Companies Hiring Candidates with < 60% in Graduation In 2023

Companies Hiring Candidates with < 60%  in Graduation In 2023

Most of the software, IT and manufacturing companies require candidates to score a minimum of 60% throughout their undergraduate course.

However, following are few of the top companies that hire candidates with less than 60% in their graduation-

1. Dunzo: Startup in the hyper-local delivery space.

2. SBI: This popular Indian bank does not have minimum 60% requirement

3. Toplyne: A Behavioral Artificial Intelligence Company

4. TCS BPS: Not ideal for engineers; but in case you want a career in BPS

5. Apple: Surprising, right? They don’t even look at your college.

6. Google: They stopped looking at degrees and prefer your skills.

7. RIGI: Startup in Community Monetisation space.

8. Zepto: Hyperlocal delivery startup.

9. Toddle: An EdTech Startup that you can apply to

10. Reliance: Jio division of Reliance does not require 60% throughout graduation

11. Maruti Suzuki: India’s leading automaker

12. Tata Motors: They accept candidates with 55% (needs verification)

13. Hyundai: Another big car maker in India that you can apply to

14. Rakuten: Leading startup in the e-commerce space

15. Ernst and Young (E&Y): Leading IT Services company

16. Mphasis: I think they recently removed 60% criteria

17. 3i Infotech Ltd: Another leading IT Services company

18. BirlaSoft: IT company backed by large conglomerate

19. Edureka: An EdTech company that’s very well

20. NVIDIA Corporation: Difficult to crack; but doesn’t have eligibility criteria

21. Amazon: Recently eliminated the academic criteria

I might have missed one or two; but that’s a very solid list of companies you can apply to without worrying about your academic performance.

I spoke to training and placement officer of a leading engineering college in my region (central India) and he told me that most of the companies have relaxed the recruitment criteria to 50%-55% in most of the cases.

Why?

Two reasons-

1. Those with good academic performance either switch jobs or opt for higher studies like GMAT and GRE

2. Those with lesser academic performance (<60%) stay longer in their jobs; which helps the HRs maintain a good talent-pool within the corporation.

I’ll keep updating the list of companies every month. Plus, we are starting a dedicated jobs section for our members for quick apply to amazing remote and on-site job opportunities. Stay tuned!

Update: More Companies Hiring Candidates with Less Than 60%

An updated list of companies that do not have set 60% minimum eligibility criteria for recruitment.

• 3i Infotech Limited: Mumbai-based IT company. Good for freshers

• Mphasis: A leading MNC, good projects to start your career

• Capgemini: I need to confirm this. But they have changed their criteria recently.

• MRR Soft: A Nagpur based software company. Try your luck here

• KPIT: Pune Headquartered company. Known for high-quality software projects

What to do if you have less than 60% in graduation?

Note that for most of the top MNCs, the 60% eligibility criteria applies only at the time of fresh-graduate recruitment. If you gain some experience and then apply to these companies; you can get selected.

Do not lose heart. There are several startup IT companies that you can apply to. Gain some experience for about 2 years, learn new tech and then apply for a bigger MNC.

Another workaround is to opt for post-graduation and then score very well in the PG exams. Most of the times, the recruiters will only look at your PG performance and make a job offer.

I hope these tips will help you find a good job with your dream company. If you have questions, ask them below. I will be happy to answer them for you.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Guys, would love to read your thoughts on the topic.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Though I have been victim of the this 60% criteria. But they have to filter out students at some level. They also have to spend money on recruitment.
    May be they can introduce like, if you are failing this through out 60%, you have to have 200+ numbers combined with X, XII and Graduation percentage.
    This will rule out the excuses of having problem in all exams.

But this is truth that, typical campus IT recruitment is not the end. If you don't get selected in campus recruitment, there is perfectly 100% 'chance' that you will get to know your true potential , what exactly you like to do.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Ankita Katdare
    A fresher will always get better work exposure in a small IT company. It is advisable to learn as much as you can in a small company for initial 2-3 years and then plan to join a MNC. The reason being that you will get a chance to reach a higher position very quickly in a small company as excellent performance gets noticed very easily over there. However, due to extreme competition, it is not easy to climb up the organisational hierarchy in a MNC.
    This says it all about the issue.
    Sometimes I think, we are stopping many wonderful brains to come up with some beautiful stuffs due to this process of hiring.
    Keep on trying clicking some companies which do not recruits seeing the mark-sheet.
    PS: Anyways, in today's world, mark-sheets do not earn dollars for these IT companies. It is the right-Knowledge-Applied-At-Right-Place, which matters. Hope, companies would change their way to hire the buds.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Koushal Patel
    Anyways, in today's world, mark-sheets do not earn dollars for these IT companies. It is the right-Knowledge-Applied-At-Right-Place, which matters. Hope, companies would change their way to hire the buds.
    A very valid point put forth by you. Many HR managers are seen discussing the issue. The gap is clearly visible. The big IT companies are hiring in huge numbers and are still not able to find the appropriate candidate for the job. Even technical & soft-skill training is fruitless for some of these employees. I guess the hiring process needs to be changed.
    Keeping a high eligibility criteria for grades and then conducting interviews where either they ask final year students to write a C or Java code and select anyone who can produce a mugged-up code for fibonacci series - seems like an age-old technique that has to GO! Even in HR interviews, some of these IT companies hire anyone who can speak good English and has above average marks on the academic scale.

If the companies do away with the eligibility criteria of minimum 60% or minimum 50% and make modifications instead in the hiring process, by making students aware of the projects they will be working on before-hand or giving them to prepare on technical topics by themselves and then judging them bases on their practical skills, that should work out to be way better than the current model.
  • kunal tiwari
    kunal tiwari
    I'm 18 years old. I got 66% in 10the and 50.4% in 12th this year. Should I repeat class 12 or take an admission in collage with management quota??
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    kunal tiwari
    I'm 18 years old. I got 66% in 10the and 50.4% in 12th this year. Should I repeat class 12 or take an admission in collage with management quota??
    Did you passed out last year or this June only?
    Is there any criteria in colleges to get admission even if you get good rank in entrance exams?
  • kunal tiwari
    kunal tiwari
    Anoop Kumar
    Did you passed out last year or this June only?
    Is there any criteria in colleges to get admission even if you get good rank in entrance exams?
    I passed 12th in 2015, I can take admission by paying big amount to collage. Buy I have very less percentage in 12th. So which one is better option for m? 12th or collage?
  • kunal tiwari
    kunal tiwari
    I scored only 50.4 in 12th. I can take admission in a good private collage in Indore with management quota quota. What should I do, I'm so confused? Should I take admission in collage or repeat 12th. I want a good company for job.
  • Devesh Verma
    Devesh Verma
    i have 85% in 10th and 57% in 12th... and i have joined a good college i m in 2nd yr..
    i have a question that companies who have eligibility of above 60% thoughout when they come my college for placement will be allowed to sit in there placement ???? plzzz reply fast...
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If you just passed (CBSE).. you can give improvement exam if you feel you can prepare in few month. You can choose one or more papers to appear.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

kunal tiwari
    I can take admission by paying big amount to collage.
    You can always take admission in college. Depends on college management policy.

DEVESH_VERMA
    i have 85% in 10th and 57% in 12th... and i have joined a good college i m in 2nd yr..
    i have a question that companies who have eligibility of above 60% thoughout when they come my college for placement will be allowed to sit in there placement ???? plzzz reply fast...
    Don't worry. There are lots of people been in your situation and they are doing fine. But yes, at fresher level there might be some companies which put the criteria of 60%. So just pass other 90% of companies wouldn't put this restriction.
  • kunal tiwari
    kunal tiwari
    Anoop Kumar
    If you just passed (CBSE).. you can give improvement exam if you feel you can prepare in few month. You can choose one or more papers to appear.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You can always take admission in college. Depends on college management policy.

Don't worry. There are lots of people been in your situation and they are doing fine. But yes, at fresher level there might be some companies which put the criteria of 60%. So just pass other 90% of companies wouldn't put this restriction.
    I'm in mp board
  • Devesh Verma
    Devesh Verma
    Don't worry. There are lots of people been in your situation and they are doing fine. But yes, at fresher level there might be some companies which put the criteria of 60%. So just pass other 90% of companies wouldn't put this restriction.[/QUOTE]

Actually din get u what u meant by this line"So just pass other 90% of companies wouldn't put this restriction".. can u plzz elaborate.. it will be good for me.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    DEVESH_VERMA
    Actually din get u what u meant by this line
    I am saying there are only 10% hiring companies who put 60% restriction. Other don't most of them have restriction of 50% throughout. So you are eligible for them.
    So you have 90% of companies to apply for. ☕
  • rishi singh@
    rishi singh@
    sir i have 68% in 10th and and 58% in 12th boards . And i have qualified jee mains 2015 exam . I have 95 marks in computer science . i should take CSE , will i get job after doing b tech from cse . i ll be able to take part in college placement . plzzz tell fastt..
  • Tarun_me
    Tarun_me
    Sir i have 70 and 80 percent in 10th and 10+2.but have 57% till 3rd year in btech..so plz tell me how to apply to these companies...??? And i'm from ISC board..
  • Devesh Verma
    Devesh Verma
    Anoop Kumar
    I am saying there are only 10% hiring companies who put 60% restriction. Other don't most of them have restriction of 50% throughout. So you are eligible for them.
    So you have 90% of companies to apply for. ☕

SIR CAN YOU PLEASE NAME SOME OF THOSE COMPANIES AS I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND ANY OF THESE.... PLEASE SIR IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP FOR ME
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It's depends while placements. As far I know Infosys have criteria of 60% throughout.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    DEVESH_VERMA
    SIR CAN YOU PLEASE NAME SOME OF THOSE COMPANIES AS I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND ANY OF THESE.... PLEASE SIR IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP FOR ME
    Go ahead and check the vacancies in following companies:

• MindTree
    • Infosys
    • Accenture
    • Amazon
    • HCL
    • IBM
    • Wipro
    Depending on the requirement, these companies do have job offers for candidates who do not have 60% throughout.
  • Devesh Verma
    Devesh Verma
    Ankita Katdare

• MindTree
    • Infosys
    • Accenture
    • Amazon
    • HCL
    • IBM
    • Wipro
    Depending on the requirement, these companies do have job offers for candidates who do not have 60% throughout.
    BUT MAAM JUST NOW I CHECKED ONLY WIPRO HAS LESS THAN 60% CRITERIA
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    DEVESH_VERMA
    Less than 60% criteria? So it means you can apply?
  • Devesh Verma
    Devesh Verma
    Anoop Kumar
    It's depends while placements. As far I know Infosys have criteria of 60% throughout.
    BUT I DONT HAVE 60%IN 12th... I HAVE 57%... AND IN 10th I HAVE 84% SO KINDLY TELL ME THE COMPANIES TO WHICH I CAN AIM TO GET INTO....
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I don't have facts about it. Better to consult with placement cell or read criteria of placement drive. If there is any marks criteria it should be mentioned, otherwise everyone eligible.
  • Devesh Verma
    Devesh Verma
    Anoop Kumar
    I don't have facts about it. Better to consult with placement cell or read criteria of placement drive. If there is any marks criteria it should be mentioned, otherwise everyone eligible.
    i tought u r here to help.... but no use....
  • Devesh Verma
    Devesh Verma
    Ankita Katdare
    yeah i can but can u help me with some more companies....
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    DEVESH_VERMA
    i tought u r here to help.... but no use....
    We can try to help as much as we can.
    Please understand, We are not recruiting agency or placement cell who have database of companies.
    We can try to advice you with our past experiences.
    Rest, for facts, you need to explore from your college or current trend in your city.
  • PRADEEP KUMAR
    PRADEEP KUMAR
    Hi Sir/Madam,
    I am P.PRADEEP KUMAR from Andhra Pradesh and completed my B.TECH course with major CSE and secured 70.56% passout 2014 .In intermediate i secured 85.2% and finally in tenth class i.e CBSE secured as 55.56%.

My question is what kind of software jobs that am i applicable and post be the links for applying jobs me.
  • abhishekroy1193
    abhishekroy1193
    Hello sir my marks in class 12th is 53% but after improvement it is 67%. Right now I am placed in wipro but at the time of placement the criteria for Wipro was 60% in 10 and 10+2 and 65% in b.tech.... But my college allowed me to sit in placement drive based on my improvement marks. So I want to ask you that will Wipro cancel my offer as my marks in 12th is less than 60 before improvement or do they consider improvement marks?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# , you *have nothing to wary about. Your final improvement mark will be considered everywhere.
  • abhishekroy1193
    abhishekroy1193
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# , you are nothing to wary about. Your final improvement mark will be considered everywhere.
    so, should I mention in my resume that the 12th marks is 67% (after improvement)?

Also I want to ask that I have to fill nsr(national skill registry) form as wipro has asked us to do it in the pre-joining formalities. But in nsr field how do i mention my 12th roll number and also 12th improvement roll number as there is only one field for hsc. Below is the nsr form screenshot.
    nsr
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I don't think you need to mention "Improvement", unless specifically asked. Treat your improved marks as usual. If someone ask, then only you should tell.
  • sahil angra
    sahil angra
    I'm from bangalore and i have secured 89% in my 10th, 69% in 12th, and now i have got a good engineering college seat which has quite decent placements. My question is will my 12th percentage cause any trouble during campus placements?
  • Rajiv12
    Rajiv12
    I've secured 8.2 CGPA in 10th i.e 77.9% but in 12th I only got 58.4% 😔
    should I take admission(CSE) in a good college or prepare for improvement exam? please help me and respond ASAP I don't have much time to make my final decision
    thanks in advance
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    sahil angra
    I'm from bangalore and i have secured 89% in my 10th, 69% in 12th, and now i have got a good engineering college seat which has quite decent placements. My question is will my 12th percentage cause any trouble during campus placements?
    #-Link-Snipped-# 69% isn't a bad score at all. First of all congratulations for getting admission in a good engineering college. If you say it has good placements, that's a cherry on the cake. As told in the posts above 60% is a minimum criteria for some companies, but not all. From here you need to focus on building your skills in the branch you've chosen and forget about the rest for next 3 years. Start by understanding the demands of the industry. Start by trying your hand at different programming languages and technologies and understand what you like the best. Stick to your favorite subject and become a master in it. Resolve to be proficient in the basics of every important subject. If you do that, I promise you that getting placed in a company of your choice will be easy peasy.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Rajiv12
    I've secured 8.2 CGPA in 10th i.e 77.9% but in 12th I only got 58.4% 😔
    should I take admission(CSE) in a good college or prepare for improvement exam? please help me and respond ASAP I don't have much time to make my final decision
    thanks in advance
    #-Link-Snipped-# Many of my classmates had really low percentage in 12th. Compared to that 58.4% isn't as bad as you think. Follow the advice I've given to Sahil above and you shall not regret the time spend during the engineering college days.
    Always remember that you have the option of going for companies that do not require 60% aggregate throughout. (May be not through campus placements, but via walk-ins in companies). Apart from that, believe me when I say that if you have really killer coding skills, are really good at web programming or some other computer skill, startups will hire you without giving a second glance at your marks. And if you do decide to work at a startup 4 years down the line, there are chances that you could get paid more than your peers working at an MNC.
    Many of my friends who were not eligible for campus placements due to marks, went ahead to do M.Tech or M.S, they have landed up with great jobs too. Others simply decided to start something of your own.

Lastly, if you think that you can spend another year to re-take the 12th board exams without much hassle of funds or time, you can always do that. Thousands of students do that and there's not much difference when you turn 25.

No matter what you choose to do, promise yourself that if you choose to CS or IT as your branch, you will become a really good programmer or a good database expert or a good networking analyst or a good something technically. That's what matters in the long run.
  • Devesh Verma
    Devesh Verma
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Many of my classmates had really low percentage in 12th. Compared to that 58.4% isn't as bad as you think. Follow the advice I've given to Sahil above and you shall not regret the time spend during the engineering college days.
    Always remember that you have the option of going for companies that do not require 60% aggregate throughout. (May be not through campus placements, but via walk-ins in companies). Apart from that, believe me when I say that if you have really killer coding skills, are really good at web programming or some other computer skill, startups will hire you without giving a second glance at your marks. And if you do decide to work at a startup 4 years down the line, there are chances that you could get paid more than your peers working at an MNC.
    Many of my friends who were not eligible for campus placements due to marks, went ahead to do M.Tech or M.S, they have landed up with great jobs too. Others simply decided to start something of your own.

Lastly, if you think that you can spend another year to re-take the 12th board exams without much hassle of funds or time, you can always do that. Thousands of students do that and there's not much difference when you turn 25.

No matter what you choose to do, promise yourself that if you choose to CS or IT as your branch, you will become a really good programmer or a good database expert or a good networking analyst or a good something technically. That's what matters in the long run.

MY Question is about what u said " Many of my friends who were not eligible for campus placements due to marks, went ahead to do M.Tech or M.S, they have landed up with great jobs too "

So i wanted to ask companies coming for recruitment in MBA or M.TECH colleges the will be also having some criteria. and if again the companies recruiting set 60% throughout then it will be a problem again...

so can u help me wid this plzzzz.

and one more thing being in ISE branch what kind of cirtifications can i go for so that i can improve my resume. plzz reply to this too fast plzzz
  • Rajiv12
    Rajiv12
    Ankita Katdare

Thanks again for your valuable advice 😀
  • rohit_pk
    rohit_pk
    Hi, i am student of MCA final year...n our placements are about to start... i have 65% in 12th but 58.7% in 10th(6 subjects) is it possible that i could take best 5 subjects(English,Maths,Social Science,Science,Sanskrit)..??
    please help.. m very tensed.. 😔

warm Regards,
  • Satarupa Sarkar
    Satarupa Sarkar
    Sir I have got 84% in class 10 and 64.6% in class 12.I am doing B.Tech in CSE.will i able to get a good job as maximum companies r sitting 65% in class10,10+2 .I am currently in 4th year 2016 passout batch.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Guys, STOP worrying about marks and not getting job from campus placement.
    I agree getting job in placement drive are a part but, did you study only to get job in campus placement or to excel in your engineering degree.
    No matter how bad is your marks, an awesome project and good command in subject of branch can fetch any any job you want.
    Please focus on that.

Please read the first post of thread, it well explained and can able to answer all your question.
    Companies recruiting with eligibility criteria less than 60%
  • rohit_pk
    rohit_pk
    Anoop Kumar
    Guys, STOP worrying about marks and not getting job from campus placement.
    I agree getting job in placement drive are a part but, did you study only to get job in campus placement or to excel in your engineering degree.
    No matter how bad is your marks, an awesome project and good command in subject of branch can fetch any any job you want.
    Please focus on that.

Please read the first post of thread, it well explained and can able to answer all your question.
    Companies recruiting with eligibility criteria less than 60%
    #-Link-Snipped-# please if you know anythng about my problem..then guide me please...
    my prob :
    Hi, i am student of MCA final year...n our placements are about to start... i have 65% in 12th but 58.7% in 10th(6 subjects) is it possible that i could take best 5 subjects(English,Maths,Social Science,Science,Sanskrit)..??
    please help.. m very tensed.. 😔
  • Shivanhu
    Shivanhu
    Sir i have 83 and 70percent in 10th and 10+2.but have 57% till 3rd year in btech..so plz tell me how to apply to these companies...??? And i'm from ISC board..
    Recommend me few companies which i can apply for offcampus as my college is not allowing me to sit in placements!!
  • Sandeep Roy
    Sandeep Roy
    i have 63% in 10th and 48% in 12th... and i have joined college i m in 3nd yr BCA from wbut my current GPA is 6.61(upto 4th sem)..i have a question that companies who have eligibility of above 60% throughout when they come my college for placement will be allowed to sit in there placement or even which company i will apply ???? plzzz reply fast...
  • Sandeep Roy
    Sandeep Roy
    i have 63% in 10th and 48% in 12th... and i have joined a good college i m in 3nd yr BCA from wbut and my currently GPA is 6.61(upto 4th sem).i have a question that companies who have eligibility of above 60% thoughout when they come my college for placement will be allowed to sit in there placement ???? plzzz reply fast...
  • Aayushi Bhatnagar
    Aayushi Bhatnagar
    I am a BCA graduate and pursuing my MCA from VIT University. I have scored 84.2% in 10th, 54.6% in 12th, 73.2% in my graduation and my current CGPA is 8.3.
    I am not eligible for most of the IT sector companies except ACCENTURE that asked for 6 CGPA in current degree and no arrears.
    Is this 60% eligibility criteria applied only during on campus placements ?
    Will I face problems because of this if I sit for companies off campus?
  • roshan gupta
    roshan gupta
    my 10 & 12 mark is 74&59 weather i am applicable for mechanical core company or not .
  • Rupan Datta
    Rupan Datta

i am b.tech 4th year student .tcs will come on 25th aug.I have read this through out the article and i am also depressed about criteria of various IT companies.i have less than 60% in 12th that's why i am unable to seat in tcs which is going to held on 25th aug....plzz sugg me...what to do...is there any company (then plz mention the names) which does not require 60% in 12th(i have 68 % in 10,56% in 12,7 point in btech(upto 6sem)

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Aayushi Bhatnagar
    Is this 60% eligibility criteria applied only during on campus placements ?
    Will I face problems because of this if I sit for companies off campus?
    For fresher level, you may face 60% criteria in off campus too.
    Your query is already answered:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Rupan Datta
    i have less than 60% in 12th that's why i am unable to seat in tcs which is going to held on 25th aug....plzz sugg me...what to do...is there any company (then plz mention the names) which does not require 60% in 12th(i have 68 % in 10,56% in 12,7 point in btech(upto 6sem)
    Although, I have question for you guys
    • Do you have sound knowledge of core subject or the field of company you are going to apply for.
    • Did you build a awesome final project by yourself, or at-least tried it.
    If your answer is YES, You have nothing to wary about. You will get the job of your choice.

If your answer is NO, then frankly speaking. You have all the reason to get wary and get serious about your field. Better start learning. It's never too late.
  • sumansjs
    sumansjs
    I have got 90% in 10th but due to some health reasons got 59.2% in 12th. I got 34k rank in AIEEE and took admission in BIT Mesra, Patna Campus in 2012. I have 7.1 pointer till sixth semester. I am unable to sit in any placement inside the campus due to low marks in 12th. Currently preparing for GATE - 2016, E-Litmus. Still I have no idea what to do next ?
  • suman gupta
    suman gupta
    i have in 10th 69%, in 12th in best of five 58.8% and in all 7 subject 61% in wbsc board...... and b.tech in ece with 70%...plz tell me company name in which i apply and full fill criteria with my this numbers.
  • Tejashri Pai
    Tejashri Pai
    Yes,off course recently I have graduated and I too have an aggregate of 58.33%.Thera are about 70% companies ,i found having 60% criteria and about 30% only having 55% criteria.So,yess being a fresher I found one of the good companies that might hire below 60% are TCS,Wipro .
  • Madhuri Batane
    Madhuri Batane
    Mam i have 51% in 10th and overall in diploma and engineering i have 65% so is it any company having such criteria?
  • Snehal_230222
    Snehal_230222
    I want latest criteria of Wipro 2015 off-campus
  • Amruth Kiran
    Amruth Kiran
    Hello!
    I am a final year student and I would like to share a few things regarding the joust between marks and placements which almost everyone is worried about.
    First of all, YES you have to clear the BARE MINIMUM eligibility criteria set forth by the company themselves but do keep in mind this changes almost year and as far as I've seen, even between colleges of the same board!
    I myself have gone through this 60% issue and didn't make the cut, but falter not I always say. Engineering is easy to get into, but that's not the case when you have to clear all 4 years successfully.
    Anyways, back to the placement talk, today in my "decently reputed" college, TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) began their drive and took in 120 students,with a 60% MINIMUM in 10th,12th and B.E.
    A few days ago ARICENT (70% IN B.E and 60% in 10th/12th) took in 30 students.
    We got a lot more companies coming in and I'll be happy to update this as they come, but my point being the companies set the eligibility criteria based not only on the market stand but also on the cutoff standards based on aptitude and technical performances, and I've personally seen a leeway being given upto 3% on your B.E marks based on your performance in 10/12th or in your projects.
    I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF THE PROJECTS ENOUGH.
    The various moderators on this site have no doubt said this before and I really have to thank them cause I've referred to this site since my 1st Year and is a goldmine of resources and ideas.
  • Chhotey Naseem
    Chhotey Naseem
    its not necessary that...those who have 60% or abov in 10th and 12th are good in study....
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Naseem Mirza
    its not necessary that...those who have 60% or abov in 10th and 12th are good in study....
    This may be true.
    But campus placement for work, and it never be sure that a high score student will be good in work. Doesn't matter technical or not.
    *Being good in study and being good at work/job are completely two different thing.
  • vijaykumar12
    vijaykumar12
    sir,
    pls. tell me that,is there any IT COMPANY,that accept student having 64% in 10 and 57% in 12,now i am in b.tech 7th sem.and secured 6.9 cgpa upto 6th sem.
    pls. reply............and if yes than tell me the name of companies...​
  • Ayush Keshri
    Ayush Keshri
    Hello Sir /Madam.. My Name is Ayush Keshri now I m pursuing my Engineering .upto 6th semester i got 73% marks but I dont have 60%in 10th .I hv 58%..and in 12th I hv 67% so plz tell me the companies to which i can aim to get info ..
  • khalsa
    khalsa
    hllo frnds
    i have got 57% marks in mca nd 4.6 in 10 nd 50% of 10+2 nd 79% of bca .plz tell me so plz tell me how to apply to these companies...??? reply plz fastttt.....
  • Bhavna k
    Bhavna k
    What about HCL,Microsoft and Accenture?
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Guys, would love to read your thoughts on the topic.[/
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Guys, would love to read your thoughts on the topic.[/QUOT
    DEVESH_VERMA
  • Anjankumar udupa
    Anjankumar udupa
    hello!!! i have an aggregate of 60+% in my first 6 semesters of engineering ,i had a back in one subject of 4th semester which i cleared in 2attempt,now i don't have any back subjects .The on campus interview will be starting by next month in our college, so now am i eligible for n and off campus interviews,will i have any problem during the time of hr round interview time????
  • Anurag .v
    Anurag .v
    Hi guys....I got 67 % in my 10th, and 57% in 10+2,and 65.31% in my btech graduation.....I got 'Regret Mailer' from wipro ,because i don't satisfy their companies requirements.....Crazy guy out there in MNC's ,they won't ask a single question in the interview from 10+2,then why the hell they need 60% throughout career from a student,even today i.e.,18/9/2015 i was not given a chance to participate in recruitment drive conducted by vedicsoft ....feeling very much frustrated, what's there in 60% ?????
  • sahil angra
    sahil angra
    @anurag.v
    Well I guess it's just a process of filtering people!
    Many people fail to comply to the 60% margin requirement, that's surely disadvantage to students who couldn't perform due to some health or genuine reasons. I would say try companies who have criteria of 55% or some companies which do not take 12 marks into consideration!. You could always try continuing studying further to get your m.tech or even Ph.d
  • Anurag .v
    Anurag .v
    sahil angra
    @anurag.v
    Well I guess it's just a process of filtering people!
    Many people fail to comply to the 60% margin requirement, that's surely disadvantage to students who couldn't perform due to some health or genuine reasons. I would say try companies who have criteria of 55% or some companies which do not take 12 marks into consideration!. You could always try continuing studying further to get your m.tech or even Ph.d
    I had left with only that option,choosing a IT firm that consider my academic profile....Anyways,thanks Bro
  • debadipta nayak
    debadipta nayak
    yes it is very quite unfair for student who score less mark for there heath issue...company should change there hiring style..please sir..those who are the mentor of this website file a case on those company or give fair to those suffer student..this is also the main reason why student are commoting suicide due to less mark in most of the case is 12th class...and the not getting job even they are extraodinary talented
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We understand the plight of students, but there's very little chance that the companies will take note of these requirements. They recruit on mass level and they almost always find way huge number of applicants who fit in their eligibility criteria. Therefore, companies (especially MNCs) don't feel the need to make changes to their current recruitment process. I think it's not fair if students start committing suicide for not getting jobs. There are tens of other opportunities if one only wishes to explore.

Even then, since you feel that the system should change, you can sign this online petition organised by Change.org -

Remove the 60% throughout criteria to all the freshers seeking job.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It has been signed by more than 500 people.
  • naman rawal
    naman rawal
    actually i got 49.4% in 10th and 79% in12th boards.65% in graduation. but most of the companies criteria says that you must have 60% throughout then only you are eligible in any it company ! does my 10th class marks really matters in this situation?
  • Anurag .v
    Anurag .v
    naman rawal
    actually i got 49.4% in 10th and 79% in12th boards.65% in graduation. but most of the companies criteria says that you must have 60% throughout then only you are eligible in any it company ! does my 10th class marks really matters in this situation?
    Dude,it is difficult to get a job in a top mnc's...better you try startup companies that don't care about %.....once you're in ,make sure that you work there for year or more,and then try for Top Mnc's....All the best for your future,even I will use this strategy from now on....
  • sonam panda
    sonam panda
    mam i have secured 69%in 10th,54% in +2 and 67% in graduation(Bsc computer science hons.)and presently i am pursuing mca in a reputed college by clicking entrance.its my 1st year.today i have seen the placement notice in my college and most of the companies like infosys,accenture are demanding 60% minimum eligibility criteria.
    so i am damn worried that whether i will get a job in any mnc company or not.i am really focusing in programming languages like c,c++,java,oracle etc..but will the intelligence and true knowledge will be given preference or it will be hide behind this 60%criteria bar????i so want to join in mnc like intel,google,microsoft,apple...please do reply....
    thanksss......
  • sonam panda
    sonam panda
    mam i have secured 69%in 10th,54% in +2 and 67% in graduation(Bsc computer science hons.)and presently i am pursuing mca in a reputed college by clicking entrance.its my 1st year.today i have seen the placement notice in my college and most of the companies like infosys,accenture are demanding 60% minimum eligibility criteria.
    so i am damn worried that whether i will get a job in any mnc company or not.i am really focusing in programming languages like c,c++,java,oracle etc..but will the intelligence and true knowledge will be given preference or it will be hide behind this 60%criteria bar????i so want to join in mnc like intel,google,microsoft,apple...please do reply....
    thanksss.....
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    sonam panda
    i have seen the placement notice in my college and most of the companies like infosys,accenture are demanding 60% minimum eligibility criteria.
    thanksss.....
    Do you believe the founders of microsoft, apple, facebook, who didn't completed their college, give any damn about 60% of a candidate marks?
    Please spend an hour and read the post in this thread. You will get the clear picture.
  • sonam panda
    sonam panda
    thanks a lot anoop for making making me feel bit relaxed and get back my lost confidence.now i surely need to bug up and concentrate in excelling over the subject rather then running behind marks....
    thanks!!
  • sahil angra
    sahil angra
    Well, according to you mam/sir,which company do you think is the best for freshers?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    sahil angra
    Well, according to you mam/sir,which company do you think is the best for freshers?
    The company in which you can learn most (Technical, process, professionalism) and pay you enough at least to survive for initial days.
    After few month or a year, its completely depends on you, whether you can put yourself in situation to get the salary + work you want.
  • sahil angra
    sahil angra
    Anoop Kumar
    The company in which you can learn most (Technical, process, professionalize) and pay you enough at least to survive for initial days.
    After few month or a year, its completely depends on you, whether you can put yourself in situation to get the salary + work you want.
    Could you name a few?
  • Jay Vadera
    Jay Vadera
    Ankita Katdare

• MindTree
    • Infosys
    • Accenture
    • Amazon
    • HCL
    • IBM
    • Wipro
    Hello I am student of Pune university pursuing final year of computer engineering from sinhgad institute my aggregate is 62.68% (3 years), my 10th% is 72.31 and 12 th is 54%
    Due to 12th% I am not getting eligible for any companies which have come so far out of which some where
    Infosys
    Mindtree
    accenture
    persistent
    cognizant
    lnt
    so i wanted to know is there any other way to get into this company because you did mentioned that this company doesn't require 10th and 12th marks
  • sahil angra
    sahil angra
    Jay Vadera
    Hello I am student of Pune university pursuing final year of computer engineering from sinhgad institute my aggregate is 62.68% (3 years), my 10th% is 72.31 and 12 th is 54%
    Due to 12th% I am not getting eligible for any companies which have come so far out of which some where
    Infosys
    Mindtree
    accenture
    persistent
    cognizant
    lnt
    so i wanted to know is there any other way to get into this company because you did mentioned that this company doesn't require 10th and 12th marks
    You could always try talking to recruiting companies HR manager or the guy incharge. i have heard that if requested , they would try and allow you take up the interview.try off campus or start off with a low end company which doesn't give any heed to 12th!.
    BTW could you tell me the criteria for the companies you mentioned above?
  • Jay Vadera
    Jay Vadera
    sahil angra
    You could always try talking to recruiting companies HR manager or the guy incharge. i have heard that if requested , they would try and allow you take up the interview.try off campus or start off with a low end company which doesn't give any heed to 12th!.
    BTW could you tell me the criteria for the companies you mentioned above?
    INFOSYS- 58% aggregate 60% 10th &12th
    accenture-55% throughout in 10th ,12th and BE aggregate
    cognizant-60% throughout
    mindtree haven't come yet but its going to come with 60% criteria
    persistent-60%
    lnt 60% with 4 kt(kt's are allowed but they won't consider 12th % even if you have first class throughout every sem)
    and thanks for looking into my query and i would like to say I did tried talking to this guys but it didn't go well can you tell me what exactly is procedure for off campus?
  • Sayantan Nandy
    Sayantan Nandy
    Hello mam,
    I have secured 63.5% in Secondary in the year 2008. After that I appeared for the senior secondary, but due to some health related problem, i failed two times. After that I joined for Diploma in Computer Science(Polytechnic) and secured overall 79.8%. Then I ranked 16(Trade) rank in JELET, and took admission in KALYANI GOVERMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE for B.Tech in CSE, presently I am in the 3rd year.
    But the 3 years of gap in my studies, will not allow me to appear in the College campusing. So what can I do?

Looking forward to your reply.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I am a diploma student as well. I did it straight after my 10th boards. A friend of mine, like you, took admission in Diploma after not getting good scores in 12th. So he thought he wasted 2 years of his career and would not get a job. Sadly for him, he later went to a really low-grade B.E. engineering college and didn't even score 60% in engineering. He later went on to do M.Tech and got hired by an IT MNC.
    I guess at M.Tech level, they didn't consider his past scores. I am just guessing here, but that's a real story.

If you aren't thinking about post graduation, you can may be go for a smaller company, take work experience and then hop to a bigger company.
  • Anirudh Anand
    Anirudh Anand
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We understand the plight of students, but there's very little chance that the companies will take note of these requirements. They recruit on mass level and they almost always find way huge number of applicants who fit in their eligibility criteria. Therefore, companies (especially MNCs) don't feel the need to make changes to their current recruitment process. I think it's not fair if students start committing suicide for not getting jobs. There are tens of other opportunities if one only wishes to explore.

Even then, since you feel that the system should change, you can sign this online petition organised by Change.org -

#-Link-Snipped-#
    That petition has been closed.. :-(
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# And there's little or no chance that it would make the companies change their criteria.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    There are some companies who recruit with 55% aggregate or 58% aggregate. Some companies also let you sit for the campus test & interview rounds if you have 1 backlog.
    ^ I think that's quite generous on their part.
  • Priya Hariharan
    Priya Hariharan
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Im sorry to say but Wipro also is asking for an aggregate 60% of your gpa that includes 1st 4 sems if you're a T.Y Bsc.I.T or Bsc comp sci student that is yet to appear for boards..
  • priti naik
    priti naik
    i have 68% in 10 th and 52% in +2 ,can i placed in a reputed company
  • ravulaanoopkumar
    ravulaanoopkumar
    i have 61% in b.tech , 57% in +2 and 52 in 10th and also i have four years gap after graduation. so do i have any chance of getting software job??
  • ravulaanoopkumar
    ravulaanoopkumar
    i have 61% in b.tech, 57% in +2 and 52% in 10th. and also i have 4 years gap after graduation. so do i have any chance to get software job??? and i have good knowledge in java.
  • vignesh.upen91
    vignesh.upen91
    hello mam,
    this is vignesh.i am done MCA with 73%(2015 passout fresher), B.sc 70%,10th 70.4% but i was lagged in HSC(+2) 55% only i got.my interest in java,oracleDB,so i am currently doing certifiction on that technologies.i have fear about my career .pls help to solve this.any suggestions for my career?any companies accept me?
  • vignesh.upen91
    vignesh.upen91
    hello mam,
    this is vignesh.i am done MCA(2012-2015batch) with 73%(2015 passout fresher), B.sc 70%,in 10th i got 70.4% but i was lagged in HSC(+2) 55% only i got ,i had a education gap on during 2011-2012 because of financial issue .my interest in java,oracleDB,so i am currently doing certifiction on that technologies.i have fear about my career .pls help to solve this.any suggestions for my career?any companies accept me?
  • Manjushree Chakraborty
    Manjushree Chakraborty
    I am pursuing M.Sc in CS(computer and information science).I have 75.5% in 10th,59.857 in 12th and 54.8 in B.Sc,having backlog 1 year.but all the companies are hiring of minimum 60% in graduation.So can you please tell me about any company,where i can apply??
  • sahil angra
    sahil angra
    Should a fresher go for a training like company which usually pays comparatively less salary , or a company that pays good/above average salary?
  • Ramesh2015
    Ramesh2015
    Anurag .v
    I had left with only that option,choosing a IT firm that consider my academic profile....Anyways,thanks Bro
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Eligibility for pursuing engineering course is ranging from 40 % to 55 % of marks, which attracts student to undergo engineering degrees. I feel that, those who have scored less than 60 % marks in SSLC, HSC should not pursue engineering degree after investing huge money. At the same time colleges are also strictly not admit those poorly performed students in SSLC and HSC. All engineering colleges should put a board in the entrance that placement from this college will be encouraged only for those who have more than 60 % in SSLC, HSC.

This will reduce huge financial burden among the students and parents and waste of glorious timing spent on studies. Students can choose their own other path to excel in their career.

Added to that, with great struggle students completes their engineering degree with more than 60 % of marks, but the funniest MNC and private companies in the name of filtering process insist on more than 60 % right from 6th, 7th, 8th and up to 12th standard. Why do they need such way to filter the meritorious and skilled candidate? What they need is highest degree and candidate performance in the interview process. Do you think, those score less than 60 % are not fools or discarded people.

It is really pained to see engineering graduates who have obtained less than 60 % of marks in their SSLC, HSC and more than 60 % of marks in their final engineering degree does not meet their aspiration to enter into IT field as per MNC and private filtering process. Finally they land into poorly paid jobs.

So, I request all colleges stop admitting those who scored less marks in SSLC and HSC and keep an awareness board in your premises about placement policies.
  • R krishna murthy chunduri
    R krishna murthy chunduri
    sir/madam please provide some valuable opinion in getting a job in mnc. I am having technical knowledge in c language and iam a hard worker .I have a academic percentage of 67%.so please set a path for my placement purpose.Iam ready to work in startups also for gaining experience.Thanks in advance
  • shruthi k gowda
    shruthi k gowda
    Sir i have 86 & 69 in 10 &10+2 but 59 in B.tech ECE can i get job in HCL,also suggest the companies which recruit below 60 & i am doing VLSI-RN coarse which is in authorized institute banglore
  • shruthi k gowda
    shruthi k gowda
    Hi i have 86 & 69 in 10 & 10+2 level but i have 59 in B.tech ECE also doing VLSI-RN coarse which is front end vlsi designing,can i get the job in HCL also suggest me the companies recruites less than 60%
  • shruthi k gowda
    shruthi k gowda
    Sir i have 86 & 69 in 10 & 10+2 level but i got 59 in B.tech ECE ,am doing VLSN-RN coarse which is front end vlsi designing can i get job in HCL,also suggest me the other companies which hiring below 60%
  • justsourabh jain
    justsourabh jain
    Hello sir I am very much worry about the job because I got 59% & 49% in 10 & 12th class, & fainaly I'll complete my B.E above then 60% in 2016 ,I keen desired to join an MNC co. How can I get chance to interview in these I am confident that I cross all rounds but the problem is only about the criteria of 60% reply me first am I have to go in bangalore or pune
  • sgulab
    sgulab
    Any body can be tell me that my Education 2 year Gap After 12th but i got 10th 75% marks and 12th 72% and B.tech 70% please help me out
  • sgulab
    sgulab
    can i apply for any mnc's company please tell me my education 2year gap after 12th but i got 75% in 10th and 12th 72% marks and b.tech 70%
  • suraj.M
    suraj.M
    Sir,i am 25 year old from Pondicherry, i have secured 52% in matriculation because i have concentrated on sports, attend 2 nationals before one month of exam , so i can't able to get a good percentage .. i joined diploma in Information Technology and i secured 88.54%. I finished my B.Tech in Information Technology with 7.34 CGPA and now am pursuing M.Tech in Networking and Internet Engineering at pondicherry university, am going to complete it at coming 2016 th may... sir ..can i get placed in MNC's sir.....
  • suraj.M
    suraj.M
    Sir,i am 25 year old from Pondicherry, i have secured 52% in matriculation because i have concentrated on sports, attend 2 nationals before one month of exam , so i can't able to get a good percentage .. i joined diploma in Information Technology and i secured 88.54%. I finished my B.Tech in Information Technology with 7.34 CGPA and now am pursuing M.Tech in Networking and Internet Engineering at pondicherry university, am going to complete it at coming 2016 th may... sir ..can i get placed in MNC's sir.....
  • Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# mam and sir!! Any advice on how to prepare for aptitude other then books like rs Agarwal!! aptitude is the only round which daunts me !!!😲😲
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    ceeparseti
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# mam and sir!! Any advice on how to prepare for aptitude other then books like rs Agarwal!! aptitude is the only round which daunts me !!!😲😲
    See this: Brilliant | Learn interactively
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    tnq sir!!!
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Hi,
    I'm B.Tech CSE batch 2011-2015 Fresher , My B.tech aggregate percentage is 59.8% 😔 but final year i.e. 4th year is 72% , I've seen eligibility criteria of many services based companies like TCS,IBM,Cogizant etc and found out they have min. 60% Eligibity criteria to sit for offsite placement .
    On top of that I do have only 1 backlog exam which i'll give in may 2016 rest everything is clear , though i have filled the form of rechecking and hope it'll clear and result will be out in 3 months or so.

So can you please help me by guiding me which services based MNC can hire me even with 1 backlog which i can clear easlily by may 2016 as there would be 6 months training program anyway before real job starts .

OR you can guide me where i can apply where i can get job as I am not able to find any one from past 3-4 months.
    I'm real frustrated even though I'm tech geek and passionate about technology , whose all path to job has been delayed by this 1 stupid backlog.
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    chill bud!!!
    even m from the same batch ..n u know what?/ we have a option to omit any two non core subjects ...lemme know what is the backlog subject ??
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    coolsharma.r
    Hi,
    I'm B.Tech CSE batch 2011-2015 Fresher , My B.tech aggregate percentage is 59.8% 😔 but final year i.e. 4th year is 72% , I've seen eligibility criteria of many services based companies like TCS,IBM,Cogizant etc and found out they have min. 60% Eligibity criteria to sit for offsite placement .
    On top of that I do have only 1 backlog exam which i'll give in may 2016 rest everything is clear , though i have filled the form of rechecking and hope it'll clear and result will be out in 3 months or so.

So can you please help me by guiding me which services based MNC can hire me even with 1 backlog which i can clear easlily by may 2016 as there would be 6 months training program anyway before real job starts .

OR you can guide me where i can apply where i can get job as I am not able to find any one from past 3-4 months.
    I'm real frustrated even though I'm tech geek and passionate about technology , whose all path to job has been delayed by this 1 stupid backlog.
    chill bud!!!
    even m from the same batch ..n u know what?/ we have a option to omit any two non core subjects ...lemme know what is the backlog subject ??
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    ceeparseti
    chill bud!!!
    You sure to omit ? Heard this for first time.. I'm from mdu university so can you confirm it again ?
    Well the sub is badass actually mathematics-2 , my university likes to give mass backlog in this subject and unfortunately I'm part of this.
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    coolsharma.r
    You sure to omit ? Heard this for first time.. I'm from mdu university so can you confirm it again ?
    Well the sub is badass actually mathematics-2 , my university likes to give mass backlog in this subject and unfortunately I'm part of this.
    well dude !!! I am from jntuh and we do have an option for omitting any two subjects(non core) after completion of all the sem's...and usually if a student is pending with any backlog usually they omit them(iff it is a non core..its done automatically) and round off the total marks excluding those two sub's.I hope you aren't from hyderabad....and if ur are pretty much a tech savvy .......there are few small scale companies in hyd for which u can give a try its always better for a fresher to work in start up's ..all the best!!!
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    ceeparseti
    well dude !!! I am from jntuh and we do have an option for omitting any two subjects(non core) after completion of all the sem's...and usually if a student is pending with any backlog usually they omit them(iff it is a non core..its done automatically) and round off the total marks excluding those two sub's.I hope you aren't from hyderabad....and if ur are pretty much a tech savvy .......there are few small scale companies in hyd for which u can give a try its always better for a fresher to work in start up's ..all the best!!!
    Well my university doesn't have any rule like that.. And yeah I'm trying in startup, but they already need experienced and knowledgeable person and i don't have time preparing for above that's why need a job in services based companies as they'll give training on their own but couldn't find Any companies in which i can appear even with 59.8% aggregate %
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Please anybody give advice to my problem.
    Can i get job if apply with employee referral ?

It was my ques BTW:-
    "Hi,

I'm real frustrated even though I'm tech geek and passionate about technology , whose all path to job has been delayed by this 1 stupid backlog."
  • Bhavna k
    Bhavna k
    Mam but small it companies are not hiring Freshers. And in any case if they hire, they only recruit experienced candidates..and the option a fresher is left with is to wait for an opportunity from MNC, but there the worrying thing is percentage..
  • Bhavna k
    Bhavna k
    But mam small it companies are not hiring freshers. And If they hire they recruit only experienced candidates. The choice for a fresher is left is to wait for an opportunity from an MNC, and whey that arrives the percentage act as a barrier for these fresher's.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Bhavna k
    But mam small it companies are not hiring freshers. And If they hire they recruit only experienced candidates. The choice for a fresher is left is to wait for an opportunity from an MNC, and whey that arrives the percentage act as a barrier for these fresher's.
    Yeah that's the problem.. That's why asking here for some guidance
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    coolsharma.r
    Yeah that's the problem.. That's why asking here for some guidance
    May i know your aggregate firstly and the branch u come from???
    Bhavna k
  • Bhavna k
    Bhavna k
    In B.tech I have scored 74% and in 12th 57.7% and 67% in 10th and my branch is comp.sci..
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    ceeparseti

I'm B.Tech CSE batch 2011-2015 Fresher , My B.tech aggregate percentage is 59.8% but final year i.e. 4th year is 72% , 10th -75% , 12th-61%
    You see every eligibility of min 60% is completed , it's just btech aggregate 59.8% short of just 0.2% , i wish of these services based company can give some relaxation for 0.2% as every eligibility is completed.
  • Shoaib Belim
    Shoaib Belim
    #-Link-Snipped-# Katdare: Ma'am, the list of companies you mentioned do have eligibility criteria of having 60-65+ percentage throughout. Can you please tell how can a person with weak 10th/12th score can apply in such companies?
  • Shoaib Belim
    Shoaib Belim
    Ankita Katdare

• MindTree
    • Infosys
    • Accenture
    • Amazon
    • HCL
    • IBM
    • Wipro
    Ma'am, the list of the companies you mentioned do have an eligibility criteria of 60-65+ percentage throughout (for fresher candidate). If not, then can you please tell as to how can one appear for such companies?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It totally depends on the company's requirement in that particular recruitment period. See, a company gets freshers on board whenever they have a project coming up. The project's requirement can be different. Sometimes, they are looking for particular skills aka PHP, Java or Dot Net etc. So, if someone with the relevant certification turns up and they dont want to look for minimum qualifications or percentage, they waive off the 60% criteria. You will need to be on constant lookout for this. It won't happen all year round. Apart from them, if you dont want to stay idle while looking for a job at an MNC, you can join startup or do freelance work to keep learning + earning.
  • Shoaib Belim
    Shoaib Belim
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It totally depends on the company's requirement in that particular recruitment period. See, a company gets freshers on board whenever they have a project coming up. The project's requirement can be different. Sometimes, they are looking for particular skills aka PHP, Java or Dot Net etc. So, if someone with the relevant certification turns up and they dont want to look for minimum qualifications or percentage, they waive off the 60% criteria. You will need to be on constant lookout for this. It won't happen all year round. Apart from them, if you dont want to stay idle while looking for a job at an MNC, you can join startup or do freelance work to keep learning + earning.
    How does a walk-in interview takes place? I mean what is the whole process, if you can tell.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Generally walk-ins are city specific. So, TCS in Bangalore will have walk-ins for applicants from that city. The company initially puts out an ad through online portal or newspaper or both. They share important details like eligibility criteria and nature of job and anyone who fits in that can walk in to their office and face the interview round.
  • Sayantan Nandy
    Sayantan Nandy
    I have 60% in 10th, after that I have joined Polytechnic after 3years of my 10th, and currently I am pursuing B.Tech from Kalyani Government Engineering College, West Bengal.
    I have failed my H.S 2 times, due to some serious health problm. Every companies are allowing ony 1 year gap. What can I do??
  • Shoaib Belim
    Shoaib Belim
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Generally walk-ins are city specific. So, TCS in Bangalore will have walk-ins for applicants from that city. The company initially puts out an ad through online portal or newspaper or both. They share important details like eligibility criteria and nature of job and anyone who fits in that can walk in to their office and face the interview round.
    And what about people other cities? are they eligible or not? also can you tell about verified/reliable online source or portal where one can get news about such events because there are many portals which are deceptive.
  • Jayesh001
    Jayesh001
    me too got 57% in 10th and 68% in 12th and same in graduation,now i m in bangalore and searching for a job,but most of the companies are only selecting candidates of 60%,now we are little bit worrying about this!
  • harib
    harib
    Hi, happy to see this thread. Got a quick question. I have 90% in 10th and 12th😁. But I have 57% in my college 😭. Din't get place in any MNC's. Tried a small company and Im here in this company for the past 2.5 years. Now am I eligible for MNC's? I keep on trying for the MNC's but they are rejecting my request😔. Any advice on this is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • harib
    harib
    Jayesh001
    me too got 57% in 10th and 68% in 12th and same in graduation,now i m in bangalore and searching for a job,but most of the companies are only selecting candidates of 60%,now we are little bit worrying about this!
    Are you a fresher?
  • Jayesh001
    Jayesh001
    Yes m a fresher!
  • Jayesh001
    Jayesh001
    harib
    Are you a fresher?
    Yes m fresher,2015 passout
  • Divtej
    Divtej
    I have 58 in 10th 71 in inter 73 in btech ami eligible for any mnc's may i know the list of companies whichi relavent to my % criteria??
  • Meghnath Das
    Meghnath Das
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of students are sending us messages asking about companies that accept applications if the students have less than 60% aggregate in final year or all four years of engineering. It seems that it has become a norm for all companies coming for campus recruitment to put up an eligibility criteria of minimum 60%. Some companies go a step forward and demand more than 60 % throughout in 10th and 12th boards and even in the 4-year B.E or B.Tech course.
    Though it might seem unfair for the students who got less marks due to some serious health issues or dropping out due to personal problems, that's how it is for most companies.

Now, CrazyEngineers is flooded with queries such as these:

I'm 27 years old. I got 67% in 10th and 50.4% in 12th this year. Now I am working at PWC in third party payroll. May I can be a permanent employee of PWC or any other MNC? What should be my future plan?

You get the gist. There are many students worried about campus placements right from their 1st year in an engineering college. A lot of co-students, seniors, relatives and even some online forums seem to be spreading rumours about you not being eligible in any company. I have read questions from engineering students, where they regret taking admission in engineering even after scoring good in B.E. or B.Tech because of the fear of not being eligible for campus placements on account of poor grads in 10th or 12th board exams.

Well, here's the truth: Percentage, scores and aggregates don't matter.

Most MNCs and other IT companies do not care about 60% eligibility criteria. (at least not in your 10th or 12th boards). Though it is true that eligibility criterion varies every year from college to college depending upon the requirement of the job, over the last few years most popular companies have recruited students who have less than 60% (and even less than 50% in some cases). Names of these tech giants includes - TCS, Cognizant, Wipro, Siemens, TechMahindra, Convergys, Zensar, Accenture, HP, HCL, Dell, Lenovo etc. There are many other IT companies whose names you might not have heard yet.

Now comes the part where you get to sit for campus placements or not. You might get and might not, but then there are walk-ins going on year round in most tech & IT service companies. Many of them do not give any weightage to SSC and HSC scores.

Pro Tip: A fresher will always get better work exposure in a small IT company. It is advisable to learn as much as you can in a small company for initial 2-3 years and then plan to join a MNC. The reason being that you will get a chance to reach a higher position very quickly in a small company as excellent performance gets noticed very easily over there. However, due to extreme competition, it is not easy to climb up the organisational hierarchy in a MNC.

In any company, there are certain skills that the recruiters demand from every job applicant. Here are the top ones:
    1. Ability to communicate well.
    2. Good aptitude skills. (to determine your analytical & reasoning skills)
    3. Basic knowledge of at least one technology.

My suggestion is to stop bothering about your SSC and 10+2 marks and percentage and concentrate on improving your communication and aptitude skills. Find a subject you love in your curriculum and become better at it when you have free time on your hands during college. If you have the skills, the recruiters will definitely spot the talent.

If you have any queries regarding this, please ask in replies below.
    I request fellow engineers to share their experiences and add suggestions to make this useful for engineering students.
  • friendlybhaavana
    friendlybhaavana
    mam can u please give me a suggestion for improving communication skills.common ways of practic speaking with neighbours,reading newspapers areineffective for me to practice as there are no suh fluent english speaking neighbours for me to talk so iam unable to improve my skill especially in expressing my opinion during interviews
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    friendlybhaavana
    mam can u please give me a suggestion for improving communication skills.common ways of practic speaking with neighbours,reading newspapers areineffective for me to practice as there are no suh fluent english speaking neighbours for me to talk so iam unable to improve my skill especially in expressing my opinion during interviews
    Hey do you mind telling from where
    Are you and what ageare you studying from which college as it'll better idea of your background for English
  • Karthik Muttinpendimath
    Karthik Muttinpendimath
    Hello.. In my SSLC i ve scord 78% and due to personal problem i was able to score only 45% in my puc. Now im in final year of B.Sc with aggerate of 78+ in all sems without blacklogs. So after B.Sc im planning to join MCA. Will i able to do job in MNC's after MCA?
  • Karthik Muttinpendimath
    Karthik Muttinpendimath
    Hello.. I ve scored 78% in SSLC karnataka Board and due to personal problem i ve scored only 45% in puc.. And now im doing B.Sc final year with aggreate of 78+ So next im plannin to join MCA. Wil i be able to join MCA and get good job later?
  • Shubham Jaitly
    Shubham Jaitly
    I'm a BCA 2nd year student and basically i want to know that what are the opportunities of mine of getting a job in a good company after my bachelor's. As MCA is considered at the same level of B.Tech. So, do i really need to do MCA or can i achieve some good goals after my graduation.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shubham Jaitly
    As MCA is considered at the same level of B.Tech. So, do i really need to do MCA or can i achieve some good goals after my graduation.
    Totally depends on what the recruiting companies want. It's not like you've to get your perfect job in the first shot. You start somewhere and keep growing. The degree only helps with your first job and after that, it's totally irrelevant.
  • Rahul Chandurkar
    Rahul Chandurkar
    I got 80 in ssc, 49.33 in hsc and 56% in BE upto 7th sem. Will i get a better job & what i have to do for that?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Rahul Chandurkar
    I got 80 in ssc, 49.33 in hsc and 56% in BE upto 7th sem. Will i get a better job & what i have to do for that?
    Not sure what you mean by 'better job' here, but do understand that for increasing your chances of getting placed you really need to build a good portfolio. Learn top skills and practice them a lot. As a CS student, if you are interested in Database, or Networking or Programming or some OS, really get into the depths of that particular subject. Read all you can about that topic. You don't need to be jack of all trades. You need to be an expert in one subject. That's how you get hired. Make your CV or Resume irresistible for the employer. You can outshine others in a campus placement drive or a simple walk-in at a company, by highlighting your skills in the form of actual work that you've done. Take up freelance projects (literally build stuff for free). Create a software or a web app or a service on your own and put its demo on the web. Become excellent at any of the skills and then go looking for jobs in that particular domain. You are sure to get the best jobs in town.
  • Debasis Adhikari
    Debasis Adhikari
    Hello Sir/Madam,
    I scored 49.7% in ICSE & 54.14 in ISC. My semester marks of B.Tech of WBUT in Electrical Engineering are 6.96, 7.10, 7.11, 7.18, 7.46, 7.54 respectively of six semesters..
    Which companies I should apply so that there is a possibility to get the job?
    Please reply.................
  • LUCKY_77
    LUCKY_77
    Hello ,
    Im doin b.tech in Electronics and Communication . My aggregate marks till 7th sem is 55% , i want to enter in the private sector , what should i do ?????
    As my percentage is low , will this matter ? and what are the solutions to overcome that
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    Folks!!! Many other members in the communtiy already mentioned numerous times that % doesn't matter...u need to have a specific skills if u need to land in software field .....juzz for information I would like to repeat again that most companies require a min aggregate of 60% as eligibility criteria and pple who are having less then 60% also need not worry ...juzz come up with a new innovative project and show up ur skills to companies there are many companies small scale leveled who can still hire pple with less then 50% also..and if u ask me I'd always say its better to work for small companies. As it provides more better and rich experience when compared to mncs..tnq!!! Happy coding!!!
  • Santosh J
    Santosh J
    I Santosh Jadhav having 10th- 65.73 & 12th- 49.83 and BE degree 60% having 5.4 years of exp in Networking will i eligible for MNC Companies Like TCS Wipro Capgemini etc....please reply
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Santosh J
    I Santosh Jadhav having 10th- 65.73 & 12th- 49.83 and BE degree 60% having 5.4 years of exp in Networking will i eligible for MNC Companies Like TCS Wipro Capgemini etc....please reply
    During lateral hiring, the companies dont usually look for your 12th percentage. You said that you have an experience of more than 5 years in networking. So, that's a great thing. You need to highlight all the skills you have, all the tools/software/hardware you know and have worked on in your CV and apply for the MNCs. They will definitely have some good positions for you. All the best.
  • Prashant37
    Prashant37
    I have 70+ aggregate in my 10th and 12th but my graduation aggregate as of now(5th sem CSE) is 55 . Do i have any chances of getting placed in the 7th sem if my aggregate remains below 60
  • Prashant37
    Prashant37
    I have 70+ aggregate in my 10th and 12th but my graduation aggregate as of now(5th sem CSE) is 55 . Do i have any chances of getting placed in the 7th sem if my aggregate remains below 60 .
    I do not have any other problems other than the aggregate.
  • Sayantan karmakar
    Sayantan karmakar
    I m having 9.00 cgpa in 10th n 59.78 % in 12th ...n in b.tech I have below 60% ... will I get a job in any IT farm ...
    Currently in 3rd yr 6th sem running ...
    Please reply ASAP ....
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Sayantan karmakar
    Please reply ASAP ....
    Do you understand what you mean by this? Are you requesting or giving order☕

If you go through the last 7 pages of this thread. Quite possible that you will get the answer and what should be your future steps in getting the job. There is quite a chance that you may find trouble in getting interview calls and in interviews too, you to prove, why are you far better than people with good grades.

Spoiler: for Sayantan karmakar
  • Palash Chatterji
    Palash Chatterji
    sir/mam, I am having my graduation less than 60% in instrumentation engg. I have checked psu's eligibility criteria in which I dont get any place but apart from that do I have any chance to get recruitment in core industries(power, aluminium, steel etc) because at this position too I am not intersested in IT industries. Is there any hope for getting job in production or heavy industies... Please clear this doubt of mine...
  • Palash Chatterji
    Palash Chatterji
    sir/mam, I have completed my BE with less than 60% in instrumentation engg. I have gone through many psu's website where, there eligibility criteria is greater than 60-65%. I want to know is there any hope for getting job in production based core(power, aluminium,steel etc) or heavy industries to get recruited. At present I am not interested to get recruited in IT company. Please give your suggestion for this and make it clear.
  • Rushikesh92
    Rushikesh92
    Sir, I have 84% in 10th, 66% in 12th, at present, I am doing my B.E final sem in ECE with 53%.
    I am very much worried about my placements.All companies are asking for 60% in B.E and I am not eligible. Can you, please suggest me what should I do next or which companies to apply?
    Thank you
  • Rushikesh92
    Rushikesh92
    Sir, I have 84% in 10th, 66% in 12th, at present, I am doing my B.E final sem in ECE with 53% .
    I am very much worried about my placements.All companies are asking for 60% in B.E and I am not eligible. Can you, please suggest me what should I do next or which companies to apply?
    Thank you
  • ravulaanoopkumar
    ravulaanoopkumar
    what about the gap after education...i hav passed in 2011..do i have chance to get in IT sector?
  • chetan salvi
    chetan salvi
    please tell me the name which company criteria is below 50% in 12 th
  • chetan salvi
    chetan salvi
    tell me the name which IT company crieteria is below 50% in 12 th
  • nivedhajaykumar
    nivedhajaykumar
    Hi frnds i'm nia form tamilnadu i have 80% in 10th and collage but i have only 56% in 12th some of the company come for campus but they all ask for 60% and above so that i cant attend the interview 😔 so plz give me the links or company name that will hire the freshers below 60%
  • nivedhajaykumar
    nivedhajaykumar
    Hi frnds i'm nia from tamilnadu i have 80% in 10th and collage but only 56% in 12th. some of the company come to our collage for campus but they ask 60% and above 10th onwards so that i cant appear for interview😔 so anyone plz give me the links of the company or name of the company that will hire freshers 60% and below thank you.
  • Krishna Parmar
    Krishna Parmar
    i have 83% in 10th and 49% in 12th... and i have joined a good college i m in 3rd yr..
    and my CGPA is 8.3
    i have a question that companies who have eligibility of above 60% throughout when they come my college for placement will be allowed to sit in there placement ???? plzzz reply fast...
  • Krishna Parmar
    Krishna Parmar
    i have 83% in 10th and 49% in 12th... and i have joined a good college i m in 3rd yr..
    and my CGPA is 8.3
    i have a question that companies who have eligibility of above 60% throughout when they come my college for placement will be allowed to sit in there placement ???? plzzz reply fast...
  • Iramma Patil
    Iramma Patil
    I have scored 76.8% in 10th ,66.5% in puc and less than 60% in BE. In which company shall i get job?
  • Shashivendra Singh
    Shashivendra Singh
    sir plz tell me. that i am two year dropper student after 12th. due to this there are lot of problems to get placement in btech in good companies.
  • Shashivendra Singh
    Shashivendra Singh
    sir plz tell me that i am two year dropper after doing my 12th class. due to this there are lot of problems to get placement in btech in good companies.
  • umarani ragavan
    umarani ragavan
    i have 64.4% in 10th and 60% in 12th and 8.88 cgpa in B.tech,so can anyone help me to find out the company which will recruit for above percentage?
  • Vinod Bhargav Arcot
    Vinod Bhargav Arcot
    Sir/madam,My name is Vinod Arcot.I completed my 10 and 10+2 with 91% and 94.2% respectively.But I secured only 59% in my B.tech. While registering to off campus, almost all companies are asking for more than 60% in UG. So,is there any chance to me to get hired in any company.
    Please clarify my doubt as immediately as possible.
  • vaiibhavrock78
    vaiibhavrock78
    NOW I'M GIVING MY FINAL SEM. EXAM. I'M IN BE IT. I'M SURE ABOUT 1 KT IN THIS SEM. MY AGGREGATE IS NOT 60%. I SCORED 90% IN SSC AND 58% IN HSC. I HAVE PARTIAL KNOWLEDGE OF C,JAVA AND HTML LANGUAGE. AND I'M NOT LOOKING FOR FURTHER STUDIES N MBA OR ANYTHING..
    WHAT SHOULD I HAVE TO DO TO GET A JOB? I HAVE LOST ALL MY MOTIVATION. I CAN'T FIND MAY PATH...!! IS THERE ANY CHANCE TO GET A JOB? AND WHICH PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE SHALL I LEARN??
    PLEASE GUIDE ME..
  • vaiibhavrock78
    vaiibhavrock78
    NOW I'M GIVING MY FINAL SEM. EXAM. I'M IN BE IT. I'M SURE ABOUT 1 KT IN THIS SEM. MY AGGREGATE IS NOT 60%. I SCORED 90% IN SSC AND 58% IN HSC. I HAVE PARTIAL KNOWLEDGE OF C,JAVA AND HTML LANGUAGE. AND I'M NOT LOOKING FOR FURTHER STUDIES N MBA OR ANYTHING..
    WHAT SHOULD I HAVE TO DO TO GET A JOB? I HAVE LOST ALL MY MOTIVATION. I CAN'T FIND MAY PATH...!! IS THERE ANY CHANCE TO GET A JOB? AND WHICH PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE SHALL I LEARN??
    PLEASE GUIDE ME..
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Vinod Bhargav Arcot
    Sir/madam,My name is Vinod Arcot.I completed my 10 and 10+2 with 91% and 94.2% respectively.But I secured only 59% in my B.tech. While registering to off campus, almost all companies are asking for more than 60% in UG. So,is there any chance to me to get hired in any company.
    Please clarify my doubt as immediately as possible.
    Hey Man, some companies do hire candidates with your percentages as well. Percentages are all filters to cut the number of applying students, that's all.
    I would suggest, wherever you find good opportunity, just grab that, no matter company is MNC CMM Level 5 or not.
    Once you work hard and start possessing unique skill set , or lets say combination of skill sets, and with that suppose you switch, you would be surely entertained.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    vaiibhavrock78
    NOW I'M GIVING MY FINAL SEM. EXAM. I'M IN BE IT. I'M SURE ABOUT 1 KT IN THIS SEM. MY AGGREGATE IS NOT 60%. I SCORED 90% IN SSC AND 58% IN HSC.
    Please read above answer for this.
    vaiibhavrock78
    Students are taking admissions into various institutes to learn various programming languages/technologies. Java and .NET are most common now a days, any x y z institute would be ready to make you learn. I would suggest you start on these as the jobs in these streams are common. There are many other courses like SAP, HADOOP, CCNA stuffs, I would suggest to make a research about these.
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Thoughts please?
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Krishna Parmar
    and my CGPA is 8.3
    Some companies in the college placements do not see these eligibility criteria. Good luck buddy.
  • Arpit Saini
    Arpit Saini
    Sir/Madam,
    I am Arpit, i am have completed my m.tech in communication systems from R.V college of engineering 2016 with 65%. But i am getting difficulty getting a job due to my b.tech marks which is less than 60%. What should i do get a good job in my field?
    I am thinking to join one institute which provides certification course on embedded systems. Will it benefit me ? kindly answer..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Arpit Saini
    I am thinking to join one institute which provides certification course on embedded systems.
    A certification always helps. Go for a course that you are interested in. Talk to the friends in the IT or Electronics industry, who are having a job that you dream of. Ask them about vacancies and what kind of work freshers do. It is important to build your skill set. Once you have certifications, don't stop there. Start doing projects of your own. Register yourself on freelancer websites and offer technical help.
    In short, build a strong technical portfolio and next time there's a vacancy, the employer wont be able to resist you. There are a lot of institutes that offer placement help.
    Academic records < technical skills.
    Always remember that.
  • vaiibhavrock78
    vaiibhavrock78
    Koushal Patel

Students are taking admissions into various institutes to learn various programming languages/technologies. Java and .NET are most common now a days, any x y z institute would be ready to make you learn. I would suggest you start on these as the jobs in these streams are common. There are many other courses like SAP, HADOOP, CCNA stuffs, I would suggest to make a research about these.
    thank you so much for giving me a path
    Koushal Patel

.. thank you so much.. 😀
  • avinash1981302
    avinash1981302
    hello,my 10 th score is 83% and 12 th is also 83%,but btech is 55%,and luckily i got placed in hcl off campus in program called tss,my problem is in website it is written like we should require 60% above in btech,at the time of placement they didnt ask resume,but after selection they said they will check educational background at the date of joining,so would my selection letter get cancelled,i m in very need of that job,i dont want to loose it,kindly please give me a solution
  • avinash1981302
    avinash1981302
    hello,my 10 th score is 83% and 12 th is also 83%,but btech is 55%,and luckily i got placed in hcl off campus in program called tss,my problem is in website it is written like we should require 60% above in btech,at the time of placement they didnt ask resume,but after selection they said they will check educational background at the date of joining,so would my selection letter get cancelled,i m in very need of that job,i dont want to loose it,kindly please give me a solution
  • ShubhamSharma1302
    ShubhamSharma1302
    Ankita Katdare
    WIPRO CRITERIA IS 65% FOR FRESHER ENGINEER
  • avinash1981302
    avinash1981302
    ShubhamSharma1302
    WIPRO CRITERIA IS 65% FOR FRESHER ENGINEER
    what?
  • Tanumay Paul
    Tanumay Paul
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of students are sending us messages asking about companies that accept applications if the students have less than 60% aggregate in final year or all four years of engineering. It seems that it has become a norm for all companies coming for campus recruitment to put up an eligibility criteria of minimum 60%. Some companies go a step forward and demand more than 60 % throughout in 10th and 12th boards and even in the 4-year B.E or B.Tech course.
    Though it might seem unfair for the students who got less marks due to some serious health issues or dropping out due to personal problems, that's how it is for most companies.

You get the gist. There are many students worried about campus placements right from their 1st year in an engineering college. A lot of co-students, seniors, relatives and even some online forums seem to be spreading rumours about you not being eligible in any company. I have read questions from engineering students, where they regret taking admission in engineering even after scoring good in B.E. or B.Tech because of the fear of not being eligible for campus placements on account of poor grads in 10th or 12th board exams.

Most MNCs and other IT companies do not care about 60% eligibility criteria. (at least not in your 10th or 12th boards). Though it is true that eligibility criterion varies every year from college to college depending upon the requirement of the job, over the last few years most popular companies have recruited students who have less than 60% (and even less than 50% in some cases). Names of these tech giants includes - TCS, Cognizant, Wipro, Siemens, TechMahindra, Convergys, Zensar, Accenture, HP, HCL, Dell, Lenovo etc. There are many other IT companies whose names you might not have heard yet.

Now comes the part where you get to sit for campus placements or not. You might get and might not, but then there are walk-ins going on year round in most tech & IT service companies. Many of them do not give any weightage to SSC and HSC scores.

Pro Tip: A fresher will always get better work exposure in a small IT company. It is advisable to learn as much as you can in a small company for initial 2-3 years and then plan to join a MNC. The reason being that you will get a chance to reach a higher position very quickly in a small company as excellent performance gets noticed very easily over there. However, due to extreme competition, it is not easy to climb up the organisational hierarchy in a MNC.

In any company, there are certain skills that the recruiters demand from every job applicant. Here are the top ones:

My suggestion is to stop bothering about your SSC and 10+2 marks and percentage and concentrate on improving your communication and aptitude skills. Find a subject you love in your curriculum and become better at it when you have free time on your hands during college. If you have the skills, the recruiters will definitely spot the talent.

I request fellow engineers to share their experiences and add suggestions to make this useful for engineering students.
    Ankita Katdare

Mam,i am a 3rd yr ECE student of jalpaiguri govt engineering college(autnomous),i got 76% in secondary examination with a affiliation of west bengal board ,nd 51% in higher secondary ,my CGPA is 7.34 throughout my 5th sem..There is a 2 years of gap before my hs exam for some personal matter
    .How it will effect in my campusing to get a job? Please help me.
  • abhijeet gorai
    abhijeet gorai
    does company will change their eligibility criteria after 4 years
  • UUtkarsh
    UUtkarsh
    List out some small companies it which are allowing students less then 60% throughout and give good opportunity for fresher.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    abhijeet gorai
    does company will change their eligibility criteria after 4 years
    Your question is not clear. 4 years after what?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    UUtkarsh
    List out some small companies it which are allowing students less then 60% throughout and give good opportunity for fresher.
    You can go through this thread thoroughly. There are many companies which recruit without 60% criteria. There's no list as such for small companies who recruit without that criteria.
    You can try applying to - Amazon, Infosys etc.
    Also, build a strong CV - a creative one where you highlight all your top skills and then apply to all the startups in your area. This way you can secure a job, get on-the-job experience, build skills further and hop to a better job.
  • Sheetal Dhole
    Sheetal Dhole
    Mam i studying in 4th yr (M.U) now.. and i just got yesterday 2live kt..
    Am i eligible for campus recruitment???
    My overall percentage is 60%+ including these live kt.
  • bandi.Aishwarya devi
    bandi.Aishwarya devi
    Sir i have 75% of marks secured in ssc and 12th boards. now am in 4th year of btech in cse with aggregate 56% and am afraid of our eligibility for campus placements and eligibility is for 60% and above. will i be recruited in any good company after completion of my btech?
  • abdul rahman khan
    abdul rahman khan
    Sir i have cleared me semi 7and 8sem but i got two kts in 5and 6,sem respectively my query is that can i sit for non critera company now because my exams will be now on nov dec and result will be on feb i cannot wait so long and if u got selected before my exam and if i am not able to clear in my revial will they give me time till feb to clear the pending sub or i will be sacked please advise im in very much stress
  • abdul rahman khan
    abdul rahman khan
    Sir i have cleared me semi 7and 8sem but i got two kts in 5and 6,sem respectively my query is that can i sit for non critera company now because my exams will be now on nov dec and result will be on feb i cannot wait so long and if u got selected before my exam and if i am not able to clear in my revial will they give me time till feb to clear the pending sub or i will be sacked please advise im in very much stress
  • ric123
    ric123
    hello Sir,
    This is Richa Dubey just compleleting Engineering
    and taking admission in M.tech in ( INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE AND SOFTWARE ENGINEERING)

Sir My question is that my Enginering aggregate is low than 60%............so Campanies are provide Realxtions in percent criteria ?????????????? Please guide me
  • ravitejagnv
    ravitejagnv
    i have 89% in 10th ,82% in 12th and 59 in btech will i get placed in any company if yes can you mention those names
    thank you
  • Dipanwita
    Dipanwita
    IS THE PERCENTAGE IBM wants is based on best of five subjects or all total in case of 12th marks?
  • mohan12
    mohan12
    hii I have just 50 percent in 10th but i have cleared all rounds (apptitude,technical,hr) in interview but HR round result yet to come.. they said after 15days u will get results. and during last round they saw my 10th mark and asked how you got admit card i said i sent a mail to ur company and i got admit card.. then she said ok you go ill see this . but am confused will they reject me with the 10th mark
  • Abhishek Sharma1993
    Abhishek Sharma1993
    i got cdac hyderabad in dac.can u tell me about placement and faculty of cdac hyderabad.

I request fellow engineers to share their experiences and add suggestions to make this useful for engineering students.[/QUOTE]
  • Sneha vanam
    Sneha vanam
    Sir I got 10th 57% and +2 58% but in btech I got 67% I can apply for Amazon company plzzz rply meee
  • Aman Choudhary
    Aman Choudhary
    Sir I had 82℅ in 10th, 63℅ in 12th.
    I am doing Mechanical Engineering from Pune university and my aggregate till third year is 53℅
    So I want to ask if I prepare for aptitude and improve my communication skills will I be able to apply for any company or the criteria of 60℅ in graduation is must.
    Or should I look forward for some courses to improve my resume and do I stand a chance to get a job after doing these other courses.
    It will be a great help to me Sir, looking forward for your reply
  • Swap Supekar
    Swap Supekar
    I hve taken 4 year gap between 11 th and 1w th...i hve secured 57.07 % in 10th...54.7 in 12th...75.88 in fybcs...70.9 in sybcs...i m still studyng tybcs...sooo
    In which company i would be eligible...??
    Plz plz tell me
  • Akshay@1994@Singh
    Akshay@1994@Singh
    Thanks a lot lot lot....thanks a lot more...to build up my confidance...just by reading this post...thanks a lot mam...one can think of trouble it coused during placement bg having 59.60 percent in 12th...
    You will start to hate your 12th self..for getting these marks...with many many valid reasons...
    But those reasons can't cope out the fact...you are unable to sit in thjs company...that takes half of your friends...and you didn't even had a chance to prove yourself..

Well now....going to join CDAC...there also...almost everywhere on internet it is said...you will have less chances than others...

It shakes you to the core...no matter how much you have knowledge in your field....how much you are willing to shape yourself for that field....but those percents ...kill it...time to time...again and again...

Well....but this post helped me a lot ..lot And lotter to rebuild my faith in my knowledge and.....words are not enough...thanks a lot guys...
  • priyanka07
    priyanka07
    maam , i grduated b tech and am placed in tcs...joing will cm aftr 4 months...mean while am preparing fr MBA..i want to be in an product based company..what shold i do....as its has alredy been 2 months since my colg finished..70% btech 80% in 10 and 12?
  • Rama IT Student
    Rama IT Student
    dear mam/sir,
    iam doing B.Tech final year with 6.5 cgpa with 1 arrear. my 10th result is 89% and 12th result is 56% so i am eligible for getting a job.
  • hemam somorjit
    hemam somorjit
    I got 65% in first second and third year but I got 3 backed in 2nd semester will I be able to get companies recruitment
  • ric123
    ric123
    sir
    i have 76 % in 10 and 73% in 12th and diploma is 74% btt in graduation(engineering) is 5.47

so am i egilible for campus placement and how many companies allow me for thier drive???
  • Sharana Basava
    Sharana Basava
    I have done B.Tech (mechanical) with 75%. In 12th I got 80% and in 10th I scored 59.84%. Please let me know if I am eligible for IT&core companies' jobs. Am I eligible for MNC company or non MNC company?
  • amar hiremath
    amar hiremath
    Sir, I have 46% in 10th and 64% in 12th and now i have joined a good college for B.tec(Info. Science Engi) now i am in 3rd year i am sure that i will keep my B.tec aggregate of above 60%, Please let me know if I am eligible for IT companies' jobs. Am I eligible for MNC company or non MNC company? inform me for which companies I can apply?
    PLZ reply ASAP.
  • Sonali samantaray
    Sonali samantaray
    Hii mam it was a great relief reading your article......can I please have ur number. I promise I won't bother u much but just once.....As I read through all d replies ,I have the same problem and even I have checked all the above stated company's criteria none but wipro seems to b the last option....can we have some other option for real
  • rajkr620
    rajkr620
    how much possibility of getting rejected after HR round in zensar ..in hr round minor mistake i did and still i m waiting fr the result
  • Aswathy169
    Aswathy169
    I completed my btech in 2011 with 5.97 cgpa ...i can apply for any mnc companies in bangalore
  • kishore kumar reddy
    kishore kumar reddy
    hi frnds....I got 81% in 10th and 80% in INTER in B.Tech upto 3rd year i got only 56%. I will got get the job in any companies
  • ShubhamSharma1302
    ShubhamSharma1302
    kishore kumar reddy
    hi frnds....I got 81% in 10th and 80% in INTER in B.Tech upto 3rd year i got only 56%. I will got get the job in any companies
    improve english ,you could get a good company
  • ANAND NAGADA
    ANAND NAGADA
    Many MNC's consider 60% or above as there basic criteria its true... But if you knowledge about any technology and you are good enough in that ... then you can start your professional journey from the small companies....and steadily giving constant performance.... you can reach at a peak, which you ever wanted.....
  • ANAND NAGADA
    ANAND NAGADA
    I had one year down with 13 subjects back and 2 orals..I progressed and succesfully completed my grad in 2015... the matter to tell this to you is... failures is just a part of our success towards journey... if we want to make a shot with arrow,, we have to first pull the arrow little back... and then it gets to its aim...
  • Monica Sai Kambala
    Monica Sai Kambala
    Hi. The college that I am doing my btech in is not a top-popular kind of college. I just completed my first year in the department of CS. Will the type of college affect my campus placement? Will it affect my selection if I apply to a company individually??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Monica Sai Kambala
    Will the type of college affect my campus placement? Will it affect my selection if I apply to a company individually??
    It's up to the college authorities to put up their case in front of recruiters and have them conduct campus placements.

The college won't affect your placements much. In the end, all that matters is that you are eligible for the placements and can crack interviews. There's plenty of material available on the site for help with placements.
  • Supratim swain
    Supratim swain
    I scored 73% in 10 ,,48% in +2 so I want to know I study computer engineering ..can +2 mark effect my future job
  • rajesh karched
    rajesh karched
    Hello i got 47% in 10th,78% in Diploma and i am doing B.Tech final year now so my question is in 1oth call i got below 50% so it will be any defect in my carrier like MNC eligibilty for job....
  • ANAND NAGADA
    ANAND NAGADA
    Rajeshkarched
    Hello i got 47% in 10th,78% in Diploma and i am doing B.Tech final year now so my question is in 1oth call i got below 50% so it will be any defect in my carrier like MNC eligibility for job....
    Rajeshkar, thanks for sharing your query. Let me tell you one thing. For sure, most of MNC's Like Infosys, TCS, Wipro looks after it. Its just an eligible criteria to appear for interview. Dont think that it will affect your carrier. its fine that you start your carrier with small company at initial phase, but it will be beneficial for your in your future.
  • ANAND NAGADA
    ANAND NAGADA
    I got one year down in Engineering, started my carrier with an MNC at 1.44LPA and after 11 months got good offer about 150 percent hike. so never think for high at initial...
  • Akarsh kb
    Akarsh kb
    Sir will they consider 2nd attempt marks for calculation of overall aggragate
  • Sabarishraj
    Sabarishraj
    Ankita Katdare

I request fellow engineers to share their experiences and ad
    DEVESH_VERMA
    Ankita Katdare

Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Guys, would love to read your thoughts on the topic.

Mam...I know the java language.I plan to do a one project which is based on Java and web based so I need a idea about that project can u please help me
  • Sabarishraj
    Sabarishraj

Mam...I know the java language.I plan to do a one project which is based on Java and web based so I need a idea about that project can u please help me

• Shwet Saoji
    Shwet Saoji
    Suppose a company has 60% criteria.
    Does this imply aggregate of all 8 semesters or the aggregate which comes on our BE degree(i.e. last two semesters)?
  • Jyoti _SIngh
    Jyoti _SIngh
    Koushal Patel
    This says it all about the issue.
    Sometimes I think, we are stopping many wonderful brains to come up with some beautiful stuffs due to this process of hiring.
    Keep on trying clicking some companies which do not recruits seeing the mark-sheet.
    PS: Anyways, in today's world, mark-sheets do not earn dollars for these IT companies. It is the right-Knowledge-Applied-At-Right-Place, which matters. Hope, companies would change their way to hire the buds.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Shwet Saoji
    Does this imply aggregate of all 8 semesters or the aggregate which comes on our BE degree(i.e. last two semesters)?
    The final degree
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Jyoti _SIngh
    Similar question was asked in thread earlier. But final conclusion
    If you believe the percentage could your problem applying in your favorite company. Please do so.
    For example: Infosys has criteria of 60% throughout. I get call from Infosys as per profile. So, I ask first question if they consider a 56% in CBSE guy. As, per their policy they don't. End of discussion.

Shwet Saoji
    Companies consider 60% criteria either on following two way:
    1. Average of all semester:
    (Sum of all semesters) / (No. of semesters)

Semesters: Decleared result.
    2. University calculation of result:
    Ex: AKTU (formally Uttar Pradesh Technical University) calculate percentage as
    Weightage of ( 25% of First year + 50% Second year
    + 75% of Third + 100% of final year)
    Even if your final AKTU university result is 65%. But your average score is below 60%. The company which follows 1st way of calculation. You will not be eligible.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

Very interesting points #-Link-Snipped-#‍ If anyone has further queries about companies recruiting for students having less than 60% in engineering, let's discuss what issues you are facing here.

• Shreyas Salunke
    Shreyas Salunke

What should I do to get a job off campus with 55%?

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ First things first - Though 55% would be considered a satisfactory score by many, most MNCs and campus placement companies demand 60% and above. Considering that you have already completed your final year B.E. or B.Tech with less than 60%, you should start thinking about joining small and medium companies instead of MNCs. 

Many small companies and startups demand 'skills' instead of the score. Things to focus on immediately after graduation -

1. Soft Skills - Personality Development, English Language, Confidence Building.

2. Technical Skills - Whatever branch you are from, choose the subjects that you like the most. See if you can do a certification course in that subject or skill from a renowned institute. If money is an issue at such institutes, consider doing online training and certification from websites like Udemy. 

3. Build Resume/Profile - You need to highlight your strong points - What certifications you have, skills you are proficient in, projects you have done as a hobby or in past time to show that you can actually 'implement' the skills you have learned and not just know the theory.

4. Start Freelancing - Make use of your free time off campus to work in your free time. With online jobs increasing by the day, you could build a profile on any one of the freelancer websites and start bidding for projects and complete them successfully. This way you earn while you learn.

5. Apply for jobs vigorously - Always be on a lookout for jobs on online portals and vacancies in newspapers. Don't be afraid to start small. Any job is better than no job and will add to your experience in your resume. Use that to jump up the corporate ladder.

We wish you all the best. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

• Shreyas Salunke
    Shreyas Salunke

Thank you ? 

• omkar shinde
    omkar shinde

Hello , i have 73% in 10th , 53% in 12th and 7.04 cgpa till 6th sem of computer engineering. So as from this month my college placement starts and till today some companies came for placement and all of them had criteria that 60% in 10th , 12th so should i wait for companies in which my 12th marks are eligible or should i try off campus or go for higher studies like MBA in good college?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - You don't have to 'wait'. You should of course try off-campus. The option of further studies applies only if you actually want to go for it and can crack CAT (and other similar entrance exams). Have you taken mock CAT and checked your score? A lot of training institutes offer pan-India mock tests so that you can check where you stand in the competition. 

Unless you are confident of getting into any of the top 20 MBA colleges in India, there's no point in going for MBA. Of course, you can still get an MBA from any college and try your luck afterwards. 

You might want to consider another option for CDAC, if you still to stay in the technical domain. 

Have you considered those options? 

• Omkar Shinde
    Omkar Shinde

Yes I have already joined TIME institute for this , in a hope that it will increase my score in aptitude test. So if I get top college in mba then I have good chance there? Or there will be same situation like this? 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - An honest answer may not please you, but I'll post it anyway. The thing is - if you get into a very good college - your chances of placement are good, but not at all guaranteed. If you've made up your mind to get into MBA, make sure that you get into a very good college; otherwise the situation may not be any different from what it is now. 

• Vaishnavi Sangwai
    Vaishnavi Sangwai

i have 68% in final year of engineering  e&tc . But i  have aggregate 59.88% throughout 4 years? I have question whether MNC companies want aggregate of all four years or they just look at BE marks?Am i eligible for MNC companies?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - There's no common rule that applies to all the MNCs. Many IT companies ask for 60%+ performance throughout junior and senior college. 

Also, the eligibility criteria for recruitment keeps on changing and you should check with the training and placement department of your college for the criteria. 

That said, you don't have to worry. Prepare yourself with best of the skills in the domain that you wish to make your career in and aim for 2-3 years of experience before getting into MNC. You'll have a good chance of making more money than your peers, if you join any MNC with some prior work experience. 

All the best!

• anu rajamma
    anu rajamma

Taking about aggrigate if we do vlsi course with 100% placement there also percentage come into picture ha 

• Karanjot Singh
    Karanjot Singh

i attended zensar interview and went till hr round they told they will share the feedback later  whatis the probablity that i will be selected

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - how long has it been since you took the interview? Did they inform you about the time-frame within which you'd get the answer? 

• Karanjot Singh
    Karanjot Singh

i was interviewed last week .. it was a campus interview so they tild they will share the feedback to TPO

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Okay. First thing to do is to follow up with your TPO and check if Zensar has communicated about the status. Were you the only one who reached till HR round from your college? 

If it's only your result that is pending, you should follow up with TPO and ask them to get the status. Your TPO would know who to contact and get the relevant details. 

Typically, companies would convey the result within a week or max two. However, Zensar might be following a different policy. 

Your best bet is to talk to your TPO and find out more information.

• Rohit Sawant
    Rohit Sawant

Thanks for your suggestion you clear my doubt about campus interview 

• sangmesh khadke
    sangmesh khadke

I have below 60% in BE, 10th as well as 12th......im interested in design and done design course and have design software skills. But no company wants me to hire bcz my % is below60%.....as i belongs to middle class family faced many problems and no body guided me properly or misguide...it means whole life studied gone waste ...what i should do....every company thinks 2nd class students are brainless...what to do?

• Rehan hussain
    Rehan hussain

I have done b.tech(cse) and my 10th class percentage 53% ,so i want to know 

That i am eligible for it companies 

So please reply me.

• Rashmi Gandhi
    Rashmi Gandhi

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# I think hundreds of students face this problem in India. You are not alone in this, and you are right.. companies shouldn't really care about the percentage of students while recruiting. They can instead focus on taking an entrance test and interview. 

Here's a list of companies for computer science and IT engineers that do hire without keeping any 55% or 50% eligibility criteria:

1. Accenture
    2. Syntel
    3. Tech Mahindra.

I am not yet sure about Mechanical Engineers..

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

An interesting note - in the United States, big companies like Google and Apple have dropped the 'Engineering Degree' criteria for most of their recruitment. These companies have realised that it's not the degree that's essential; but the actual skills and the experience that candidate brings to the table. 

I'm quite sure that Indian companies will follow the same criteria in near future for hiring engineers; but it could take a few more years. 

• venkat ramana
    venkat ramana

49.9  percent eligible in 12th standard

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#  - It's impossible to figure out what question you have and what help can we provide. Please take a moment to write your question in detail and tell more information about your background. 

• Shilpa Sannakkinavar
    Shilpa Sannakkinavar

I got 72% in 10th and 59.16 in 12th and 65% in (3rd year) engineering what I have to do please tell me

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# Concentrate on the remaining SEMs and try to score well. Also make sure that you are well prepared to crack aptitude tests and interviews. In addition aim for a certification in any programming language of your choice like JAVA. 

• SUBHAM PATWA
    SUBHAM PATWA

I have 68% in 10th and 59.8% in 12th and 78% in b.tech(7th sem) . I'm not getting eligible any company even in off-campus . what should i do now...please response   

• SUBHAM PATWA
    SUBHAM PATWA

I have 68% in 10th and 59.8% in 12th and 78% in b.tech(7th sem) . I'm not getting eligible any company even in off-campus . what should i do now...please response   

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear all, I have completed my Bachelor's in mechanical engineering from Gujarat, India. Now I am planning to pursue my masters in engineering from abroad. Currently studying GRE. Can anyone...
If you binge watched Star Trek at least once and are in love with all the gadgets and technology shown in the world's most popular sci-fi show, well, you know...
Google's 'Android Auto', the droid for your car, has launched in Australia. Android Auto is your car infotainment system that syncs with your android phone to keep you informed and...
Quote: When we think about the Arctic in a warming world, we tend to think aboutsharp declines in sea ice and — that powerful symbol — the polar bear. But...
Nikon Corporation has been steadily unveiling its fleet of mirrorless cameras over the last few years since 2011. With the addition of Nikon 1 J5 interchangeable lens camera, the series...