget...
hi friends, am planning to take cloud certification, can anyone suggest me the good institute to join. (Location: chennai, TamilNadu) or else is there a free online class for cloud...
I have small query please give me solution for this. my query is i want to delete a column from a table .