Controlling Doorlock over long distance

greetings Mr. #-Link-Snipped-# i'm just new here and already had some conversation with sir. Ramani... he suggested you to me for my question... because im having problem for my thesis... which i needed to have a new concept within for days by now... eventually i already had a concept it is a electronic doorlock controlled via sms for long range and via bluetooth for short range but encounter some trouble that it is already existing good for me is that both bluetooth and sms are not together,,... it was conceptualized separately but having hesitation here to continue this since it will just sum as only the combination of the two... can you please help some other idea for this innovation... or any suggestion for new topic? subjectively focus in security system... or any electronically device with not that complicated programming? thanks in advance for noticing my message to you... i will highly appreciate it much... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-#,
    Good to see you here on CE.
    Regarding your questions. You are looking forward to control doorlock over long range. So here we have limitation is our mobile is not equipped with interface which can transmit your signal over the long range(I am talking about other than GSM functionality). You can achieve long range using some SubGhz RF modules but that will be difficult to send command from mobile and then to that module.

Best solution that I can think of for now for you is you can use device like IoT to your doorlock which have active internet connection of your home. Now when you want to use short range you can still use your bluetooth and when you want to use/control it over long range you can go with internet. You press some buttons on your mobile which is also having internet connection so you can still access that doorlock via internet.

I hope this will give you some more idea about your thesis.
  • Maiko
    Maiko
    Thank you so much for that advise sir #-Link-Snipped-#... But what about focusing on bluetooth devise can you please help me figure out what more bluetooth device can do? I mean what do you think if i will use bluetooth as a concept can you help me have an idea on how uniquely i can use this in some other areas? I really do appreciate your help.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Maiko
    Thank you so much for that advise sir #-Link-Snipped-#... But what about focusing on bluetooth devise can you please help me figure out what more bluetooth device can do? I mean what do you think if i will use bluetooth as a concept can you help me have an idea on how uniquely i can use this in some other areas? I really do appreciate your help.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Did you mean you want to go with short range first via Bluetooth?
  • Maiko
    Maiko
    Harshad Italiya
    Did you mean you want to go with short range first via Bluetooth?
    Ahm... Not that exactly sir...im asking for more other ideas using bluetooth device... Ahm... I mean what if we used bluetooth to some cases not only for cellphone and security device... Ah... Im sorry if i cant explain it clearly sir...
  • Maiko
    Maiko
    Maiko
    Ahm... Not that exactly sir...im asking for more other ideas using bluetooth device... Ahm... I mean what if we used bluetooth to some cases not only for cellphone and security device... Ah... Im sorry if i cant explain it clearly sir...
    Sir #-Link-Snipped-# hmmmm.... just want to ask you a favor.. can you please provide me some links that would help me about programming... setting bluetooth... module.. GSM..etc... i would appreciate it... and thanks in advance... God bless you... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Maiko
    Sir #-Link-Snipped-# hmmmm.... just want to ask you a favor.. can you please provide me some links that would help me about programming... setting bluetooth... module.. GSM..etc... i would appreciate it... and thanks in advance... God bless you... ๐Ÿ˜€
    No need to mention 'Sir' !
    You can start with cheap and commonly available HC05 Bluetooth module and Arduino.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Maiko
    Maiko
    Harshad Italiya
    No need to mention 'Sir' !
    You can start with cheap and commonly available HC05 Bluetooth module and Arduino.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    im so sorry calling you sir is my simple gesture of respect... so bare with me for that sir... thanks for that link sir.. do you have any idea on how will this concept be possible... if i would proposed for this... ex. i have a door who is automatically controlled by my mobile phone and having this device i will connect it on my main switch breaker for my whole house control... so whenever i went out and forgot to turn off my things for example i left my air con and not sure if i already turned it off i will just send sms to my device to shut it off by the main switch... can this be possibly happen? can arduino help me get through this? sorry for too much questions and sentences... but i do really appreciate your kindness in helping me out... God bless... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes, #-Link-Snipped-# You can control your home appliances using bluetooth. For that what you have to do is you connect Bluetooth and Relayboard with Arduino.
    You can receive command via bluetooth to Arduino and according to that you can turn ON and OFF your AC or Lights or Fan.
    Here is example :- #-Link-Snipped-#

So now you have to combine both example that I share here. To start you can go with each one separately and then you can make a common firmware for both application.
  • Maiko
    Maiko
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes, #-Link-Snipped-# You can control your home appliances using bluetooth. For that what you have to do is you connect Bluetooth and Relayboard with Arduino.
    You can receive command via bluetooth to Arduino and according to that you can turn ON and OFF your AC or Lights or Fan.
    Here is example :- #-Link-Snipped-#

So now you have to combine both example that I share here. To start you can go with each one separately and then you can make a common firmware for both application.
    sir #-Link-Snipped-# thank you so much for this link and advise... now that it came from you... as an approval that it is possible to happen.. i will look froward for greater things in my project.... ahm... sir.. follow up question what are the possible problem i may encounter using this idea? can you help me figure it out? thank you so much.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Maiko
    sir #-Link-Snipped-# thank you so much for this link and advise... now that it came from you... as an approval that it is possible to happen.. i will look froward for greater things in my project.... ahm... sir.. follow up question what are the possible problem i may encounter using this idea? can you help me figure it out? thank you so much.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Sure you are most welcome you can also share you progress here.
    For example from where you purchase your Bluetooth module, Arduino board and Relay Board so this may also help other people from your country who are looking forward to purchase similar things.
  • Maiko
    Maiko
    Harshad Italiya
    Sure you are most welcome you can also share you progress here.
    For example from where you purchase your Bluetooth module, Arduino board and Relay Board so this may also help other people from your country who are looking forward to purchase similar things.
    Thanks so much for the help sir.. My group is still on the process of research for the supporting files to be presented to our proffessor... I hope... I can ask you often times if i needed to... God bless...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Maiko
    Thanks so much for the help sir.. My group is still on the process of research for the supporting files to be presented to our proffessor... I hope... I can ask you often times if i needed to... God bless...
    You are welcome.
  • Maiko
    Maiko
    Harshad Italiya
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-#,
    Good to see you here on CE.
    Regarding your questions. You are looking forward to control doorlock over long range. So here we have limitation is our mobile is not equipped with interface which can transmit your signal over the long range(I am talking about other than GSM functionality). You can achieve long range using some SubGhz RF modules but that will be difficult to send command from mobile and then to that module.

Best solution that I can think of for now for you is you can use device like IoT to your doorlock which have active internet connection of your home. Now when you want to use short range you can still use your bluetooth and when you want to use/control it over long range you can go with internet. You press some buttons on your mobile which is also having internet connection so you can still access that doorlock via internet.

I hope this will give you some more idea about your thesis.
    hello to you sir #-Link-Snipped-# i have this new idea of mine.... which is about NFC (near field communication) my professor disapproved my idea about the doorlock so now i think of an idea again using nfc... are you familiar with this? because i am a little confuse about it by now... is it possible for nfc to be attached on a hard drive so that instead of sharing files through physical connection we can just transfer it via nfc? please if you have knowledge about this help me.... thanks anyways... God bless
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# NFC is will not provide you that much speed and not sure how we can handle large amount of data to transfer.
    But if you want to go with NFC then I would say go with some other application based on NFC for example door lock unlock using NFC. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We all have had weekends jam-packed with a task list full of household repair work and more often than not finding the right handy man to do all these repairs...
Hello Crazyengineers, There are few questions which has always trailed experience person in the IT industry 1. In what way switch will affect my profile.. 2. If a person is...
I need to submit a project based on electronic and communication equipment hence I need help of u my friends. Please say me how do this projects and your ideas....
very good morning.!! I am Manisha Arora. I am pursuing B. Tech. now a days, I m studying and searching for any interesting minor and major projects for my 4th...
I have completed my b e in electronics and telecommunication