CE Weekend Discussion #2 - Topic Announcement

CEans, after the successful CE Weekend Debate #1, we're ready with our next debate. The details of the event as follows -

TOPIC
"Should Non IT/Computer Engineers Work In Software / IT Jobs?"
Time: Saturday, 4 May - 3 PM - 4 PM (IST)

The discussion will be open for everyone. No prior confirmation is necessary. As with the earlier debate, the best contributor will be declared as the winner and will receive a gift voucher from us.​
Tips for participants -​
1. Study the topic well and come up with unique points that add value to the discussion.​
2. Copy-pasting quotes, paragraphs & references should be avoided.​
3. Your post should not be more than 50-60 words in length. If you write several paragraphs, we'd simply ignore it. ​
4. Be online at least 15 minutes prior to the event. We'll make announcements while the discussion is on. Ignoring the discussion will result into elimination from the discussion. ​
5. The decisions by the discussion moderators will be FINAL and will remain unchallenged. ​
6. Keep an eye on this post for updates. (IMPORTANT).​
Your questions/doubts/feedback are welcome as comments below. ​

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Going to interesting and eye opening discussion for freshers..
    😀
  • Harin Bhavsar
    Harin Bhavsar
    When "Change is the new Constant" is the trend, I personally do not feel that Non IT Engineers should restrict to core field.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bharin
    When "Change is the new Constant" is the trend, I personally do not feel that Non IT Engineers should restrict to core field.
    Have you read the announcement yet? Please re-read the first post.
  • elizabethraws
    elizabethraws
    Well I am a Non IT person but still I am doing some the difficult IT works. I Started learning these things with my work. I know IT person can do this job easily, but doing IT works depend upon your interest.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Nice topic chosen..😀
  • Kim Joshua
    Kim Joshua
    After some Lectures that engineer really need a few years of work so he/she can apply all the things that He/She learned in some lectures.And an Engineer with few years of experience or training is prone to get a better result to become a good , preferred and a successful engineer.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST!
    THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DEBATE ON THE TOPIC
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST!
    THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DEBATE ON THE TOPIC
    LOL!

On topic: I'll try to participate in this debate.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    An ongoing trend. Nice topic to discuss upon. 😀
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    unfortunately i am busy again this time.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope people haven't forgotten the schedule. Hope to see huge participation tomorrow.
  • crazy_newton
    crazy_newton
    nice TOPIC !
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Could debate be postponed to just 7 pm or later please..

I have exam two exams tommorow.. 😔
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    We are on. You said be online 15 mins before the debate starts. Excitement dragged us here 30 mins before the start !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm expecting lower turnout today. But CEans have proved me wrong several times in the past.

I've a feeling that we should have called for entries. Still 12 minutes to go.
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    It feels as if i am fighting against myself. No one is debating. 😛
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    May be the university exams are spoiling the debate fun. Almost all the IITs and NITs are done with their exams but the university students are yet to get over with it.
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    Just a suggestion - next time please announce the debate commencement and also confirmation from the members so that we can gather a lot of people. Debate is for two views/sides. In this case there was not much of opposition. Both the protagonist and antagonist were playing word games that is it. 😛😁
    Anyways. Great Experience.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For the debate #1, we had to 'restrict' the participation. It looks like Saturday didn't suit CEans. I've been told that exams are going on in many Universities.

Next debate will happen on Sunday. A new topic will be posted day after tomorrow, on Monday.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    It was yesterday? I thought the discussion was scheduled to be on Sunday. Overlooked the day.😭 Yes please schedule it on Sunday. As that is considered as a common holiday for everyone.
  • graphite
    graphite
    Yes according to me our debate sessions should be conducted on Sunday's only and so that we would have many CEans participating.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    anuraadha
    It was yesterday? I thought the discussion was scheduled to be on Sunday. Overlooked the day.😭 Yes please schedule it on Sunday. As that is considered as a common holiday for everyone.
    I mistook it for Sunday as well,my bad!😳
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From now on, the debates will be on Sunday.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Oh, thanks sir, 😀

BDW, who is the winner of second debate..?
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    Sanyam Khurana
    Oh, thanks sir, 😀

BDW, who is the winner of second debate..?
    Even I have the same doubt.. Who is the winner ?? 😛
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    Who is the winner of 2nd Debate ?😒
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AbhinavS
    Who is the winner of 2nd Debate ?😒
    Announcement will be made soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Micromax's Canvas phone series is definitely cracking it up and good in Indian smartphones market. Remember the last time, when Micromax A116 Canvas HD got sold out in 15 minutes?...
It is amazing to see the pace of research happening in the field of batteries and chargers. Given that 'going compact' is our anthem and cellphones or handhelds the present...
Amazon's Kindle has arrived in India via the popular digital goods distributor, Redington as its distribution partner. BGR reports that the agreement between Amazon & Redington was signed a few...
Laser illuminated microscope now allows researchers to see objects that are only 10nm wide. The super-resolution optical microscope does not require fluorescent dyes and it's being claimed that this advancement...
Please take a look at my confusion- - Small signal equivalent ckts and Large signal equivalent ckts = transistor eq ckts operating at ac signals of low amplitude and at...