Close Multiple Finder Windows On Mac (OSX) At Once

So I opened about 55 finder windows simultaneously accidentally. I'm running Yosemite on my 2011 iMac and I wanted to find out the total size of all the folders I've selected. I selected about 55 folders in my 'pictures' folder and clicked on 'Get Info' right-click option. I expected OSX would calculate the total size of the selected folders and show me the final size. But OSX is funny in its own way - it opened 55 finder windows, totally filling up my desktop.

There's no 'obvious' way to close all the windows and a search online revealed a key combination that does the job. In order to close multiple windows on mac (osx), simply press OPTION+COMMAND together and press W. The magic combination will close all the open finder windows at once.

That should be a life + time saver for most of you. Tweet / Share this tip so that fellow OSX users will find it useful 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello people, I have done my Masters in Industrial Engineering, in 2014. Have studied various topics of IE and did several projects/internships (on Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing, Consulting,etc.) with almost...
I'm wondering how many of you would be interested in participating in ask me anything sessions on CrazyEngineers? We're in touch with the top CxOs of hottest startups, eCommerce ventures...
At times I get so bugged when I have to write some data on my cellphones memory card. Especially larger files upto 2GB it takes approximately 15 mins. Was quite...
Hi everyone, I am currently doing bachelors in electrical and electronic engineering and in my third year I have to choose between electronics and communication which i don't have broad...
hey! i just wanna know 'is it possible to convert a binary signals to electrical signals?' If yes , Then how it works?