Civil Engineering Group Study

Since the Electrical engineering has a group study thread so I've decided also to create a civil engineering group study thread.
We will be discussing here topics and sharing information about civil engineering.

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    Our first topic would be about "Foundation"
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i'm in 😁

shall we discuss them here or shall we have separate threads? 😁
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Even though mechanical, I will also want to know more about your trade.I think you can share your work experience or the obvious things which you may have discovered during our work can find a place in this thread. While you can write about them in detail in other threads.

What say people?😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @CP: It would be great if you start separate threads for different topics. πŸ˜€ It will be easy to search individual topics.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    civil engineers for discussions on foundations head here :Foundations discussions 😁
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    for dampers head here:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    for beams discussions:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    green buildings discussions:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    roof discussions:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Hey Civil Princess. That's really great idea. I like it. Do let me know if I can contribute more.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Concrete discussion:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    and
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Floor discussion:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Discussion about Route surveying: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Basic of civil engineering discussion: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Civil engineering Marvel: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • nit.freaky
    nit.freaky
    i hav given seminar on green buldings recently in my college...actually it was sumthng lyk energy efficient buildings
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    For Cement:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    For load discussion:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Bridge Discussions:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Just come up of a new ideaπŸ˜€ I hope other civil CEans will participate. We discussed about different types of bridges, roofs, etc. So I think we will have a single thread individually and dig more deeper about them. For example: Suspension Bridge...we will give more information about this bridge, countries what have this kind of bridge, how to construct this bridge, etc.

So what do you think civil CEans???
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    that is a good idea 😁 we can also discuss some engineering principles related to the construction of those in that threads. πŸ˜€
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Why don't you start it CP???
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    okies πŸ˜€ i'm starting one right away πŸ˜€
  • mann...
    mann...
    foundation "the structure below the ground level." there are two types - 1. shwallow 2. deep
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Structural and design concepts discussion:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Foundation Discussion:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • jaxrobinson
    jaxrobinson
    Oh thanks for making this group.I was always keen on joining some civil engineering group for discussing things.
  • jinlonghan
    jinlonghan
    concrete pile
  • dazzling
    dazzling
    Hello Friends!!! this is a civil engineer. I wanna share wid u some qstions related to interview of a civil engineer. we'll discuss on that. the basic things related to civil like size of bricks, unit wts of cement, concrete ( wet + dry ), etc.
  • xien87
    xien87
    What is the suitable hot mix asphalt specification for Malaysian's road and why? Please compare Malaysia’s pavement specification with other ASEAN countries.
  • insane.nick
    insane.nick
    I want some more explanation about "Foundation" please help me .
  • CivilGuy
    CivilGuy
    Hmm..Good thread.
  • Vengalam Raghu
    Vengalam Raghu
    maria flor
    Since the Electrical engineering has a group study thread so I've decided also to create a civil engineering group study thread.
    We will be discussing here topics and sharing information about civil engineering.
  • Vengalam Raghu
    Vengalam Raghu
    hi hello i am very glad to be a member in crazy engineers πŸ˜€
    i am studying 2nd btech now and i want to more about this ....
    thanx a lot to crazy engineers for giving a common stage to royal civil
    this is my first message πŸ‘Ž
  • Vengalam Raghu
    Vengalam Raghu
    Vengalam Raghu
    thanx a lot to crazy engineers for giving a common stage to royal civil 😁
    i want to give paper presentation in my university can any one give good idea on any topic that is hot today and every one has to attract for it please give an idea ....
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Vengalam Raghu
    thanx a lot to crazy engineers for giving a common stage to royal civil
    Welcome to CE, Vengalam Raghu!
    SMS language is not allowed on the forum.
    This forum is for all Engineering disciplines.
    Congrats on the first message. Introduce yourself #-Link-Snipped-#. πŸ˜€

Vengalam Raghu
    i want to give paper presentation in my university can any one give good idea on any topic that is hot today and every one has to attract for it please give an idea ....
    Ok, you need to work on your basic English.
    Hot today and cold tomorrow? 😨
    Every one has to attract for it? 😲
    Check the VoiCE articles #-Link-Snipped-# and search the forum #-Link-Snipped-#. πŸ˜€
  • Gizz
    Gizz
    guys.. will you please create a thread that's all about reinforced concrete design?? i really need it.. thanks..
  • civil rock
    civil rock
    i m happy to see this civil engg thread πŸ‘ ......its helpful to all of us...can any1 tell me the book for structural analysis 2 (civil 5th sem)...pls..πŸ˜€
  • adityacool31
    adityacool31
    anybody plz suggest the companies which give training to students..
  • Gizz
    Gizz
    go to Discover the Best eBooks, Audiobooks, Magazines, Sheet Music, and More | Scribd there you can download it.. but you have to upload something first before you can download it
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    civil rock
    i m happy to see this civil engg thread πŸ‘ ......its helpful to all of us...can any1 tell me the book for structural analysis 2 (civil 5th sem)...pls..πŸ˜€
    Better get Structural Analysis-R.Vaidyanathan and P.Perumal or Structural Analysis by S.S.Bhavikatti. Both are really good to know the basics.
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    civil rock
    intermediate structural analysis by C.K. Wang is a book i would recommend.
  • civil rock
    civil rock
    Thnx guys......... πŸ˜€
  • Farman Ullah
    Farman Ullah
    My Civil Blogs:civil is good feeld
  • civil rock
    civil rock
    can any1 tell me about entrance exams after btech from civil..my age will 20 when i complete my btech..in 2014 ..so pls tell me about the exams in which age limit is not 21....pls suggest..
  • Keem
    Keem
    paano ung development length paturo naman
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    paano ung development length paturo naman
    refer in the books of Engr. DIT Gillesania or Engr. Besavilla. There are a lot of examples there about on how to solve the development length of beams, columns, footings.
  • tayeng tajo
    tayeng tajo
    hi!!!
    guyss..
    help me in this..
    states the uses of stone as an civil engineering materials.
  • Mohamed Amir
    Mohamed Amir
    shallow foundation (separated or strip footing)or strap beam foundation
    deep foundation (piles and pile caps )

that's the main types
  • Rajcivl
    Rajcivl
    i want to know can a plastic and concrete bond is effective??
  • cherryyoosaf
    cherryyoosaf
    Hai..friends. any one knows how will model a rcc beam in ansys software
  • Handsome hari
    Handsome hari
    me too..
  • Marvin Kalngan
    Marvin Kalngan
    The title of this group is Civil Engineering Group Study, but there is no study. Only Civil Engineering Group . . hehe
  • Rajcivl
    Rajcivl
    can any one tell me in case of weathering course which is effective and cheap to be laid??
  • rithesh salian
    rithesh salian
    Rajcivl
    can any one tell me in case of weathering course which is effective and cheap to be laid??
    Weathering course for what location -External wall ? or u mean like waterproofing?
  • Rajcivl
    Rajcivl
    rithu_195
    Weathering course for what location -External wall ? or u mean like waterproofing?
    its for an normal roof course should be suitable for normal south indian condition of both water and heat
  • rithesh salian
    rithesh salian
    Rajcivl
    its for an normal roof course should be suitable for normal south indian condition of both water and heat
    Initially people used to consider Brick bat coba(BBC) as the perfect weathering course.Now- a- days it is prooved that BBC is no longer a waterproofing material neither a heat insulation material. It just absorbs water and stores in it .
    Going by for a perfect weathering course should be the best insulator. Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) boards are in great demand now a days.
    They are laid on top of water proofing layer .
  • shamanthaka mani
    shamanthaka mani
    none of d links r working...can anybody help me..
  • shamanthaka mani
    shamanthaka mani
    CIVILPRINCESS
    civil engineers for discussions on foundations head here :#-Link-Snipped-# 😁
    Hello cp above links are not working.... am getting an error wen i open them.... can u help me
  • rocky14321
    rocky14321
    this discussion link shows error
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rocky14321
    this discussion link shows error
    This is the new link: Foundations discussions
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    Please tell me the IS CODE that should be referred for the design of Retaining walls and Water Tanks.
  • Kamaldeep Singh``
    Kamaldeep Singh``
    hello guys,
    there is sumthing i would like to know.
    i have completed my 3rd year in civil Engg.
    i wanted to know that which field has the most demand countries like US,AUS,CANADA.
    structural or construction??
  • aswani m
    aswani m
    hello everyone,..πŸ˜€
    i have got a doubt in staad. Can i give a dummy beam in staad using the option inactive beams in specification option
  • aswani m
    aswani m
    I just wanted the beam at a particular floor just to select a quadrilateral area.But, i dont want the beam to be considered for analysis.Anyone to help...
  • Simranjeet Singh Dhanjal
    Simranjeet Singh Dhanjal
    Can anyone please explain me basic slab construction? like how it is carried out in the real world,esp. in India for a common basic building,thanks in advance
  • adarsha mandal
    adarsha mandal
    maria flor
    very good idea
  • Aehtasham
    Aehtasham
    maria flor
    Bridge Discussions:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    πŸŽ‰
  • Rifat
    Rifat
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Shows Error
  • rithesh salian
    rithesh salian
    RISHABH LALA
    Please tell me the IS CODE that should be referred for the design of Retaining walls and Water Tanks.
  • civil rock
    civil rock
    Kamaldeep Singh``
    hello guys,
    there is sumthing i would like to know.
    i have completed my 3rd year in civil Engg.
    i wanted to know that which field has the most demand countries like US,AUS,CANADA.
    structural or construction??
    Structural
  • Lokeshgaddam
    Lokeshgaddam
    I have some doubts .
  • Lokeshgaddam
    Lokeshgaddam
    I want to know about construction of dams and its measurements.
  • Sajan Jose
    Sajan Jose
    maria flor
    yes proceed
  • Sajan Jose
    Sajan Jose
    Simranjeet Singh Dhanjal
    Can anyone please explain me basic slab construction? like how it is carried out in the real world,esp. in India for a common basic building,thanks in advance
    basically slab is constructed as one way or two way depending upon the span. If the length to breadth ratio is less than or equal to two, the slab is done as a two way slab otherwise as one way.at first a strong form work is to be constructed with proper supports. and then steel reinforcement is to be placed according to the design.care should be taken to see that the main reinforcement is laid along the shorter span. half bars should be bent up as negative reinforcement at the supports.care also should be taken to see that proper cover is placed in position just before concreting. a very good mix of M20 or more IS TO BE USED FOR CONCRETE.
  • Vids1234567
    Vids1234567
    SAJAN K JOSE
    yes proceed
    Hey
    We are few of us on studypal , studying together for PE Exam (Civil) . We have put our profile and study schedule as well. We can discuss and share our knowledge with each other. Let me know if anyone is interested.
    Thank you!
  • Avin Naik
    Avin Naik
    Hi mam if ferrocement is taken for project what are the steps to follow

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you recall 2 to 3 years ago, netbooks were all the rage. These were underpowered laptops, usually with a 10-inch screen and ran from $250-$400, depending on the configuration....
i want this book "Switchgear Protection and Power Systems" by Sunil Rao.. plz upload it if anyone has the book. thankz
I can't imagine being in that place. Watch this fresh video released that captured live destruction of Japanese Coast. [video=youtube;CFvy2Lb_wEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFvy2Lb_wEw&feature=player_embedded[/video]
What will you do when a stranger is at your door
I am j mulopa undergraduate computer science working on a project- Zimbabwe . I need help to develop a mutli algorithm encryption system for educational purposes coded in java with...