Cellphone Jammers

Hi

Recently a college in my city tried using cellphone jammers in the campus.
Unfortunately (and fortunately for the students) they had to uninstalled it as the public outside the campus got affected too.

Cellphone jammers are basically harmonics introduced in the same frequency that cellphones use right?

Is there a way to make these work only inside a desired area?

Thanks

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, you can always reduce the power levels of the signals emitted by the jammer to avoid jamming signals external to the campus. Then again, it's a trial and error method.

Fix a particular power level, check if outside phones are disturbed, then reduce the power level and so on until phones outside the desired area are not affected.

And if I'm not wrong, there'll be some relation between the power level and the distance upto which it can jam. Some simple formula or something, may be...
    Using that relation, we can roughly calculate the power required for effective jamming inside the campus only.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The solution which came across my mind is to decide on the installation point of the jammer and also on a hit and trial basis find out on which point power of signals are not affecting the public outside your campus.

-Crazy
  • yosha77
    yosha77
    Well many government officials are doing such kind of jammers in some areas for security reasons. So this one is quite clear that this is possible. We just have to find out how we can do it.

Thats really interesting guys that you have jammed the network of outsider as well. But this one is really amazing. I want to know if such kind of technology is available than why Government of India did not use this technology to block the mobile of terrorist of Mumbai Attack.

Just curious ...
    priti00
    Thats really interesting guys that you have jammed the network of outsider as well. But this one is really amazing. I want to know if such kind of technology is available than why Government of India did not use this technology to block the mobile of terrorist of Mumbai Attack.

It surely could have been blocked. but if that was blocked, then how would we have got all these proofs of Pakistani handlers involvement.
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    Anyway continuing the topic discussion, all jammers have a range radius. it can be adjusted. As said on above posts, this is internal power adjustment only. anyway since jammers are not unidirectional, range adjustment is the only solution.
    just as crazy said, install it at the middle of the campus and adjust range.
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    I can recommend a known brand which i have seen in action. C-Guard HPe. its remote controlled and fully digitized. you can adjust radius range between 10 meters to 1 Km.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Very interesting tech however I'd have to say I am against it. How would one call for emergency services if not next to a phone or indoors? What about a family emergency or other emergency info someone would need to contact you about? For me it would also infringe on my rights. I agree and understand no phone talking in lectures, but on campus?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yep. Now this turns in to a debate.

And yeah, if you look into it, jammers were originally intended for military use. It was designed to interrupt communications between terrorist groups when an operation is going on.

As with all technologies, what started as a defence tech came into the use of common people also. That's the problem.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    which college r u from ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, My name is michael. I am currently working in a project which is involving the broadcasting of a local community channel. My background is Computer Science engineer, and...
Hi, I have a machine design problem here. Actually, it's more of a dynamics problem. I designed a simple robot in Pro E (please refer to figure) and I have...
How to use compresed air inplace of screw pump for viscose liquid? please any body help me
I have a 400 by 640 matrix of ones and zeros. The zeros are near each other and I want to know if there is a function by which i...
hey can anyone add 2 positive integers without using any arithmetic operators. no use of even shift operators. 😕😕😕