CE Weekend Debate #4 : Topic Announcement

Here's the topic of CE Weekend Discussion #3 -

Is Modern Internet Flooding Us With More Useless Information Than Useful One?

Description:​
There were times when Internet had simple informative pages which you could access and get information. But Internet has evolved and we're fed with huge amount of mixed information: Right from whether your friend's cat has pooped on sofa to life saving emergency numbers during earthquakes.​
The debate will focus on how the Internet is being consumed: more for useless information or useful one. You're free to interpret the topic in any way you want.​
Schedule: Sunday, 19 May, 2013 | Time : 3 - 4 PM (IST)

Location: CE Debate Section : Is Modern Internet Flooding Us With More Useless Information Than Useful One?

The debate is open for participation. So mark your calendars & clocks. The winner will receive a gift voucher from CrazyEngineers! 👍

Tips for participants -

1. Study the topic well and come up with unique points that add value to the discussion.
2. Copy-pasting quotes, paragraphs & references should be avoided.
3. Your post should not be more than 50-60 words in length. If you write several paragraphs, we'd simply ignore it.
4. Be online at least 15 minutes prior to the event. We'll make announcements while the discussion is on. Ignoring the discussion will result into elimination from the discussion.
5. The decisions by the discussion moderators will be FINAL and will remain unchallenged.
6. Keep an eye on this post for updates. (IMPORTANT).
Your questions/doubts/feedback are welcome as comments below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll go ahead and tag all the previous participants. Hope to see you guys in debates -
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Interesting😎.A prize should be given to you for electing such thought-provoking topics!😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Whats In Name
    Interesting😎.A prize should be given to you for electing such thought-provoking topics!😁
    I'm not sure if I'll ever be eligible to participate in such contests. 😕
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Sir, you tagged me but I didn't get any notification, is it a bug..? 😳
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Even I didn't got the notification,I didn't noticed at first!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanyam Khurana
    Sir, you tagged me but I didn't get any notification, is it a bug..? 😳
    I realised that it wasn't a notification. I simply copied the name from earlier thread. I'll have to manually enter the names so that each one of the tagged CEan receives a notification. Let me do that now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, did you get notified now?
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    I got the notification now.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Yes Sir, got the notification. 😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure if I'll ever be eligible to participate in such contests. 😕
    You can and should participate.
    All the mod team members should become discussion coordinator one by one (round robin), and remaining may participate (though just for participation; not for prize 😉). That way it would be fun for the cops as well??

Not a bad idea, right?

-CB
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Nice topic Biggie sir, this one is really worth discussing on.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

well well lets not treat the mods as cops.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Sorry I missed it. I have an exam tomorrow.
  • sulochana anand
    sulochana anand
    thanx I shall participate in nex debate
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#

It would be great if you help in improving CE Debates and give your suggestions here :-

CE Weekend Debate Suggesstions
  • sulochana anand
    sulochana anand
    Is Modern Internet Flooding Us With More Useless Information Than Useful One?is burning topic for todays scenario.discussion should be not only discussion it should be followed by us too

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

public String getUserID(String usernmae, String password) { String flag = ""; try { if (true) { socket = new Socket("localhost", 8080); dos = new DataOutputStream(socket.getOutputStream()); dos.writeUTF("SignIn"); dos.writeUTF(username); dos.writeUTF(password); dis =...
Ever since Marissa Mayer took over the control at Yahoo, the company's managed to grab some attention from the media. This time, it's about Yahoo's plans to buy Tumblr -...
Google's launched 'Native Client' a new technology that will allow developers to run their native C, C++ compiled code on the web; as a part of the web apps. Native...
What is a dangling name and Dangling Pointer????
can u explain me clearly about automation in transmission substations ????