Correspondence M.S For 3.5 Years Experienced ?

Could you guide me which institute should i opt for correspondence M.S in India and what is the scope of it? Presently working as a software engineer in a MNC for about 3.5 years. Also is it possible to go for correspondence courses from Canada while working in India?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The first thing you should be absolutely clear about is the outcome you are expecting after completing the course. I'm yet to find anyone who's really benefitted in their careers through a correspondence course. If you are doing it just for the sake of knowledge, you will have to decide on the course first so that it's easier to recommend Universities / colleges or institutions.
  • Abhishek2507
    Abhishek2507
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The first thing you should be absolutely clear about is the outcome you are expecting after completing the course. I'm yet to find anyone who's really benefitted in their careers through a correspondence course. If you are doing it just for the sake of knowledge, you will have to decide on the course first so that it's easier to recommend Universities / colleges or institutions.
    I am planning for M.S in Computers.
    Please guide some good universities.Also if it will be a benifit to switch ?
    Are there any universities in Canada through which i can pursue correspondence M.S ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I did MS from #-Link-Snipped-#, It's kind of involved course, not just easy to go for exams in every 6 month. There are 2 assignment and one mid-sem. End-sem is open book with 4 subject a semester.
    If you talk about benefit you will get to learn a lot while while working. I guess it adds quite a weight to your profile if your graduate college is not very known.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Did you get any benefits at work because of the course? I'm curious to know because lot of people are interested in opting for correspondence course.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes.. It totally does help help in my career and knowledge.
    There are few concepts I was really scared but while study I picked it up.
    Anyway, It was fun, kind of being in college again and It's my highest degree now 😀
  • Abhishek2507
    Abhishek2507
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# ,
    Can you please elaborate a bit what kind of help it gave you in carrer ?
    As in did you start getting more calls from companies? Is it that employers value M.S through correspondencee??
    Also, i have heard that M.s from BITS is not recognized from UGC or AICTE and that is the reason they are now offering M.Tech instead of M.S. Is it true ? because i could not find M.S courses on their site.

I know i am bombarding you with questions but i think you can guide me well.... thanks in advance 😀 !!
    Please guide me !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you want to keep track of your heart rate but don’t want to use those wearable gadgets, then SMS’s Bio-sport earbuds are just the right thing for you. SMS...
After the recent rumours about launching WhatsApp for desktop this month, the company is now in the news for its VoIP feature. The company had announced in February, 2014 that...
Quote: The iGrow Hair Growth System from Apira Science (Boca Raton, FL) received the FDA green light for over-the-counter sale for women with Fitzpatrick skin phototypes I to IV and...
DoSelect, a comprehensive recruitment tool, enables companies to assess and discover the best talent. DoSelect allows evaluation on a wide range of technologies, and allows teams to perform multi-stage, collaborative...
A team of researchers at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is working on a Gecko-inspired technology that could be used to build tools that could tightly grip or hold-on to...