Computer Engineering vs Mechanical Engineering

I want to know which discipline of engineering among computer & mechanical is better to study and has a better future prospects & scope. Would appreciate responses from engineers here.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vicky Abishek
    which is the best to study ??? which one has a good scope ???
    That is a strange question! Computer engineering, as you'd guess is all about computers and networking while mechanical engineering is about mechanics. Now if you compare the subjects to study - they are totally different. Which is better to study is basically determined by your inclination towards computers or mechanics.

If your interests are in computeres, go with CS. If you like mechanics, go with mechanical; there can't be a 'general' answer to your question.

About the scope - both mechanical and computer engineering are 'equal' in scope. The rule of thumb is that quality engineers are required and respected everywhere.

PS: I'm going to edit your question to make it more sensible.
  • VICKY ABISHEK
    VICKY ABISHEK
    The_Big_K
    That is a strange question! Computer engineering, as you'd guess is all about computers and networking while mechanical engineering is about mechanics. Now if you compare the subjects to study - they are totally different. Which is better to study is basically determined by your inclination towards computers or mechanics.

If your interests are in computeres, go with CS. If you like mechanics, go with mechanical; there can't be a 'general' answer to your question.

About the scope - both mechanical and computer engineering are 'equal' in scope. The rule of thumb is that quality engineers are required and respected everywhere.

PS: I'm going to edit your question to make it more sensible.
    i have already completed doing GNIIT in NIIT ( which covers all software fields ) and i m doing b.tech mechanical engineering first year ...i took this branch as i have no idea of my future ...i have interest in both the branches but have more knowledge in computer ...so i m deciding to shift to computer engineering by sliding next year ...what do you think about it ??? does gaining knowledge in both fields will be usefull ??? although if i study both i m going to get placed in either cse or mech company only ...so what should i do ??? shall i move to cse to gain deeper knowledge in computer or get knowledge in both ???but many have told that computer field is down for d past few years...i m completely confused about this ...can u help ???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PLEASE SUGGEST ME..RELATED TO CIVIL ENGINEERING, WHICH ADDITIONAL COURSE CAN I CHOOSE THAT IS USEFUL FOR CIVIL?
HI...MY COUSIN HAS FINISHED BCA IN 6 MONTHS AGO.BUT SHE IS NOT GETTING JOB TILL NOW..SHE GOT EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILL AND ALSO GOT 80%. SO THAT, SEND SOME INFORMATION TO...
Hi all, I was wondering in morning as to why we don't organize competitions and such stuffs. I would like to ask fellow CEans if they can suggest some things...
Is there anyone here who can help me, can suggest or has an idea as to where I can find a latest thesis paper/Journal about a human body mimicking robot...
Today CEan ET is celebrating his birthday. Wish Rahul aka ET a very Happy Birthday. Have a rocking year ahead buddy. 🎉 :myparty: