Civil Engineering Project Ideas For Third/Final Year Students 2019 - 2020

Here is a list of project ideas for projects of Civil Engineering. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This list has been complied after referring to the project ideas that have come across the forum since last few years. If you have questions regarding these projects feel free to ask them in the replies below. You may also ask for abstract of a project idea that you have or want to work on.

We also encourage you to share more project ideas, so that we can update our list.

Some of the topics to name are

RURAL SANITATION OF KOMMERAHALLI VILLAGE

•LOW COST LIGHT WEIGHT ROOFING TILES

•STUDY ON STRENGTH OF COMPACTED MUD WALLS

•COMMUNICATION NET WORK

•IRRIGATION POTENTIAL AND HARNESSING THE SAME

•STUDY ON STRENGTH OF COUNTRY BRICK WALLS LAID IN MUD

MORTAR

•TECHNOLOGY OF CONSTRUCTION OF A LOW COST HOUSE USING

FUNICULAR SHELL UNITS FOR THE ROOF

•GROUND WATER INVENTORY IN NANDIKOOR VILLAGE

•CRITICAL STUDY OF LOCALLY AVAILABLE MATERIALS FOR THE

MANUFACTURE OF BRICKS

• VILLAGE SANITATION SYSTEM
  • DESILITING OF TANKS
  • LOW COST ROOFING TILES
  • STUDY OF TRADITIONAL HOUSING PRACTICES
  • FERRO CEMENT ROOFING MATERIALS
  • STUDY OF UNBURNT BRICKS
  • LABOUR OPTIMISATION IN EARTH WORK
  • COIR REINFORCED ROOFING SHEETS
  • FATIGUE OF HUMAN LABOUR IN EARTH WORK
  • WALL PANELS FOR LOW COST HOUSES
  • PLANING AND DESIGNING OF LOW COST SCHOOL BUILDINGS
  • ENGINEERING STUDY OF A TRADITIONAL INDUSTRY JAGGERY MAKING
  • STUDIES ON THE CONCENTRATION OF SETTABLE DUST EMITTED BY SUGAR FACTORY
  • RURAL SANITATION OF KOMMERAHALLI VILLAGE
  • LOW COST LIGHT WEIGHT ROOFING TILES
  • STUDY ON STRENGTH OF COMPACTED MUD WALLS
  • COMMUNICATION NET WORK
  • IRRIGATION POTENTIAL AND HARNESSING THE SAME
  • STUDY ON STRENGTH OF COUNTRY BRICK WALLS LAID IN MUD MORTAR
  • TECHNOLOGY OF CONSTRUCTION OF A LOW COST HOUSE USING FUNICULAR SHELL UNITS FOR THE ROOF
  • GROUND WATER INVENTORY IN NANDIKOOR VILLAGE
  • CRITICAL STUDY OF LOCALLY AVAILABLE MATERIALS FOR THE MANUFACTURE OF BRICKS
  • INVESTIGATION ON GROUND WATER RESOURCES AND DETERMINATION OF AQUIFER PARAMETER AROUND SURATKAL ENGG. COLLEGE
  • EXPERIMENT INVESTIGATION ON CEMENTS WITH PADDY HUSK ASH
  • HOUSING FOR THE POOR
  • LOW COST SCHOOL BUILDING
  • LOW COST ROOFING TILES
  • DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR A GROWTH CENTRE
  • STUDIES ON BLACK COTTON SOIL MIXED COPPER MINES WASTE

• AUTOMATIC FLOW REGULATION FOR CANAL- TANK SLUICE 
    • LOW COST STABLISED EARTH BRICKS 
    • STRENGTH CHARACTERISTICS OF SURKI MORTAR 
    • BIO- GAS PLANT WITH FERRO CEMENT GAS HOLDER 
    • WATER SUPPLY FOR IGGOR VILLAGE 
    • TESTS ON POZZOLANA MIXTURES 
    • STUDY OF TRANSPORTATION NEEDS IN RURAL AND SEMI-URBAN 
      AREAS 
    • LOW COST GRAIN STORAGE STRUCTURE 
    • PERFORMANCE STUDY OF IRRIGATION CENTRIFUGAL PUMPS 
    • SOME STUDIES ON SISAL FIBRE REINFORCED CEMENT AGGREGATE 
      COMPOSITES 
    • EROSION RESISTANCE STUDIES ON STABILISED MUD BLOCKS 
    • EVAPORATION LOSSES IN MALAPRABHA PROJECT 
    • GROUND WATER INVENTORY IN KOTNUR VILLAGE 
    • CRITICAL STUDY OF LOCALLY AVAILABLE MATERIALS FOR THE 
      MANUFACTURE OF BRICKS 
    • HYDROGEOLOGICALINVESTIGATIONS, GROUND WATER QUALITY 
      AND AQUIFER PARAMETERS 
    • USE OF DIFFERENT ORGANIC WASTES FOR PRODUCTION OF BIO 
      GAS 
    • INVESTIGATION ON FIBRE REINFORCED ROOFING UNITS 
    • ROAD RE ALIGNMENT 
    • SOIL STABILAZATION 
    • SOFTWARE STUDY OF JANATHA HOUSES 
    • LOW COST DEMONSTRATION HOUSE 
    • STABLIZATION OF SOIL FOR BRICKS PUDDLED WITH ORGANIC 
      MATERIALS 
    • MASTER PLAN FOR A RURAL SETTLEMENT - IGOOR 
    • RESTORATION OF TANK 
    • DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR A GROWTH CENTRE 
    • LOW COST ROOFING TILES 
    • STUDIES ON LOW COST STABILIZED EARTH BRICKS 
    • A STUDY ON POZZOLANNA MIXTURES 
    • A STUDY OF FLEXURAL STRENGTH OF LIME -POZZOLANA COCRETE 
    • EROSION RESISTANCE STUDIES ON STABILISED BRICK BLOCKS 
    • STEEL FIBRE REINFORCED CEMENT CONCRETE 
    • SURVEY OF CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS RESOURCES IN GULBARGA 
      DISTICT 
    • A CRITICAL STUDY OF AUGMENTATION WATER SUPPLY SCHEME 
    • A CRITICAL STUDY OF AUGMENTATION WATER SUPPLY SCHEME TO 
      GULBARGA CITY 
    • PRECAST STONE BLOCK MASONARY 
    • LOW CAST GRAIN STORAGE STRUCTURES 

You can download this complete list here -

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is another huge list -
  • DHAKSHINBABU
    DHAKSHINBABU
    Hi, I just want abstract of BIO GAS PLANT with ferrocement holder
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    DHAKSHINBABU
    Hi, I just want abstract of BIO GAS PLANT with ferrocement holder
    With ferrocement type of construction, the vessel is usually cylindrical and comparitively smaller plants can be prefabricated.

The advantage is lower construction costs and the disadvantage is the craftsmen have to build with high standards and substantial amount of steel and cement is required. Moreover, you have to ensure special sealing measures for the gasholder.

You can download this PDF where they have given some information about ferrocement biogas plants.
  • mukku harsha vardhan
    mukku harsha vardhan
    hey i want abstract on------Construction of a Prefabricated Mobile House Using Precast Concrete Units
  • kunal shinde
    kunal shinde
    I want to make a project for diplpma civil 3 year and want help from u..
  • kunal shinde
    kunal shinde
    Please mam send me any idea for making project ..all students had selected there topic for project but I am let ..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    mukku harsha vardhan
    hey i want abstract on------Construction of a Prefabricated Mobile House Using Precast Concrete Units
    We do not provide ready made project abstracts. We only discuss ideas on this forum.
    For this concept: Construction of a Prefabricated Mobile House Using Precast Concrete Units, you can refer to the following papers:
    Prefabricated Construction Systems for Building and Civil works adopted in Hong Kong
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Prefabricated Technology in a Modular House
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Building Design and Erection Using PreFabricated Concrete -Code of Practice
    PDF

You can study these and come up with your own ideas.
  • kunal shinde
    kunal shinde
    What should I do project for diploma base ..I have seen the list but I am confused so please suggest me5-6name to do project ....please
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    kunal shinde
    What should I do project for diploma base ..I have seen the list but I am confused so please suggest me5-6name to do project ....please
    At least narrow down your search by selecting the most relevant topics to you on the basis of your favorite subjects or the areas that interest you. If you narrow down that and ask for suggestion based on a particular topic, we could help you out.
  • omutojo emma
    omutojo emma
    help me on my final year project. " Design of a water suppy system for a town setting".
  • manoj kumar abbineni
    manoj kumar abbineni
    i need some information about pre stressed concrete bridge design help me
  • manoj kumar abbineni
    manoj kumar abbineni
    i need some information about pre stressed concrete bridge design help me
  • Rajkumar vadivel
    Rajkumar vadivel
    I want new project ideas in environment for final year project.
  • Soundarraj
    Soundarraj
    i searched all websites for school building final year project sample but i have not find but i hope u send me a reply
  • aks93civil
    aks93civil
    ma'm i need some effective information related to pre -engineered buildings. where can i find relevant info about it?
  • Jaydeep Parmar
    Jaydeep Parmar
    hello i want TECHNOLOGY OF CONSTRUCTION OF A LOW COST HOUSE USING
    FUNICULAR SHELL UNITS FOR THE ROOF pls
  • Jaydeep Parmar
    Jaydeep Parmar
    do u have some new idea for civil eng final year project ..?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

This video may be of some help to you.

It is a demonstration of a flat funicular shell done by Architect Meera Prajapati in Auroville. Check it out -

You may also read this paper: #-Link-Snipped-#

• sid5950
    sid5950
    i want project report on water supply engineering.plz help
  • Krizzelle Ann
    Krizzelle Ann
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is another huge list -
    hi! im from philippines. and i need help of what is a good topic for ce project (civil engineering student) college level
  • Krizzelle Ann
    Krizzelle Ann
    i need a topic for our ce project final year applicable here in the phils. pls help. 😔
  • Aravind Santhosh
    Aravind Santhosh
    I want 2016-2017 civil engineering projects abstracts. Can you help?
  • Mayur Manohar Bhosale
    Mayur Manohar Bhosale
    Hello mam, I want information about Desilting of reservior . I want to do final year project in reservior desilting . So please give me some ideas.
  • Avin Naik
    Avin Naik
    Hello mam ,
    How design and estimate residential building , it's components ???
  • Vismay Shah
    Vismay Shah
    Avin Naik
    Hello mam ,
    How design and estimate residential building , it's components ???
    Hey Avin!

Glad that you have asked such a technical Question! See what generally happens is being a civil engineer if we exclude the design part We always been more into execution part of the building.

For estimating the components there few pre-requisite of it as below:
    1. Details Plan, Elevation & Sections of Residential Building
    2. List Material (with specific company) to be used in the construction
    3. Knowledge of Process of the construction from Foundation to Lock&Key
    4. Knowledge of methods of Quantity derivation (as it is covered in final year as a subject)

For estimating the Quantity of components there are 3 methods,
    1. Manual Paper Calculations
    2. Few of the thumb rules
    3. Use of Microsoft Excel
    4. Use of Specialized software such as (Autodesk Quantity Takeoff)

For the design of Residential building i don't know much about it as i am not a structure person. But you must have knowledge of
    1. Site Location
    2. Local & National Bylaws
    3. IS Codes
    4. Structure Design Softwares
    5. Load Calculations.

Hope I am able to answer your question.
    Thanks. 😀
  • Vismay Shah
    Vismay Shah
    ZuLkiFLi
    Hello, Can i get some idea project topic? i'm tired to thinking it, 😔
    Hey ZuLkiFLi,

Please be Specific. as civil engineering is a broad in which discipline you want to work.
    1. Structure
    2. Transportation
    3. GeoTech
    4. Water Resources
    5. Waste Resources
    6. Construction Management etc.
  • Ramona Ciulei
    Ramona Ciulei
    Hello! I am student at master PSGISDD( Spatial Planning and GIS for sustainable development ) and I need some ideas for the final dissertation project .
    Can you help me?
    Thank you !
  • Avin Naik
    Avin Naik
    Hi mam,
    Increasing strength by adding lathe waste in concerte for project
  • shahzeb zaman
    shahzeb zaman
    hi mam, i am student of agricultural engineering, i need your help kindly could you tell me some project creative ideas for my final year project in pakistan which can help the farmers in pakistan
  • kavita kuwar
    kavita kuwar

Hey, 

I want abstract of Studies on concentration of settlable dust immited by sugar industry 

• Ashish Jadhav
    Ashish Jadhav

I want to research advance civil project you have idea about this? Then please tell me project names / title.

Design of a concrete structure using any software used in Industry.

Design of a building using base isolators.

Design of steel structure using any software used in Industry.

Designing a High Rise building.

Dynamic analysis of a High Rise building.

Design of a High Rise building using Dampers.

Design of a Bridge, You can take into consideration different types of bridges like suspension,continous etc.

Concrete technology, you may try and find a substitute for the traditional admixtures used.

Design of a water Treatment plant or Sewage Treatment plant.

Design of the canal system, you may also try and find a different material to be used as canal lining.

Design of a Dam. You may also try and compare different types of Dams.

Use of different materials as geotextiles.

Town planning.

Surveying of a town for development of better amenities.

Non Linear Analysis of a Structure.

• sunil kage
    sunil kage
    1. Geomatics/Survey: Preparing the map of road stretches and bridge site by performing GPS and TS surveys. Further compiling data collected from various surveys in arc GIS and analysing them in interpretable formats (Contour Maps, Heat Maps etc.) to propose traffic planning strategies incorporating ITS.
    2. Geotechnical Engg: Performing SPT at bridge site, prepare bore log sheet and conducting various laboratory tests for soil sample at foundation level to obtain soil quality parameters for designing sub structure of the bridge.
    3. Environmental Engg: Noise Level Survey and Air Quality Monitoring (SPM, NOx and SO2), a spatial variation of which was plotted along with other spatial variables and inferences drawn were incorporated in strategies proposed for traffic management in the city.
    4. Hydraulics: Hydraulic design of the bridge. Calculation of Mean Scour Depth and Afflux. Design of storm water drainage.
    5. Structure: Design of Pre-stressed Concrete Girder bridge.
    6. Transportation Engg: Conduct traffic surveys (traffic volume survey, OD survey, Spot speed survey), Pavement Health Analysis (FWD test for obtaining remaining life of the pavement, Potholes, Cracks, Rutting etc.) and finally proposing strengthening and widening works for improvement of road stretches. Further data from all the surveys was compiled to prepare a GIS database and ITS was proposed at different locations based on the inferences drawn from the surveyed data. Approach road and approach slab for the bridge on both ends was also designed considering comfort and psychological requirements. Redesign of Bus Depot was also proposed.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

Please check the list mentioned above. Have you gone through that list? Read it and google those topics and find out information about them. 

• Kyekue Mohamed
    Kyekue Mohamed

Hellow ,i want to make a project and i dont know where to start. i really need your help

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Hello #-Link-Snipped-# - what project idea have you selected? I think your first step would be to decide upon the project idea.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Requesting all our new members to contribute to the list. 

• Ajay Krishna
    Ajay Krishna

i want abstract for tests on pozzolona mixtures

• Hamdan Rishthan
    Hamdan Rishthan

Abstract of funicular shell roofing?

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#  A Funicular Shell is a 3 dimensional catenary on a rectilinear base. The roofing system consists of doubly curved shells made with materials of good compressive strength such as waste stone pieces and brick tiles and supported on reinforced concrete edge beams. A series of these shells in variable geometric configurations supported on a grid of concrete beams, identical to a coffer slab, provides an attractive roof for small to medium spans.

More information this can be found here: PDF

@Ajay Krishna 

Comparison of Test Methods to Assess Pozzolanic Activity

Assessment of the pozzolanic activity of cement replacement materials is increasingly important because of the need for more sustainable cementitious products. The pozzolanic activity of metakaolin, silica fume, coal fly ash, incinerated sewage sludge ash and sand have been compared using the Frattini test, the saturated lime test and the strength activity index test. There was significant correlation between the strength activity index test and the Frattini test results, but the results from these tests did not correlate with the saturated lime test results. The mass ratio of Ca(OH)2 to test pozzolan is an important parameter. In the Frattini test and strength activity index test the ratio is approximately 1:1, whereas in the saturated lime test the ratio is 0.15:1. This explains why the saturated lime test shows higher removal of Ca(OH)2 and why the results from this test do not correlate with the other test methods.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

• Siva Bodapati
    Siva Bodapati

I want new idea on environmental engineering for project

• Sahad M Saheed
    Sahad M Saheed

Hai ma'am 

Ma'am will you please help me to do my project on ground water inventory in my village by providing me an abstract of the same.

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#  A comprehensive, detailed inventory allows water managers to prioritize contamination sources according to intended purpose (e.g. to determine the level of risk to public drinking water supplies) and to develop differential management strategies to address these sources.

This methodical guide with a model legend for groundwater contamination inventory and risk maps might help you -

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Sahad M Saheed
    Sahad M Saheed

#-Link-Snipped-# Ma'am please help me with some new project ideas on geotechnical engineering or transportation engineering 

• ALSUMAYYA LATHEEF
    ALSUMAYYA LATHEEF

Ma'am please help me with some new project ideas on geotechnical engineering

• Bala Venkat
    Bala Venkat

Here are some project ideas mate #-Link-Snipped-# 

Study on Stress-Strain Behavior of Cohesive Soil Mixing with Gravel by Triaxial Test
    https://www.scientific.net/AMR.446-449.1573

Numerical analysis for the excavation of geotechnical material in tunnel and grouting effect
    http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.921.886&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Geology Analysis and Support Scheme Design in Soft Rock Coal Mine
    https://www.scientific.net/AMR.446-449.1591

• Oscar Makori
    Oscar Makori

hell  , can i have brainstorming ideas critical augmentation on water supply scheme and pavement design 

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

See these project reports:

1. Augmentation of Rural Piped Water Schemes for Supply of drinking water to tanker fed villages.

PDF

2. Private Water Supply Augmentation Project in SHIVPURI

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a list of project ideas related to Data Mining. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This...
I have problem with my youtube downloader,some videos are downloading while the others not.If anyone knows reply to this thread.
freinds i'm in 4th year, B.Tech(Electronics engg.). I need help regarding final project.. please post some ideas and useful material for it.... thanxx.
can you explain the use of PID (proportional, integral and derivative) control in relation to a line follower? or could you provide a source that explains PID practically?
The_Big_KHa ha 😁 ! Please pull in few of your friends and start discussing instrumentation related topics. That'll motivate others to join in. We look forward to starting a separate...