Check BSNL FTTH Usage

So I've this Fiber To The Home aka FTTH service from BSNL and it's taking forever to get activated. The ONT device has been installed and all the connections have been made, but thanks to the Government department that takes its own time to move. I browsed through the BSNL website but found no place to check FTTH usage.

Does anyone know a relevant link or webpage where we can check how much data we've consumed?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    all ISPs typically have webbased portals , where a specific user's data usage can be checked. Are you sure these is no webportal for BSNL?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've checked the BSNL official website, but there's no mention of a portal or login where one can login with FTTH credentials. BSNL does have a portal for the boradband users - Details: #-Link-Snipped-# but no such dedicated portal for FTTH users. I only want to check my basic FTTH data usage.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bumping an old thread; but I have an update. If you wish to check your BSNL FTTH usage, there's a dedicated portal launched by BSNL for it. It's can be accessed from #-Link-Snipped-# .

In order to login, you will need your Portal User ID; which would be in the format "XYZ#####". You should be able to get your portal user ID from your local BSNL staff that installed the ONT device in your premises. The password would also be obtained from them.

Once you are logged into the system, scroll down to the link that says "View your PostPaid Usage". Click on that link and then select your service (the dropdown should list it by default).

BSNL will then show all your account usage and list the history. One of the best thing about the service is that you can check the usage by hour and see if someone else hacked into your account or WiFi and used your connection to access Internet without your notice.
  • Saurav Harigovind
    Saurav Harigovind
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bumping an old thread; but I have an update. If you wish to check your BSNL FTTH usage, there's a dedicated portal launched by BSNL for it. It's can be accessed from #-Link-Snipped-# .

In order to login, you will need your Portal User ID; which would be in the format "XYZ#####". You should be able to get your portal user ID from your local BSNL staff that installed the ONT device in your premises. The password would also be obtained from them.

Once you are logged into the system, scroll down to the link that says "View your PostPaid Usage". Click on that link and then select your service (the dropdown should list it by default).

BSNL will then show all your account usage and list the history. One of the best thing about the service is that you can check the usage by hour and see if someone else hacked into your account or WiFi and used your connection to access Internet without your notice.
    Hi! I just tried, and the engineers who installed my FTTH said they do not know the login ID/password for the portal. Is it my FTTH number by any chance? (The one inputted in the router)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Just for the records' sake, there's a new portal that lets you check your current usage. Type data.bsnl.in. Login with your account credentials and select the month for which you want to view your usage.

It's possible that the usage isn't shown in real time. I expect it to be delayed by about 12 hours.

Saurav Harigovind
    Hi! I just tried, and the engineers who installed my FTTH said they do not know the login ID/password for the portal. Is it my FTTH number by any chance? (The one inputted in the router)
    Looks like we missed your post. You should be able to get the details from the FTTH officials. I had to get in touch with the senior officials to know the credentials. But it's been a consistent system since then.
  • Sanjay Patil
    Sanjay Patil
    Hi,
    Its been almost a fortnight I am trying to get my FTTH installed at my home. Thanks to lethargic attitude of BSNL employees. Now I understood why BSNL is loosing its customer base. I made the payment in advance to the BSNL (thankfully on BSNL's name) and the employees disappeared andnever answered calls for almost 20days. Finally, thank god they installed FTTH at my home. And now I am struggling to get my user name and password. God knows when we get the same.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Are you getting a good service now? How has the network been in the last 15 days?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: It looks like BSNL isn't showing the usage on data.bsnl.in anymore. I've been trying to check my usage and all I get is 'no records found' error. There's no notification from BSNL about this issue yet.

Have the systems changed? Does anyone know?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Update - It looks like BSNL has removed all the old data usage checking portals. They are recommending the BSNL app - which does list my account accurately.

However, when I try to check my data usage - it simply says 'try again', which is a completely useless feedback. 

If anyone knows the proper channel to check BSNL FTTH data usage, let me know. I'm curious to know how much I'm consuming monthly. 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Update: I found out an interesting site without an associated BSNL FTTH domain that quickly shows your usage. 

I found this by accident but this one seems to show your exact FTTH data usage, Service name, inbound traffic, outbound traffic. 

Visit: #-Link-Snipped-#

I bet this works only on FTTH connections and may not show accurate information for users visiting from other connections. 

Unfortunately, the USER LOGIN does not seem to work on this website. I tried with my BSNL FTTH username and password, but the system throws error. Apparently, the users will need different credentials. I however see no need to login. 

Do let me know if you find your current FTTH usage details on the site. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So I've this micro SD card that refuses to identify itself in variety of operating systems including Windows Vista, Windows 7 and OSX Mountain Lion. When I insert it into...
So while toying with my micro SD card, I found out that Android file system supports FAT 16. But upon further inspection, I found out a new type of file...
I am trying to make the project on online mailing system using asp.net but had a confusion how to start it and collect details to create it. please tell me...
can any buddy help out me about this project in matlab.. PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF FEC IN CDMA SYSTEM USING MATLAB am not a matlab profession please help out...
i am having 2 OS in my system one windows professional and another windows 8. i am getting problem in accessing(entering) into windows 8 OS. i am getting the message...