Computer Science engineer looking to enter into automobile industry

I am Raahul Suresh doing B.tech(CSE) and i am in my fivth semester right now.I am basically interested in automobiles and I am planning to do my P.G in German regarding auto mobiles.I am learning autocad right nw.Is it possible for me to enter a auto mobile Industry with masters in automobiles engineering.I am really confused with this.It would be really great if some one helps me with this problem.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you asking whether a Computer Science engineer can take up PG studies in automobile engineering OR whether a Post Grad student (automobiles stream) can enter automobile industry?
  • raahul suresh
    raahul suresh
    i sent a mail to a University in German and they told me that i can do my masters in Auto mobile stream.My question is can i enter a automobile industry with my ug programmen in cse field.Do i need to study any other software's to be selected in auto mobile industry
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    raahul suresh
    i sent a mail to a University in German and they told me that i can do my masters in Auto mobile stream.My question is can i enter a automobile industry with my ug programmen in cse field.Do i need to study any other software's to be selected in auto mobile industry
    Not sure about this. I think the best way would be to wait to hear from the University. If any CEan knows for sure that a CS engineer can enter Auto filed; please post the details here. I'm sure this would benefit lot of engineers in a similar situation.
  • raahul suresh
    raahul suresh
    I have a another question,Being a cse student i am very week in c and java.So is it good for me to do PG in cse stream?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    raahul suresh
    I have a another question,Being a cse student i am very week in c and java.So is it good for me to do PG in cse stream?
    No one can answer that question. The first question that 'you' need to answer is 'why' do you want to opt for post graduate course?

Your post graduate course is a 'way' , not a destination. You will have to figure out the destination first and define it in clear words. Then whether you should do PG or not and if yes, which stream will be clearer to you.
  • TaraJava
    TaraJava
    PG is not all about being good in c and java Ok there are many other streams of study you can choose like you can go to designing and testing if you think programming is not in your blood. Most importantly its about your interest and passion . Best of luck for your good future
  • raahul suresh
    raahul suresh
    wow is it?Is there any other fied in (cse) stream that doesn't require programming
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    Computer Science engineers can go into many fields. But a little bit of programming is needed everywhere. I mean there are Masters courses at various universities that mix CSE with a variety of other fields. CS knowledge is required in pretty much every field these days. Many of the masters program at global universities offer specializations in different subjects, such as Bio medical, Arts, Media, Film etc. But they all provide specializations on Your CS degree. You have to make up your mind Whether you want to stay in CS or you want to change track completely.
  • raahul suresh
    raahul suresh
    I am basically interested about both computers and automobiles..The reason why i thought to change my track to automobile is bcos i thought my poor knowledge about programming languages😔 would not help me to shine in my field.If i can do wonders being in cse field then no problem i luv to be in this stream.
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    If You are interested in Automobile engineering then Tell me why did you go to Computer Science..No Doubt . Computer science engineering has too good scope for future But If you are interested in automobile engineering then go for it without any delay after your computer science course.There are lots of institutes in India That provide this engineering and Think Gulzar Group of Institute is a good place to do automobile engineering and You should definitely Go for it..ALL THE BEST!!!
  • kaarthick iyer
    kaarthick iyer
    raahul......am exactly in yr position dude....i 'm also a CSE student and i suck in programmin too.....my craze for automobiles started only during my 3rd year....i have had this confusion for a very long time.....'m happy to know tat there r ppl who think like me......sum ppl said it was really stupid of me to think of automotive technology being a computer science student
  • renju mukundan
    renju mukundan
    bro mee too
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have a friend from the IT Industry who is crazy about automobiles. He just like so many other CS/IT students got stuck in the branch/field because of peer pressure of getting a "Secured" job. What he did next is really important though.

He went to the HR and told her his story and how he badly wants to work in the automobile sector. She got him in touch with big projects like Chrysler and Jaguar. He studied their projects thoroughly and is now in Germany handling the IT part of a major automobile brand. It took him just 4 years to be in the kind of role that doesn't put his CS knowledge to waste and lets him pursue his dream career.

There are thousands of options available, if you just get up and go looking for them.
  • cristy
    cristy
    i too am in a sort of confused situation i am btech cse student(6th sem), i were a bio student while at +1 n +2 and thus not good in programing which doesn't make me feel like to attend pg after btech, also as am interested in automobile field;
    is it possible to attend pg in automotive eng. anywhere being a cs graduate.

and hi
    #-Link-Snipped-# Moderator
    what sort of projects did your friend study!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# He got in touch with the team members of the respective projects and got information on their project's working, requirements, technical skills needed etc.

By the way, Biology -> computer science -> automobiles -> That is REALLY something!
  • renju mukundan
    renju mukundan
    #-Link-Snipped-#:which college u applied for ms in automobile engineering.....just gv me the name......
  • renju mukundan
    renju mukundan
    raahul suresh
    which college u applied for ms in automobile engineering.....just gv me the name......
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well, you do not have a coherent line of thought. Your choice of PG domain should be consistent with your aspirations, and right now I am getting mixed signals on that front. A PG abroad, is a BIG step, especially financially. So make sure you don't keep getting mixed signals while and after you are done with PG.

As for a CSE engineer entering the automobiles field, I would say right now is a great time. Infotainment is a big booming field right now and it needs CSE/Electronics/Embedded engineers more than Mechies. If you are more interested in core Auto fields like Engine Development or Auto systems development in general, there are so many ECU/controller development positions in most Auto companies.

Good luck.
  • krishna1993ka
    krishna1993ka
    My friend too had the same problem. He completed Graduation in CSE & now wants to enter an automobile field in an technical role. Is that possible? If so, what he needs to study next?
  • krishi.A.P
    krishi.A.P
    Hi!.I am doing 1st year b.tech computer science engineering.Is it possible for me to do automobile engineering after my b.tech in cse and start my job in automobile field ?
    If yes ,can I mint money?.Can you guys help me quickly?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    If you are more interested in Automobile engineering and you are still in the first year, why waste 3 years? Just change your stream in the 2nd year.
  • Rahman Abimbola Lawal
    Rahman Abimbola Lawal
    i am also in the same position, but i found answers in here.
    thanks everyone
  • nithin@19
    nithin@19
    raahul suresh
    I am Raahul Suresh doing B.tech(CSE) and i am in my fivth semester right now.I am basically interested in automobiles and I am planning to do my P.G in German regarding auto mobiles.I am learning autocad right nw.Is it possible for me to enter a auto mobile Industry with masters in automobiles engineering.I am really confused with this.It would be really great if some one helps me with this problem.
    Hi bro(#-Link-Snipped-#).i to have the same prob .i hate programming. But i am intrested in automobile engineering . I am really passionate about automobiles. Can i pursue my PG as a automobile engineer. If you have any thoughts please share with me bro my number whats app(9177240827).please bro waiting for a reply with lots of hope .i too live in chennai

Thank u
  • rahul2226
    rahul2226
    Hi Ankita,
    current i am working as a software developer, i want to move into automobile sector, where i can use my IT skills what is the process of getting job in an Automobile sector, even being a CSE student i have a exp of 2year total.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    When I hear "I am passionate about automobiles", I know what many of them might be thinking - Sleek cars (Fast & Furious like), probably they know more supercar models than most of their peers. Let me tell you guys something, that is not all there is to automobiles. That is just the superficial part of it. Make no mistake - IT IS IMPORTANT! But that (styling) is just a very small part of it. Imagine a car that has the looks of a Lamborghini Aventador but the engine of a Maruti 800 (hypothetical scenario!), would it still be an awesome automobile? If you said yes, then you are into styling, which is just a small part of the automobile design. And you DO have courses for product styling and industrial design, etc. But that is just the tip of the iceberg. The real stuff is under the hood and below the chassis, in short, everywhere you cannot see. The analogy is the same as that of the poster girls you see on calendars, you are "passionate" about them when you are a teenager, but you realize there is more to a life than just the looks. Same goes for automobiles. That escalated quickly. But yeah, do not make a career switch without knowing what you really are passionate about!
  • Abhay Tehria
    Abhay Tehria
    I m abhay and i have a question that now i am to adopt cse in engineering feild and after my bachelors degree in cse can i go for automobile field as my dream is to design a car.
  • Abhay Tehria
    Abhay Tehria
    I am abhay. i just passed out +2 and now i thimk to take admission in Computer science engineering. my qyestion is that can i go ti automobile side after my bachelors degree in computer science as i want to design a car
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Thousands of engineers are involved in designing a car. Be specific by what you mean when you want to "design" a car. Do you want to sketch the body of a car? Because that is not the same as designing a car.
  • Neeharika patel
    Neeharika patel
    I m student of computer engineering but i m also interested in automobile engineering.
    Plz....
    tell me what can i do for making future in automobiles indusries after computer engineering or IT engineering ??
    which courses need for do that ??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Neeharika patel
    ut i m also interested in automobile engineering.
    Plz....
    Are you absolutely sure that you want to make a career in automobile industry? Do you want to get into hardcore mechanical /automobile OR have any specific role in the auto-industry in mind? You need to provide detailed information so that we can understand your situation and offer good suggestions.
  • @rupam@
    @rupam@
    kaarthick iyer
    raahul......am exactly in yr position dude....i 'm also a CSE student and i suck in programmin too.....my craze for automobiles started only during my 3rd year....i have had this confusion for a very long time.....'m happy to know tat there r ppl who think like me......sum ppl said it was really stupid of me to think of automotive technology being a computer science student
    i am at the same condition but the difference is that i havent started the college yet..what should i do ..i am interested in both the streams
  • @rupam@
    @rupam@
    Abhay Tehria
    I am abhay. i just passed out +2 and now i thimk to take admission in Computer science engineering. my qyestion is that can i go ti automobile side after my bachelors degree in computer science as i want to design a car
    hi abhay..i also want to design a car which means i want to build my own car just not the sketch or design
  • Aditya KR
    Aditya KR
    I'm a 3rd year Computer Science student currently. How i took CSE as my subject, its simple, i thought the course wud be easier, but i want to go into the automobile industry as thats what i have my passion for. Guys, what do u reckon are my choices after i complete my btech, cuz frankly m confused as f***.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Aditya KR
    I'm a 3rd year Computer Science student currently. How i took CSE as my subject, its simple, i thought the course wud be easier, but i want to go into the automobile industry as thats what i have my passion for. Guys, what do u reckon are my choices after i complete my btech, cuz frankly m confused as f***.
    You realized a course is difficult in the 3rd year? I am confused. Just because a course is difficult is not reason to think on such a basic level. You have completed 2 years in the CS stream, you must have had a good reason. My advice is to not give up, you have plenty of chances getting into the auto field once you are a computer engineer.

Which brings me to my basic question for you: What exactly is your passion (in the auto field)?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

“I’m passionate about breaking ground in science and engineering because technology has driven many of the advances humankind has made,”
This project is aimed at developining a repository for the alumni of the college, which is of importance to a college. Abstract: The alumni manager is an internet based application...
This project aims at developing a system which will automate the functioning of the HR Department. Abstract: This project automates the selection process activities that the HR Department has to...
Call Center Executer is an increasingly important skill as the use of call centers becomes a popular method of centralizing information services, streamlining order taking and providing valuable customer support....
Document Manager provides a central repository for maintaining the documents. Abstract: User who uses this application can have the track of all the documents that are stored using this application....