Command Google (Voice) In Hindi & Hinglish

Google Now, which lets you issue search commands to Google; now understands Hindi and your everyday Hinglish as well. Google demonstrated how Google Now recognises Hindi language to perform searches and also announced a new portal, hindiweb.com for all the content in Hindi. By speaking the language of the locals, Google's aiming to get ~300 million Hindi speaking population in India online to use Google's services in their own language. Google's already promised that other popular languages like Marathi, Tamil, Bengali are in the list of languages to be supported.

Google's VP & MD Rajan Anandan informed the reporters that not all of India's ~200 million users are comfortable with content in English. India's already witnessing high volume growth in Internet users with over 5 million new Internet users being added every month. At this growth rate, India will take over USA in terms of Internet users in the next 10-12 months. Google's already become the member of the Indian Language Internet Alliance aka ILIA with an aim to build content in native languages and make it available to everyone via mobile and desktop platforms.

Google-Now-Hindi

Google's partnering with leading Hindi media to create content in Hindi and is expected to form more partnerships for content in other Indian languages. Google Now is getting better at understanding the Indian accent and will soon begin understanding most of your commands. We believe this is an important initiative and with Google's in the driving seat, it's certainly going to achieve the goals.

Via: Google offers Hindi voice search; to add regional languages | Business Standard News

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's a quick 'How To' use Hindi Search on Google Now: On your android phone, head over to Search -> Now -> Voice -> Language -> Select 'Hindi (Bharat)'. The app however outputs stuff in English and no 'OK Google' keyword support yet. I believe Google should have "Jee Google jee" hotword instead of OK Google; what say? 😁
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    If Google Now comes up with other Indian languages, hotwords like "Aho Google-rao", "Google-wa", "Google anna", "Google babu" would sound cool! 😲😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Xiaomi is reportedly launching an Mi 16000 mAh power bank to take care of all your power hungry gadgets. The company already has 5200 mAh and 10400 mAh power banks...
Ambulance services in Chennai have more and more facilities inside the ambulance. The facilities are, 1.Well trained and professional medical doctor and staff 2.And additional support paramedics 3. Advanced digital...
Hi... I am post graduation student, we have seminar presentation. i decided my topic as aerodynamic study of helicopter rotor.but i am really confused how to start study, there are...
ActOnMagic is a cloud insights company that provides complete visibility into and control over customer business and operational challenges. ActOnMagic was founded this year by Madan Ganesh Velayudham, a computer...
The iBall Slide Performance Series of tablets in India recently got updated with a brand new Windows 8.1 OS running tablet named 'iBall Slide WQ149' with a price tag of...