China buys cans of fresh air from Canada

Imagine having to pay for air!!! The situation in Beijing has become so severe, and the quality of air there so bad, people are actually buying their breaths from a Canadian venture..
We might laugh now, but given the recent developments in Delhi, Vitality Air, the company that provides the bottled air, might add India to its shipping list in the not-so-distant future..

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    When I first read the news, I was crestfallen. What has become of the world? It's a new low we've reached.

In my opinion, this is plain disgusting. To sell air as if it was a privilege or luxury, not a basic right. A startup company thinking how to make profit off people's situation instead of actively seeking to lower pollution levels <- definitely not the world you want to live in.

Telegraph reported that the company shared, "Our first shipment of 500 bottles of fresh air were sold in four days." Are we really putting our heads together for creating sustainable solutions?

How can they not see that the public will in due time see that producing mass quantities of these plastic & aluminum bottles will create more pollution, which means lesser fresh air, more diseases.

Has anyone seen the picture of this lady that is being circulated on social media along with the fresh-air-cans news?

china-pollution_3526951b
    It's such a sad picture. In this she is wearing a mask connected to the filter. And the smog in the background is clearly visible.
  • Tomson Thomas
    Tomson Thomas
    Turns out there's an app to let you know about the air quality in your city... It's called safar air...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple's iPad Pro has it all - stellar hardware, good software with its own ecosystem that does almost everything, a stylus aka Apple Pencil and a Smart Keyboard. I'm however...
MemNet, an algorithm developed by researchers from MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). The algorithm uses Artificial Intelligence to predict how memorable or forgettable an image is nearly...
A University of Utah-led study by biologist Nitin Phadnis has identified the long hunted hybrid inviability gene ‘gfzf’ responsible for a dead or infertile offspring when two species of fruit...
DataWind is back with its new Android tablet 'DataWind 7SC' as it continues to sail the tide of launching incredibly low-priced devices. Founded in Canada by brothers Suneet and Raja...
After getting a blow from Indian Supreme Court of banning new diesel cars and SUVs with engines bigger than 2000 cc, major diesel car manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra has come...