Computational Fluid Dynamics - Study & Applications Discussion

A shout out to people working with CFD (or Computational Mechanics in general). Post below, if there are any, so that we can discuss ideas and enrich our understanding.

Replies

• Harshad Katre
    Harshad Katre
    Though I have used this before but not in touch with this subject since 4 years. Can anybody share the latest details and usage of this?

Harshad
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    What did you work on?
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Ahh!! what a co incidence. I am currently working on non linear dynamics. Right now solving swift hohenberg equation. Before that my work was on generating non linearity on linear structures using other 2D non linear equations. My team however emphasize on making an electrical circuit of jerk equation.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I have absolutely no idea what you are doing, but that "jerk" word reminded me of my graduate CFD course where we modeled the non linear Berger's equation. Can you comment more on the nature of the PDE your group is modeling? Which framework do you use to get this done? I am currently working on multiphase flows.
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Actually my team project is based on fluid models but it is not entirely correlated. I have started working on this only since July,'15. My initial work was based on "Study of Two dimensional network of dodecanethiol capped Gold nano particles( AuNPs) with mixed monolayers of Stearic Acid at the air water interface using Brewster Angle Microscopy and analysis of the pattern formation in the process and intensity measurement using image processing technique(MATLAB)". I am more into fractals study and pattern formation. Right now, I am studying fourth order "Swift Hohenberg" equation which is best known for its pattern forming behavior. Other part of the team uses "Tokamak"(customised version just to be used in plasma physics) to confine plasma and use the data for their interpretation. Other team mate is working on 3 dimensional jerk equation circuit.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Fractals study and pattern formation sounds great! Although the thesis title was way beyond my comprehension, it does sound very interesting. I suppose you are on your way to a PhD then. Do keep us all posted on anything you have not signed a NDA for. Just very curious, what could be the application of fractals, encryption?
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Shashank Moghe
    Fractals study and pattern formation sounds great! Although the thesis title was way beyond my comprehension, it does sound very interesting. I suppose you are on your way to a PhD then. Do keep us all posted on anything you have not signed a NDA for.
    Not at all, Sir. I am an undergraduate student, I work in Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics as an intern, as I was least interested in my college activities. I would definitely like to know your work and industrial aspects of CFD or such related fields.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well, that thesis/paper title sounds cryptic enough for a non pure-science person, hence the error in guaging. If the paper is open-access (freely available), CEans might benefit from that paper, so do post it. CFD in the industry doesnt quite have the flair of CFD in academia, but I have been lucky enough to be given enough freedom to both be research oriented and still make a "business case" of it. I am using opensource CFD code OpenFOAM, which is nothing but a huge bunch of c++ libraries packaged together. I am working on multiphase flows. I have very recently begun on CFD in my work, but my prior education was mostly based around it (thermo-fluids).
  • Harshad Katre
    Harshad Katre
    Sorry for late reply in this post..
    I have worked on CFX version to calculate the drag co-efficient acting on a car model and further how can we increase mileage with drag force reduction.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    harshadkatre
    Sorry for late reply in this post..
    I have worked on CFX version to calculate the drag co-efficient acting on a car model and further how can we increase mileage with drag force reduction.
    #-Link-Snipped-#, are you still using CFX?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am looking to construct a building approximately 38 stories high along the beach. I have been looking into this for about 2 years now and I am ready to...
I'm experimenting with HHVM and wondering if anyone's here got any experience with HHVM. I'm mostly concerned about compatibility issues and any specific stuff one must keep in mind while...
Ever since Apple Computer got renamed to Apple Inc., the tech giant has been diversifying its domains and is no more limited to just consumer electronics. However, the automobile industry...
I got talking to a friend yesterday (who is an Industrial Engineer by degree) and found out about all the amazing things she had done in research related to multimodality...
It seems that HTC is only in the mood the launch its Desire handsets. After launching the Desire 728G and Desire 828 in the past two months, HTC has now...