Civil Engineers in Costing & Estimation?

Hi,
Thanks a lot for this amazing forum, though I just joined this forum, but I can tell that the torrent of various topics are going to help in some way or the other.
Now coming back to the topic can anybody enlighten me on the future scope of civil engineers in Costing and Estimation field and what all one has to do or start with in order to hone his o her skills in this field of civil engineering. Can we start a forum on "Know all about costing and Estimation".

Replies

• prahu mac
    prahu mac
    can you just start posting some example problems related to estimation and costing??
  • Gloria S. Akins
    Gloria S. Akins
    See, civil engineering is involved in almost every new structure developed. Starting from government projects to individual construction, where construction is involved cost and estimation is must. Every engineering firm is not completed without cost estimator. Their is a huge scope of the field. You can start your work with any small firm for experiencing how to calculate #-Link-Snipped-# and later can switch to big companies and engineering firms.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    can you please tell us the standard procedure for carrying out costing and estimations?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Olympus has officially launched the new Stylus SH-1 camera. It features a 16 megapixel BSI CMOS Sensor and 5 Axis image and video stabilisation. Along comes 24x Optical Zoom and...
One of India’s potential smartphone makers, iBall has launched Andi 5T Cobalt 2, a successor to the company’s Cobalt iBall Andi 4.7G Cobalt which was released last year. The all-new...
Budgie Desktop has reached to version 2.0 recently. Budgie, the Mutter based desktop environment looks similar to that of ChromeOS that is shipped only in Chromebooks. Unlike other DE it...
hi everyone... em frm pakistan electrical+electronics engineer.......... I joined it to gain knowledge abt the new technologies & to share upcoming events ! hope everyone here will free to discuss.....
If you own an Apple device and love downloading apps on it, then we have a bad news for you. Buying the latest iOS apps is about to become more...