computer vision application

hi everyone,

I was searching on internet about the available software and toolbox which can help me to develop application on computer vision. And I found following material.
1. Matlab Acquisition toolbox.
2. Aforge.Net (.net framework)
3. openCV (library in c/c++)

And I am unable to decide which one is robust and complete.
can any one suggest me.?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    What type of vision application you want to build? Vision applications can be of various types and utilities. You application specifications will decide which base you should work on to develop it. Whether its a long life application or a script for particular purpose. Everything depends on what you want to build. So if you can share with us your idea, we might try and help you.
  • junaidzubair
    junaidzubair
    Ok.
    Idea of application is simple. I just want to convert a monitor screen into a touchable screen like a smart phone..means no need of mouse and other interacting devices as we usually use to interact with our desktop pc.
    This application will need a web cam which will capture the hand motion and rest of processing task depends on coding(where I need help).
    So which environment is suitable to code this application.?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Well, you cannot convert a normal desktop screen into a gesture sensitive one using a Webcam code. It will require an integrated matrix automated virtualization for your purpose. You will need a screen which has touch screen feature or atleast that necessary hardware. Even though if you are trying to develop a GESTURE sensitive application, I guess you are looking for "Leap Motion" technique. And this will be done using sensors not your webcam. You can google Leap Motion and see if it suits your needs. There are many papers written on that as well and you will find your frame background from there itself. It again has a lot of applications.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    You can make a non touch screen into a touch screen using matrix interfacing of the screen

But you will need more than just simulator like Matlab to implement it are you planning on a working model or a simulation of it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Computers have coin sized RTC module which keeps the correct time even when the computer is OFF. In raspberry Pi it is not added. It checks the time from internet...
If you are a Chrome lover and Chrome is not automatically doing updates to your browser then there can be following two reasons of the same: - Administrator has disabled...
Google’s HDMI Streaming ‘Dongle’ Chromecast managed to steal the thunder from the 2013 Nexus 7 at the launch event held last month due to its simplicity and price. Since the...
Almost every month or in probably lesser time we are seeing a new release of Chrome. Recently Google had promoted the previous 29 branch from Dev to Beta, an almost...
Michael Tremer, a developer from the ipfire.org team, officially announced the release of IPFire 2.13 Core 71, a new stable release of the popular Linux-based firewall distribution. ​ Major features...