Color tracking robot

i need some knowledge to make a robot follow a person according to the color he is wearing. can any1 help??

Replies

• sanks85
    sanks85
    i think there are robos with line following sensor... but never heard robo following person according to colour...anybody please help...
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    never tried this, but maybe can be implement. Need to learn image processing.
  • pryorka
    pryorka
    I've made a light intensity detecting robot. From doing that I can tell you the problem with your idea will be the sensors. Just detecting light levels with the sensors I had was hard enough. It will all come down to the sensors. After that you just need a microcontroller and the base of the robot with motors. But I have no clue where to point you for sensors that could be good enough for that.
  • cranky
    cranky
    Yes indeed ip is a way out where in input from camera is fed to computer through say parallel port and then we code in matlab accordingly..i too need help in this area..anyone
  • AGRU
    AGRU
    Well,yes friend u can make a robo follow a person according to the colour of the dress he wears .
    it comes under image processing.
    it uses some programs of matlab where the rgb image is formed into our required proportions.
    we use parallel port here in input from camera is fed to computer through say parallel port and thenaccording to the program it works .
    any more insight is really welcome.
  • manzar.rosemary
    manzar.rosemary
    According to me image processing is the best way to be implemented for such type of robot as written by AGRU. Otherway you can use sensors also for detecting different intesities of different colors with the help of ADC channel of the microcontroller that you will be using. Through ADC you will get different digital values for different analog input i.e. intensity. You can program your robot accordingly. But there are certain limitations of this method as it becomes very handy and you will feel a lot of trouble in sensor part mainly due to ambient light etc. You can overcome this problem to a great using the modulation technique. You can use a T-SOP or anything else that you are comfortable at for modulation.
    Hope the information be helpful for you.
    Thanks.
  • cranky
    cranky
    now that we have narrowed down to ip as the optimum solution,can we strt discussing on that?The input from the camera is fed to the comp via parallel port.But how does the input look like?as in,can anyone give a code snippet😔
  • cranky
    cranky
    anybody?if interested we could work on some problem statement.I am game 😀
  • AGRU
    AGRU
    yes , u can giv the code .
    generally the code is nowadays given using matlab.
    shall giv some matlab codes of sm areas soon in 2 to 3 days.
  • cranky
    cranky
    its nice to hear some enthu.So how do we begin?
  • AGRU
    AGRU
    hi tazz ,yes u can do this.
    as i had said earlier we can do ur required job by using matlab and converting image into rgb format.u need to use a camera fr this.
  • jerseys
    jerseys
    never tried this, but maybe can be implement.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guys, I had a laptop and its not there now! so no issues about that! I want to buy a system now , My usage: 1. I use atleast...
hey guys, post your views about your country here.the positives as well as negatives plus sujjestions for improvements.. well i like the people ,the diverse culture and especially the music.its...
today i came across the term frequency divider circuit. the main function is that it will reduce the frequency by a certain value.i know about cropping of the amplitude of...
Official Website: https://unpluggd.org/ You must have heard of these statements (from startups/VCs/media/bloggers etc) * Consumer Internet is just not happening in India (i.e. one cannot build a profitable Internet company...
can you say me the best neural network for iris recognition in biometrics with the fuzzy logic method usage? please reply at the earliest!!!