Coaching classes for engineers

I want to start a new discussion about coaching classes for engineering students. I dont know if this topic is/was discussed earlier. (I am too lazy to go thru old posts).
What do you think about coaching classes for engineering students.
Is it OK to spoon feed a student till his graduation studies?
What kind of an engineer this student will be if we have to spoon feed him till his last exams?
When will he learn to solve problems on his own?
Will he ever be able to think about any new ideas?
I had some trainee engineers working for me last couple of years. All of them went to some or other coaching classes.
It will be a understatement of the year if I say I was disappointed with them.
As a graduate Mech Engineer you should atleast be able to tell difference between 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines or centrifugal and reciprocating pumps. Most of them could not.
I never had to go to coaching classes for my engineering studies.
I would like to say that I am not the best engineer around but I am better than an average guy.
But I cant say this about my trainees.
So what do you think. Are coaching classes relevant in today's world. Or old fashioned self study makes better engineers.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Security and surety comes from health and wealth of being. This comes from a self assuredness in family prosperity. This family's love creates a community with dreams and legacy's of...
KalpanaL submitted a new project: 3D Secure Password - Here i use authetication scheme, in it " Text + Color " combination use. This is authentication scheme where text can...
The stirling engine made of junk automobile parts in the field. Is it possible to make a work pony? Can a design be created so as to take an automobile...
Project Abstract / Summary : The aim of this project is to create a simulation of a HCCI Engine with Multi Fuel injectors using a Diesel Engine to showcase the...
The spirit of the design.By Donald F. Ross Jr. 1-15-15 Security and surety comes from health and wealth of being. This comes from a self assuredness in family prosperity. This...