.com vs .me for personal website

Hello,

I'm making my personal website, so wondering which domain extension would be better.
I see a lot of personal sites with .me extension.
On the other hand If we think taking a common man's perspective, everyone thinks that every domain ends with .com; that's the general assumption I guess.

So, would like to know the views about this.

What among .com / .me / other (Please Specify) would be good for this purpose?

Thanks & Regards

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Frankly speaking, don't expect people to visit your site by actually typing in the entire domain. Most of the people will visit via Google or existing links on some other websites; and it doesn't matter what domain you use.

If you plan to make your website exclusively about 'yourself' then I'd recommend a .me extension. If not, .com is good too. However, for a personal website .me sounds more logical than .com.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ISRO (or Indian Space Research Organisation) is all geared up for the launch of its latest communication satellite GSAT-16, slated to fire off on 5th of December. The launch will...
With an aim to to connect people who wish to experience something new with talented local guides who wish to share their expertise and passion with others, GuideTrip was founded...
From Washington Post Quote: “Gangnam Style,” the K-pop sensation that basically owned 2012, has been viewed so many millions of times that, two years later, YouTube’s view counter literally broke...
Project ideas any???
It's raining money at IIT campuses. Facebook and Google have been offering Rs. 1 Cr+ salaries to graduate students at IIT campuses. Of course these salaries are being offered in...