Confusion about MS vs Better Job

Hello Sir,
Please clear my confusion about MS or Better Job.
I am currently working in BOSCH company( from Jan 2014).
I am in confusion of going for MS or Better JOB (shifting company)
My current work is good but not up to my level i feel and the package also less i feel (3.6Lpa). I feel i can do better.
I had been brilliant student from my child hood ( always topper in the class). My 10th-95%,inter-97.5%,B.E-89%.
I have no proper idea about other companies in India(like work,pkg etc)
I want to go for MS because, with MS degree I will be in position with higher skills and excellence.
I could not prepare for MS because of my poor financial back ground. Now i thought that I can take loan and study.

Please suggest me sir, whether my idea of MS is good decision??

Thanks,
Kranthi

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    kranthikiran
    Hello Sir,
    Please clear my confusion about MS or Better Job.
    I am currently working in BOSCH company( from Jan 2014).
    I am in confusion of going for MS or Better JOB (shifting company)
    My current work is good but not up to my level i feel and the package also less i feel (3.6Lpa). I feel i can do better.
    I had been brilliant student from my child hood ( always topper in the class). My 10th-95%,inter-97.5%,B.E-89%.
    I have no proper idea about other companies in India(like work,pkg etc)
    I want to go for MS because, with MS degree I will be in position with higher skills and excellence.
    I could not prepare for MS because of my poor financial back ground. Now i thought that I can take loan and study.

Please suggest me sir, whether my idea of MS is good decision??

Thanks,
    Kranthi
    Hello? You've got a good score. You work in a good company. You definitely can study (judging from your marks). You think you can study with a loan. Now what's stopping you? Go for MS!!!

Make sure you understand that going abroad and getting a Permanent Residency is not easy. Know all the procedures before you jump. It's a risk which you should be willing to take. Look for employment opportunities in the field that you're opting for in the country of your choice. According to the current scenario, you'd need some luck to get a job abroad. And, by the way, try for a job while doing your MS. Check out options relating to that.

Which field are you opting for MS in? And to which location in particular?

P.S: I'm not saying you can't find a better job in India, but I'd say it'll take more time here to get there. MS does add qualifications and skills to your resume -AFTERthat it's all dependent on you to get into your preferred job.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kranthikiran
    I'd strongly recommend the reasons for MS and the final outcome you expect after getting an MS. Also evaluate the implications of investing two years of time and money into getting the degree and see if the final outcome is worth it; against finding a better job in another company.

MS is worth it only when you get into a good University. Are you prepared to take GRE? I think the best thing to do is to start preparing for GRE and get GRE+TOEFL score and then make your decision. If your score is good and you're confident of getting in to a good University - you may decide on opting that path. The whole process is likely to take anywhere between 6 months to about an year; so you have ample time to decide.
  • kranthikiran
    kranthikiran
    Thank you for your suggestions. I want to go for MS in fall 2016. Still one year is there for me. I just started my perpetration for GRE. Want to take my exam in Oct'15.
    But one more thing to add my doubt, is it possible to work in good company with good package in India after my MS. Because my final aim is to settle in India. I don't want to take permanent residency anywhere abroad.
    Will that be possible??
    Thanks in advance.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kranthikiran
    But one more thing to add my doubt, is it possible to work in good company with good package in India after my MS. Because my final aim is to settle in India.
    If that's what you are aiming for, I'd recommend saving money and time and look for a better job in India. You should be able to find a better job after one year [that is gaining about 2 years of experience] in your current job. I think that'd be a wiser decision.

Instead of preparing for GRE, invest your time in bettering your skills, acquiring new ones relevant to your job / career and then look for newer opportunities.
  • kranthikiran
    kranthikiran
    Hello Sir,
    Thank you for your advice. One thing to add is I don't want to stop my education here with B.E itself. I wanna study more and learn more. That is also one reason provoking me to think about higher studies.
    I would have prepared GRE after my b.e itself but my parents said that time they could not effort that much. So I left that idea. But not I have seen many My friends going for MS taking loans. I dint want to put any burden on my parents. But now I can take loan on my own and study.
    What you say sir?? Is it good idea??

Thanks
    Kranthi
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi Kranthi,

Thousands of students apply for loan and pursue higher studies with it. I don't see any problem with that. What's stoping you?
  • kranthikiran
    kranthikiran
    Hello Ankita,
    Yeah I agree with you. But my confusion is " is it better joining other company after 2 years exp or Going for MS next year"??
    Some friends saying ," why to waste money , you can get good job here only"??
    But still i prefer to chose for MS. One more thing , my final aim is to settle here (in INDIA) only .
    My friends told that we get job in US company after MS.
    I want to come back India and settle here. So that is my intention..
    please suggest me accordingly.

Thanks,
    Kranhi
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    kranthikiran
    Hello Ankita,
    Yeah I agree with you. But my confusion is " is it better joining other company after 2 years exp or Going for MS next year"??
    Some friends saying ," why to waste money , you can get good job here only"??
    But still i prefer to chose for MS. One more thing , my final aim is to settle here (in INDIA) only .
    My friends told that we get job in US company after MS.
    I want to come back India and settle here. So that is my intention..
    please suggest me accordingly.

Thanks,
    Kranhi
    Re-read all the above comments....over and over again...then you will understand what we are trying to convey.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Air Asia flight QZ8501 has gone missing and the operator has set an emergency number +622129850801 for the friends and relatives of the 162 (155 passengers and 7 crew members)...
As we hear the latest news of AirAisa plane going missing; with no RADARS being able to keep a track of the plane- I"m wondering whether serious innovation is required...
Can anyone suggest me best laptops for clear view in direct sunlight, right now with my current laptop it is almost impossible to read anything because of too much reflection
There are times, when you need motivation, and songs are a great way of getting it.😒 So let's share the songs which make us pumped up and which we enjoy...
Google has made the rules of the Google Play Store sterner. Since anyone can make an app and upload it on the play store for the Android OS, Google has...