China Rapid Rail Network Will Expand To 50,000 Km By 2020

China's rapid rail network will expand to cover almost 80% of the cities with popular over half a million by 2020. China's high-speed railway network (HSR) is already the biggest in the world with railway lines extending to about 17,000 km and is expected to stretch to over 50,000 in the next 5 years, informed He Huawu, the Chief Engineer at China Railway Corporation. Majority of the new railway lines will be put up in the western parts of China.

The rapid rail network continues to be the backbone of China's transport industry. China has built over 3000 high speed trains with very high efficiency and advance technology. The trains carry about 3 million passengers on daily basis. China has also expressed interest in investing in building railway infrastructure in India.

China-Rapid-Rail-Network

Wang Mengshu, an expert from the Chinese Academy of Engineering informed China’s rapid rail network to reach 50,000km by 2020 - Global Times that the rail corporation has gathered lot of experience in the past few years. With the government support in both finance and technology, the target of achieving 50k Km of rapid rail routes should be possible within the expected time-frame.

China's high speed railways consume under 8kW of electricity for every 100 Km, which is about 6x lesser compared to energy consumed by airplanes. The new railway network will ensure better connectivity between China and Asia.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Apple-1 computer, hand-crafted by Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has been put for auction by Bonhams. This piece of history is available with a price tag between $300,000 to $500,000;...
With respect, i want to ask you about my project, which i didn't decide yet, i study in the field of IT, and i want to make a project on...
i need to monitor data on linux machines..can anyone suggest me ..what topics i have to study well on linux
A new medical device developed by engineers and scientists at the University of Arizona (UA) can provide an accurate diagnosis of the infection very quickly. Faster detection of the infection...
i am very fresh here, i am student of electrical engineering 7th semester and i am searching for FYP idea, any one of please can help me. i will be...