Comparison of a device manager v. simple Perl script

Here is a comparison of an awful GUI implementation and what I did to work around this painful thing with a simple Perl script.

This is the awful GUI. Painful...just painful. I even increased the video speed to make watching it less painful.
#-Link-Snipped-#

This is how I collect the information now. I never use that GUI screen.
#-Link-Snipped-#

I not only display the data to stdout, but I stuff it into a MySQL database and we use the data for some web-based front ends to make it usable for others.

Replies

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Stephen B Johnson
    This is the awful GUI. Painful...just painful. I even increased the video speed to make watching it less painful.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

This is how I collect the information now. I never use that GUI screen.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hello Stephen, both these videos are private and no one can see it.
    Please check it once.
  • Stephen B Johnson
    Stephen B Johnson
    Sorry about that... These can be viewed now.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm curious to know whether the voice calls made on the Reliance Jio network will consume the 'data' that users are being charged for? My best guess is 'No'; based...
The Chinese phone maker, Meizu has unveiled the latest M3 Max phone. With its humongous 6" display, the phone offers a punch for the price. Officially priced at 1699 Yuan...
Would you bet on a smartphone with complementary specifications at a mid-range price? If your answer is affirmative you can go with the latest Intex offering, Aqua S7. Equipped with...
Everyone knows IVRS systems are painful to use. Finding a human customer care executive hidden behind the robotic voices of IVRS is nothing short of a treasure hunt; with no...
Hi Sir, if i took GRE, can i able to crack my campus placement test?