CEoM July 2013 : Questions / Answers / Feedback Thread

We're quite sure that all the participants of the CEoM contest are all geared up to register their name in the CrazyEngineers Hall Of Fame and win $100 cash prize.

CEoM July 2013 would be our first ever 'App-Based' contest and that means there will a ton of questions / doubts / feedback. This thread is dedicated to handling all of that!

If you have questions - feel free to ask them below, through comments on this post. We'll be answering them for you as soon as possible.

We'd also welcome your feedback to improve the CEoM App.

Important Links:-

1. CEoM App: #-Link-Snipped-#

2. CEoM Art Of Winning: #-Link-Snipped-#

3. CEoM Launch Announcement: Announcing CEoM : The Global Clash Of The Titans!

hand_thumbsupโ€‹
Wishing everyone all the best for the contest! โ€‹

Note: Applications for CEoM August will begin simultaneously with the launch of CEoM July 2013 competition.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CEom app works fine in the first part applications to the next month is shown

Waiting with fingers crossed for the second phase to kick in
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    MAn the app works super cool Never thought this long list of warriors are eagerly waiting for a chance at the pinnacle of success Loving the looks and We all know CE is going to be different from now on
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The scoring will start about 6 hours from now. I'm looking into adjusting the times now.

Don't worry, if you already made posts - they'll add to your score. We however recommend that you should wait until we officially announce the beginning of score counting.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The one who'll create the most useful and awesome threads will win the match. I see that the moderators are leading the lot. We hope you've the guts to beat them up! ๐Ÿ˜
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    See the CEoM app counts the replies to older threads also.There are 1000+ threads in each section, so just replying to all these threads will add up to a huge score, you know what am saying.
    I think activity during the particular month should be counted.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    white_hat
    See the CEoM app counts the replies to older threads also.There are 1000+ threads in each section, so just replying to all these threads will add up to a huge score, you know what am saying.
    If you replies to those old threads during this month, Yes your count will increased. But remember if we see any spam or irrelevant replies to any thread then you can report such replies and Moderator team will take action on that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    white_hat

It's actually as designed. Of course all the old threads are open for responses, but each new response would add only 20 points. We encourage all the users to initiate more discussion so that everyone benefits.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Kindly pls don't start thread just fro the sake of the points We are here to learn and also to make this place a better one

So I personally love to see some quality arguments here is some amazing titles

PS: Why not include a bonus point for the thread starter who pulls in maximum response here
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think that could be a part of our next CEoM update. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    One more Idea popped up ...!!

We can also give points for inviting people to CE, so whoever referral joins, the CEan who referred get some points...!!

This way more people would know about CE

PS: But abusing this thing would be drastic, we have to find some way to control it as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We dropped that idea. Those who want to join, will join without invitation. Inviting for the sake of getting more points isn't really what we want.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Single D-I-Y article = 500 points to 1000 points.
    Why ? Because D-I-Y Projects, needs load of hardwork. If I am consuming 2 days in collecting my project code, circuit schematic & gerber files & uploading it on CE with detailed explanation of how to connect which component to connect, which pin to configure,etc., then I guess it should be allotted more points.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    Single D-I-Y article = 500 points to 1000 points.
    Why ? Because D-I-Y Projects, needs load of hardwork. If I am consuming 2 days in collecting my project code, circuit schematic & gerber files & uploading it on CE with detailed explanation of how to connect which component to connect, which pin to configure,etc., then I guess it should be allotted more points.
    Good idea if we can implement such feature in next CEoM. Either CEoM app will increase point automatically or manually in case app is not smart enough to detect the thread is DIY or Tutorial.

My reason is that it's easy to get news source and create post based on that information. In case DIY or tutorial it will need your more time and it will also required user to be active on that thread.

If talk how CE will get benefit then DIY or Tutorial will bring traffic to CE for upcoming years too while news sharing threads brings traffic for small period of time (I am not sure about this please correct me if I am wrong).

Strong point is that such DIY and Tutorial threads are going to make CE technically strong which will again bring more active CEans in future.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : There's some complexity involved if we do not form an entirely new section for it [we can use CE Labs, of course]. But we haven't received many DIY projects on the site so far [those that have been contributed are exceptional!].

So at this point, I'm not sure if this would really make it to the App; but we'll surely consider this during our next update.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank you for this amazing initiative. I have managed to get some free time for CE because of this activity itself.

Anyway, I had a doubt. Can the gadget and Apps section contain any customizations we do to our gadgets? May it be on the hardware front pr the software? I suppose that could fall under "Apps" but I found it right to clarify it before posting it.

Thanks in advance for clarifying..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The forum sections are very generic and if you have any customisations related to gadgets or apps - they can be discussed under the gadgets/apps sections. If the customisations are more on the electronics/communications side of the devices you may host them in electrical / electronics engineering section.

I hope this answers your question.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The forum sections are very generic and if you have any customisations related to gadgets or apps - they can be discussed under the gadgets/apps sections. If the customisations are more on the electronics/communications side of the devices you may host them in electrical / electronics engineering section.

I hope this answers your question.
    Cool. That answers my question thanks a lot.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: I seem to be the top scorer so far ๐Ÿ˜จ, and that too when I've slowed down from my usual posting rate. Creating content isn't very hard, folks. Try the following-

1. Comment on VoiCE articles and build up a discussion. We write very interesting articles and if each of the participant starts commenting on them - we'll have very interesting discussions built up in no time.

2. Write about the problems and solutions you've encountered during your studies or at work.

3. Write app reviews in your own words.

4. Start an interesting debate. You may get idea from the Internet, but make sure you describe the debate in your own words.

5. Find latest technology news (I mean latest!) and make sure it's not already covered on CE. Describe it in your own words and ask questions to other CEans so that we can build up a discussion.

6. Write about any whacky, crazy idea - and seek opinions from other members.

Give it a try and see your score pass the 10,000 points benchmark in just a day or two.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    In engineering and news section, I saw a line that " you have insufficiant previleges to post here."
    What does it mean there?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CSK AUTO
    In engineering and news section, I saw a line that " you have insufficiant previleges to post here."
    What does it mean there?
    You're not allowed to post in that section. That section itself will be merged with our previous news section.
    okkkkkkk Sir.
    How to get my thread. in home page news section.Is there a way?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CSK AUTO
    How to get my thread. in home page news section.Is there a way?
    Well, we'd generally promote news threads created by our authors or the news that are totally worthy of attention are promoted. The news will have to be written with proper grammer and formatting before it can be promoted to the front page.
    Sir I want to know how the points are alloted?I have made 99 posts and got only 5points.could you explain please.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CSK AUTO
    Sir I want to know how the points are alloted?I have made 99 posts and got only 5points.could you explain please.
    CEoM score is different from the regular points you get here on CE. For CEoM scoring, please check the sidebar legend here : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We're half way through the competition and it seems to be totally out of control now ๐Ÿ˜ . #-Link-Snipped-# is leading by a huge margin!

But still there's 16 more days to go and as I said; anything can happen. What's stopping you people?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# You just removed yourself from competition! not done,buddy.
    beating you was my motive, you was my inspiration ๐Ÿ˜–
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# You just removed yourself from competition! not done,buddy.
    beating you was my motive, you was my inspiration ๐Ÿ˜–

๐Ÿ˜จ There's no point in me winning. But beating you is easy, even if I start now ๐Ÿ˜.

By the way - you may try and beat me in the number of posts & likes. That'd be a better target.

I disqualified myself because now I can post freely and make some room for the next in line.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜จ There's no point in me winning. But beating you is easy, even if I start now ๐Ÿ˜.
    Yeah, I know that. You're lucky that I don't have vacation.
    I look at scores & tell myself that "Don't let Biggie move ahead"
    So that was my driving force, well nevermind, now I have to assume that you are still very close to me ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Yes abhishek is on fire.Definitely he has an edge.Not to forgot biggie.
    I am waiting for my turn.Hope we soon will be in tough competition.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Not sure what to say about this competition Wish I never had retests and REretests for the subjects I flunked in first IAT
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Conqueror
    Not sure what to say about this competition Wish I never had retests and REretests for the subjects I flunked in first IAT
    I will be participating in every CEoM.You'll have plenty opportunities to beat me.
    Don't ruin studies for CEoM. Crack that shit now.
    Good luck ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've decided to change my mind on my participation in CEoM. I mean; if I win; I'll treat myself with the prize money. Don't want to make it an easy win for any of the CEans.

The July Competition will be cut-throat, folks. 'Cut-Throat'!

FTW!
    How to quote anyones comment?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    CSK AUTO
    How to quote anyones comment?

There's a small link called 'Reply' at the right hand side of every comment. Click on that and the entire content of the comment gets quoted in your reply.
    Ankita Katdare
    There's a small link called 'Reply' at the right hand side of every comment. Click on that and the entire content of the comment gets quoted in your reply.
    Thanks .Now I understand Sis
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    I will be participating in every CEoM.You'll have plenty opportunities to beat me.

Best of Luck for your next attempt,
    I am assuring you, You are not gonna win the next one**.

** considering I/"participant I am banking on" will be in town for 30 days of the month

-CB
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    Best of Luck for your next attempt,
    I am assuring you, You are not gonna win the next one**.

** considering I/"participant I am banking on"will be in town for 30 days of the month

-CB
    Good luck for that.

PS : Recheck the participants name for next CEOM ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Abhishek Rawal
    Good luck for that.

Why this attitude come on be of good sport here man
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Conqueror
    Why this attitude come on be of good sport here man
    Dude, I have lot of pending work because of current CEoM.
    I am sorry buddy but don't talk about attitude ffs.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Checked. Name is in the list, and If I am not wrong you will notice that even before next month's CEoM.

Best of Luck to you too...
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    CrazyGirl
    Checked. Name is in the list, and If I am not wrong you will notice that even before next month's CEoM.

I am saying that i am not participating for next month.
    I might change the decision if my work gets completed.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    H
    CrazyGirl

He meant that he will not be in next CEom
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am saying that i am not participating for next month.
    I might change the decision if my work gets completed.

Arms down, well before the fight?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    Yes sir, I have projects to do for 5th sem, sorry.
    I will participate in month of Diwali vacation though.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    BTW we are currently in competition right now.
    Beat me ?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Yes sir, I have projects to do for 5th sem, sorry.
    I will participate in month of Diwali vacation though.

Best of Luck Bro,
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Beat me ?

Sure? You challenging me? ๐Ÿ‘€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    Beat me ?
    Dude, not playing the next CEoM?

I was thinking CB, Conqueror and You'd be my toughest competitors for the next month!

[Not underestimating others, just looking at this month's leaderboard]
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was thinking CB, Conqueror and You'd be my toughest competitors for the next month!
    [Not underestimating others, just looking at this month's leaderboard]
    I couldn't give him a fight this month as I have to travel for almost two weeks till now ๐Ÿ˜”

Next month, โ˜• wait n watch.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CrazyGirl
    I couldn't give him a fight this month as I have to travel for almost two weeks till now ๐Ÿ˜”

Next month, โ˜• wait n watch.
    Every CEan with this attitude will improve CE a lot

That is the main objective of this event
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dude, not playing the next CEoM?

Now as CB & CrazyGirl are teaming up for competition for next CEOM, how the fuck can i back down ?
    I am in ! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Now as CB & CrazyGirl are teaming up for competition for next CEOM, how the fuck can i back down ?
    I am in ! ๐Ÿ˜

That's the spirit.
    I am teaming with you as well buddy. ๐Ÿ˜
    How to stop mails from CE flooding mail inbox?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    You can unsubscribe from email alerts.
    thank you @ Saandeep Sreerambatla

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Friends, i am looking for tutorials/manuals for ansys workbench 14 so that i can understand the working of ANSYS throughly. i already explore youtube but i need some material...
actually what happens when cache memory is cleared?is it the unwanted or wasted memory or is it something else? please explain in detail.
I like doing chat over mobile, using chat applications. In past I have used- WhatsApp, WeChat, Skype, Viber Other than these there are many apps in the market like Nimbuzz,...
The ministry of external affairs, India would soon say 'There's an app for that'. The MEA is getting ready to embrace the app-world with arms wide open and has promised...
Apple Inc. has now brought the new Macbook Air powered by Intel's 4th generation Haswell processor in India. Last month, the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2013 witnessed the unveiling of...