Coin-slot Operated Printing Machine Project Idea

Hi! I am new here and I just want to ask about my project idea. I want to know if my idea is possible using Raspberry Pi. I want to create a Coin-slot Operated Printing Machine that will be controlled using an Android tablet as the display and control of the printer. The machine will accept files to print via Bluetooth(from any Bluetooth devices), direct transfer and via web(e-mail).

Here is my concept: first is that the coin slot will recognize the coin inputs and when it meets the required amount the printer is now open for access, meaning the user can now transfer the files to the machine via its desired method. The Android tablet will serve as the control for the printer, this is where the user will select what kind of file transfer method he wants to use for printing. Then it will also display what file/s to print and then a control for a "start printing" command.

What I want to know is can Rasp Pi accommodate all this devices at once. Can the Rasp Pi connect the tablet as the display and control for the printer and the coin slot. Another thing to consider is the methods for file transfer, is it possible to have a file transfer via Bluetooth, web and direct transfer to the Rasp Pi while the tablet, coin slot and printer are connected to the Pi as well. If this is all possible, can I know what model of Raspberry Pi I should use and can you give me an idea of how should I start in making this project from scratch. If this is not possible with Rasp Pi, what other alternatives can I use to make this project.

This is my final year project and I am hoping for a positive response. Any help from you are very much appreciated. Thank you very much and more power to you guys!!!

Replies

• jevinkake
    jevinkake
    does anyone have the idea to make this work?
  • Eduard Popa
    Eduard Popa
    I stayed upon that idea days and nights as well and my finally conclusión would be the following :-having an app to manage the printing process page by page and charging to users . talking about coins op printer it's easaly solved. If you are like minded write me edipo1971@ gmail.com
  • Eduard Popa
    Eduard Popa
    jevinkake
    Hi! I am new here and I just want to ask about my project idea. I want to know if my idea is possible using Raspberry Pi. I want to create a Coin-slot Operated Printing Machine that will be controlled using an Android tablet as the display and control of the printer. The machine will accept files to print via Bluetooth(from any Bluetooth devices), direct transfer and via web(e-mail).

Here is my concept: first is that the coin slot will recognize the coin inputs and when it meets the required amount the printer is now open for access, meaning the user can now transfer the files to the machine via its desired method. The Android tablet will serve as the control for the printer, this is where the user will select what kind of file transfer method he wants to use for printing. Then it will also display what file/s to print and then a control for a "start printing" command.

What I want to know is can Rasp Pi accommodate all this devices at once. Can the Rasp Pi connect the tablet as the display and control for the printer and the coin slot. Another thing to consider is the methods for file transfer, is it possible to have a file transfer via Bluetooth, web and direct transfer to the Rasp Pi while the tablet, coin slot and printer are connected to the Pi as well. If this is all possible, can I know what model of Raspberry Pi I should use and can you give me an idea of how should I start in making this project from scratch. If this is not possible with Rasp Pi, what other alternatives can I use to make this project.

This is my final year project and I am hoping for a positive response. Any help from you are very much appreciated. Thank you very much and more power to you guys!!!
    I stayed upon that idea days and nights as well and my finally conclusión would be the following :-having an app to manage the printing process page by page and charging to users . talking about coins op printer it's easaly solved. If you are like minded write me edipo1971@ gmail.com

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to create a Coin-slot Operated Printing Machine that will be controlled using an Android tablet as the display and control of the printer. The machine will accept files...
Peel and stick PV panels to power the world? https://fora.tv/2014/06/11/Xiaolin_Z...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-4109fb0c5f-295725241
Motorola Moto 360 smartwatch is coming to India via Flipkart. As of now Flipkart's got an official page for the Moto 360: Check Here!. There's no confirmation of the launch...
One of my collegue have a working experience of 3 years in java. Currently i am working on Java with Struts, JSP, Servlets. Prior experience of Android as well. Now,...
Congratulations buddy, @Aditya Deshmukh. My Infosys interview experience was too somewhat similar. I had mentioned about CE in my resume and my interviewer was already thorough with it when I...