Control system with 4 poles

Can you help me compare these results? They're the simulations of a control system. When we change the poles, (in this case, there are 4 poles), the response system also changes. The 4 poles involves complex numbers, but I don't see the relationship between the poles and the response. I don't see an exact description. I mean, a description like:
if the real number is increased, then the response would be more oscillatory or if the imaginary part is smaller, then the faster the convergence to 0.
Help, please?

Here are the pictures of the 3 different results:

image1 image2 image3

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    First of all, this is not my area. However, even to check if I can be of help, the links provided do not seem to work. You can mail me at bioramani (at) g m a i l.(c o m)
  • Aruwin
    Aruwin
    A.V.Ramani
    Have you looked at this?
    Control Systems/Poles and Zeros - Wikibooks, open books for an open world
    Yes, I have looked at that thread, but I still can't compare the 3 simulations.
    I sent you an email, please look at it.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    An area which i like to learn a lot. Perhaps, it requires someone who is okay to have a chat with me in a private conversation.
  • pinank
    pinank
    Dude can you explain your system more elaborately? And the response changes as per the values of zeta and w..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was earlier today discussing with a friend about the general trend followed by students in engineering colleges in India when they are in final year or final semester. They...
POINTERS AND MEMORY.pdf A great guide to pointers and memory!
Samsung has today taken its new smartphone off the wraps with the launch of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, a successor to the company's flagship phone - Grand. Bigger in size...
Hi, I want to open 3-4 pdf document in linux. By default when I click on any pdf document it opens using Document Viewer. However for next document it opens...
Hey guys, There are openings for the following posts in Teradata. If you are interested, send me your resumes on Neeraj.Sharma@Teradata.com Cheers...