Replace Lithium Ion Battery Pack With AA Batteries

Alright I am going to start using a Pocket DVR Camera that I got a few years back once again. At the moment though the current batteries you get with the camera suck, and since it is a 2-3 year old camera by now I doubt there going to get better ones. Anyways onto the Technical Stuff..

The camera has 4 pins for the battery, the Positive and Negative pins are clearly labeled and I assumed the other 2 are for ground or something like that. The camera is looking for...

Rating: DC3.7V (Line with three mini dashes under it) 850mA

I already did the math and 3 AA batteries have an output of 3.6V while 4 AA batteries have an output of 4.8V. I think it would be easy and have the batteries last longer if there are 4 AA Batteries. Anyways what electronics can I put together to make a new battery pack for the camcorder. Sorry I do suck at electronics (good at soldering however) but I think it would be cheaper to build something that uses rechargeable AA batteries instead of spending $65 on a new battery that only last an hour.

On the side note, how would I calculate how long the batteries will last? I know the original batteries only lasted an hour since they provided 3.7V and had 850mAh.

Thank for the help, and also thanks for sticking though the stupidity.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Guys, "This Thread is for Educational purpose only" (The examples given here are very basic... all websites are well protected from these types of simple SQL injection attacks 😉,...
Hi CEans, Nice to introduce you the DEFORM software, the advanced tool to simulate materials forming, machining, heat treating process. This introduction is written mainly based on the presentation on...
CEans, As CE gains popularity and our traffic surges, we become a favorite spot for the ad - spammers. Our moderator team works round the clock to keep CE clean...
Puzzle; What is the missing nomber ? Admin note: No tricks, my dear friend.
Hi guys... i need some major help.....I am carrying out this design using the Actel ProAsic3 FPGA. can you guysplease help me to implement a scrolling message display ....the words...