Connecting DigiTech RP355 USB To Windows 7 & Vista. No Sound From Computer Speakers

I'm having hard time connecting my DigiTech RP355 to my computer through USB and route the sound through comptuer/laptop speakers. Here's my setup -

1. Guitar's Output goes into DigiTech RP355's Input.
2. DigiTech RP355 Output (USB) goes to my computer's regular USB port.
3. The Mono Output from DigiTech goes into Amplifier. This is optional as I'm not getting any sound from computer output even when I disconnect the amplifier.

Now, when I connect the devices as above, Windows 7 does recognize USB device and installs correct drivers and makes DigiTech appear in the I/O devices list. However, no matter how hard I try and tweak the settings, I'm unable to get sound through computer speaker's output.

I must also mention that I 'DID' get the sound through laptop speakers, but I can't reproduce it anymore. I'm also unable to record anything.

Is it mandatory to have an audio capture software like Cubase LE4 or Audacity running to have the output or can Windows manage it on its own by default?

Replies

• william04x
    william04x
    Re: Connecting DigiTech RP355 USB To Windows 7 & Vista. No Sound From Computer Speake

I'm having the same basic problem and haven't found a solution. Vista laptop for me.

I never had any sound from the RP335, but I did see the level meter on the PC bouncing with the drum machine in the recording section of the sound manager. One thing to check is the USB output level. With the Digi connected to your PC, hit the edit button on the RP until the "pickup" light at the top of the style list is lit. Mess around with knobs 3&4(IIRC) to change the output levels. Maybe it'll be that simple for you.

If you find a solution, please post it. I have a support request into Digitech. I'll let you know if they help.

William

Also, I'm not an engineer, I'm an electrician. I found this through a search. Please don't give me the boot. LOL :bighug:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: Connecting DigiTech RP355 USB To Windows 7 & Vista. No Sound From Computer Speake

Welcome to CE, William 😀 Thank you for the response!

I've tried setting all the volume levels to max and the knobs to fullest as well, but no help. I didn't try it on Vista. I've Dell Inspiron 15" laptop with Win7, but things didn't work well on it. I must mention that I did get the output through laptop speakers once but haven't been able to reproduce it since then 😛 .

Oh well, CE's for everyone interested in Technology. See what our about CE page says -

We believe that engineering is about attitude. It is not about degrees or certificates. We don’t care about your educational qualifications. You can be a student, professional, professor, scientist, housewife, doctor, painter, musician or even an alien [​IMG] . If you got that ‘make it better’ attitude, join us now!
  • TKL
    TKL
    Hello guys, have you eventualy found a way to solve this matter. I'm experimenting exactly the same (with Windows 8 in my case). I'd very much appreciate if you could share your solutions. Regards,

Thomas
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    TKL
    Hello guys, have you eventualy found a way to solve this matter. I'm experimenting exactly the same (with Windows 8 in my case). I'd very much appreciate if you could share your solutions. Regards,

Thomas
    Okay, this one is an old discussion and don't recall what exactly I did to get stuff working. Could you explain your setup, please?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dr. Naveen Garg, Department of Computer Science and Engineering ,IIT Delhi explained the Concept of Correctness of Dijkstras Algorithm in Data Structures and Algorithms. Feel free to ask your questions...
Dr. Naveen Garg, Department of Computer Science and Engineering ,IIT Delhi explained the Concept ofSingle Source Shortest Paths in Data Structures and Algorithms. Feel free to ask your questions and...
Olive Telecom India has recently launched the Olive Nexus Wireless Router V-R9 for a price of Rs. 3499 in India. The 'travel router' is ultra portable and you can carry...
Hi, This was one of the questions asked to me during an interview. If anyone knows the answer, please reply. Which of the following can behave as a universal gate:...
Haii. I want to go for MS after 5 years of B.Tech. Would it effect my admision chances? I don't have any work experience.