Computer language that you like most...

Hello s,

We are working with number of computer languages in our life...We choose the language as per the advantages of the language and while choosing we are considering our requirements also...
Here post the language or software name that you like most to develop the applications,and specify the feature that you like most in that language...
One more thing this thread is not only for CS s...This thread is for all s.......

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Where's RUBY? Where's PERL? Where's PHYTHON? 😁

Just a doubt: Is .net a language?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Only 6 options...So I couldnot put moreπŸ˜‰

.NET is a framework and not a programming language. Hence we cannot compare .NET with other programming languages.

.NET framework has CLR (Common language runtime) which has the runtime libraries for all the languages supported by .NET. It is the responisbility of the runtime to take care of the code execution of the programs written using programming language.

.NET framework performs responsibilities like garbage collection (memory management) code access security code verification etc. In case of other programming languages these responsibilities has to be carried out by a programmer or s/w developer developing the application.

Advantage of using .NET is you can still continue programming in the language you are comfortable with.

However I put that here...Because somebody may feel more comfortable with that ..This is used to create the web and other application also...Hence I could not ignore that...
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    What is yours choice CEans...Start voting...
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I ticked all, I like all of them.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    MaRo
    I ticked all, I like all of them.
    You like to work on all these...Great...πŸ˜€
    Sometimes I feel C language as inflexible while working in string processing projects...
  • HEART-HACKER
    HEART-HACKER
    πŸ˜• U wrote C language and again wrote C++ THEN WHERE is C# ???
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    @HEART-HACKER: what is your confusion?
  • safwan
    safwan
    i like vb as its successor of BASIC and easy not like object -oriented .
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    C is great for me. I've used it in many situations.. numerical algorithms, software, microcontrollers... May not be the most efficient or optimized in some situations, but it was always easy to implement and prototype engineering ideas πŸ˜€

Some languages I'd love to keep working on is Python. Scheme and Smalltalk are worth a look too.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I prefer C.
    One reason is, it's very simple and has no hassles.
    The other is, I personally happen to use C in more places than I use any pther programming language.

Then again, I miss MATLAB in the list. Though it can't be strictly called a programming language, it's a great tool especially for electronics engineers. it can be used to simulate and analyze many phenomena easily. I've been doing programming things in MATLAB nowadays, whenever possible.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    My vote is for C,C++ and JAVA..All three are my favorites..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    with little programming I do.. I prefer C 😁
  • safwan
    safwan
    hay any one for biginers tryout small basic.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I like PERL, Ruby, VB, Shell scripting and Python... πŸ˜€

But got option to tick only one out of 5 πŸ˜”

-
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    I like Python,shell script,Java and C.Don't have much experience with C++ and hate VB.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Any particular reason you hate VB?

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I like PERL, Ruby, VB, Shell scripting and Python... πŸ˜€
    But got option to tick only one out of 5 πŸ˜”
    I miss MATLAB in the list
    s, While creating a poll I could create only 6 optionsπŸ˜”....
  • nakul dhande
    nakul dhande
    i would vote for C language cause that's the only language i know 😁
    i have a doubt here, if i were to learn a new language,which one should i go for and why?πŸ˜•
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    nakul dhande
    i have a doubt here,.....πŸ˜•
    Learn JAVA,J2EE...Java Language is Interesting And Flexible One TooπŸ˜€...
  • nakul dhande
    nakul dhande
    thanks ms_cs, can u suggest me any books for starting with java?
    and one more question, can we modify BIOS settings with the help of a C program?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    nakul dhande
    thanks ms_cs, can u suggest me any books for starting with java?
    and one more question, can we modify BIOS settings with the help of a C program?

Did you already planned to learn java ?????
  • nakul dhande
    nakul dhande
    well, i have it in my next semester, so i have to do it anyways 😁 so trying it in holidays wont hurt me (at least i think so πŸ˜‰)
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Fine......
    Java-The Complete Reference by Herbert Schildt is a famous book for beginners ...It is not needed to go to any computer institute...With this book you can make your base very strong...
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    crazyboy
    Any particular reason you hate VB?

I have done 5 mini projects in VB.And everytime I faced some problems in data reports,database connectivity,DLL files, database drivers etc and when I searched for solution on internet, I found that those problems were in VB itself and not in code.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    For me.. VB was the first language I learnt in high school. It was quite fun to create the forms, buttons, etc πŸ˜€

I think it is quite nice that MS is offering Visual Studio 2008 Express for free. Even for express versions, the IDE tools are quite powerful.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Agree ASH !!
  • safwan
    safwan
    Vb is my first programming language too. and may be last but still studying it in high school.
  • Nadine
    Nadine
    As I see many others of you chose the Clanguage as well.
    It is my favourite one because it is always easy to implement and I'm most comfortable[FONT="][/FONT] with it because I use it most.
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    i ticked the launguages C and JAVA because i don't know any other launguage
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I love working on C , that is the language i learnt first and then C++ and VB too...
  • gosgirl
    gosgirl
    It's so hard for me to choice,because I like all.

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Beauty of C is if you learn its c oncepts you can work on any of the langugae with syntex support.
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    Beauty of Java is the absence of pointers. I hate C++ for that... πŸ˜€
    Really missed python in this list. I think every kid should be taught VB along with java/C as a beginner and after reaching intermediate level should be taught a scripting language python/perl along with front end jsp/asp. then they should be allowed to take up anything in their interest.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Absence of pointers?
    I really like pointers, and I think C and C++ are unique in that respect.
    I'm not very well versed in manipulating pointers and all, but I sure like pointers very much.
    That might be one of the reasons I like C very much.
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    Ha Ha... That was a joke. When i was in school i struggled a lot with c pointers. but you need to struggle first to be an expert later.

anyway, i will give u a tip about pointers. a good percentage of the security vulnerabilities in C n C++ comes because of pointers. it may be powerful but its insecure to an extend.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Very true!!! If we groom a kid like this, He would be real hard core coder in future.

😁
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Oh, is that so? I was not aware of that.
    Could you pls tell how pointer becomes a security issue? Some examples perhaps..

Anyways, thanks for the tip. I'll remember that.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    The drawback of pointer in C maybe that if used carelessly, you can access and overwrite some critical memory. For Eg: if you declare an array of 5 ints, arr[5]. and if you try to write on arr[5], you will end up writing outside the array, and eventually corrupt some memory location. So data security is lost while handling pointers.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    silverscorpion
    Absence of pointers?
    I really like pointers, and I think C and C++ are unique in that respect.
    I'm not very well versed in manipulating pointers and all, but I sure like pointers very much.
    That might be one of the reasons I like C very much.
    pointers makes the language more flexible..proper handling should be there

Me too like pointers
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    C is nothing without pointers. Pointers makes the C such a powerful language.

-CB
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    further, a major sample of pointer vulnerability is Buffer overflow exploit. to exploit stack overflow 90% times hackers manipulate return pointers to point it to some restricted buffers/memory. you just leave a simple pointer unattended, you will have no idea how manipulating it will affect the whole memory around it, stack or heap. it can give a great control over the whole process flow.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I love working in Java so my vote goes for Java. πŸ˜‰
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    crazyboy
    C is nothing without pointers. Pointers makes the C such a powerful language.

-CB
    '

i agree!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi there! I am a Telecommunication engineer and I have made a energy haravesting circuit for my 4th year project. The problem which i have is that the circuit is...
I am 2nd year B tech and I have decided to go for MS from US universities . I want to know which Soft-wares to Learn in Mechanical Specially Design...
Hiii, Which type of PN codes is better for Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum - Barker codes or Gold codes? Thanks..
Hiii friends.. my name is pranav. I m from Chennai, India, now in first year of engineering πŸ˜€
hi.. All CE'ns...my prob is i am using ACER laptop presently and whenever i hide any file or folder i cant retrieve it back..i went to folder option->view..but no use...another...