Computer with multiple displays & keyboards

HI friends😉,
Recently our professor giving introduction to Data Communications had mentioned a computer with multiple displays and keyboards will be needed in some situations.

The problem here is I thought that it was a server Computer because it has multiple displays and multiple keyboards.I want to is it right or any computer is designed specially for this types of purposes😕.In order to gain some insight about that i searched in net and didn't the anticipated.

So, if any one here can shed some light on this would help me to know about the things and situations where such computers are required.

Waiting for your replies..... ;-)

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Usually, normal computers can have multiple monitors as long as they are equipped with the correct graphic cards. They are used for applications like graphic designing (where you need a large canvas), simulations, or anyone who needs a large desktop to display multiple windows.

In terms of multiple keyboards, these are used for instances where a single computer is virtualized for many users (some server operations, for example). Not as common as multiple monitors, but it does exist where each user has their own keyboard and monitor to control their OS. Hardware resources (such as CPU, HDD, RAM) will be shared across these users, so they need to be of high specification.
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    thanks Ash.
    but is it possible to share a computer only with keyboards and monitors i mean it does not have its own hard disk.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, it is possible. Even the hard disk can be partitioned.. though it'll be working a bit of overtime to switch between file operations of the users.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends😎, I want to write a program that controls the cursor movements.I want to do it java. For this fist i want to know how the thing goes in...
In Assembly Language Programing , if we use a stack then we have to allocate some memory for the stack.Now , my question is if we give the space from...
I'm posing this question in order to overcome my confusion and get some clarity. I wanna know what's the difference between the following words. 1.Unary operator and Binary operator 2.Relation...
can any one give me a brief explanation about piping. What is piping? For what purpose it is used? and the sites which can give me some help.......
Guys , Google is conducting coding competetion. Check this link for more details... Google Code Jam 2009 PS..If this is invalid please delete it 😀