reputations

for every thread the person starts, the readers can rate it [ it is existing feature ]. How about ,increasing reputation near to avatar, if a other member rated for question or for his answer,. for example if a member KUMAR rated the answer given by Ram, then automatically reputation value should be increased. the reputation value should be below the avatar image. It shows the member's quality also avoids spam sometimes. there is rating , also if Kumar finds that Ram is wasting others time, Kumar can give negative rating. that decreases his reputation, given that KUMAR is a member having reputation above 1000. please post your comments ceans.

Replies

• csiscool
    csiscool
    not a good idea I think,
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    wt do u think guys
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I believe we had some previous discussions regarding a "thanks" feature, which are upcoming.

Though one caveat I've noticed in other forums regarding the repuation is that people can still abuse this system via mutual repping; i.e I give you reputation if you give me too. There I think a simple thanks system would work, where a post can be thanked (along with the list of people who thanked them) to show how useful the post was.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    ash
    I believe we had some previous discussions regarding a "thanks" feature, which are upcoming.

Though one caveat I've noticed in other forums regarding the repuation is that people can still abuse this system via mutual repping; i.e I give you reputation if you give me too. There I think a simple thanks system would work, where a post can be thanked (along with the list of people who thanked them) to show how useful the post was.
    this is nice idea.
    I dont know that it is upcoming.. nice 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The thanks feature is upcoming. CE Forum will undergo major changes in coming weeks [special announcements will be made]. The feature lets members thank the poster for useful post and that adds to his/her reputation.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    the problem that ash mentioned is a common one with most forums. but that doesnt mean that rep system is worthless. Frequent mutual repping can be found out by appropriate methods.

Though honestly people will vie for reps and not for the interest of helping others. I hav seen members becoming addicted to reps and going by cheap practices to get them.

one may call it a necessary evil 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Prysmian Telecoms Business Director Hakan Ozmen To Lead Presence At The FTTH Council Europe Conference In Portugal As Market Prepares For Major Investment Boost, With Alternative Operators Driving Growth Across...
Hi All CEans, Can we convert vibrational energy to electrical energy, that is when we talk in a closed atmosphere like closed room there are much of vibrational energy that...
Hi All A new research is on for broadband over power lines which can increase the current speed from 100 Mbps to 200 Mbps. Its pilot has been tested ok...
plzzzz... help me 2 find an mini project in C language.my teacher wants some innovative idea plzzz help me out!!!!!!!!!
CEans, I must admit that every single entry to our BlogStar contest is outstanding! I am really surprised to see the efforts all of you put in gathering information about...