CE Telephonic Interviews

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello CEans![/FONT]

Lot of CEans are in their third/final year of Engineering. As students, they seldom get chance to face real life situations where they actually face the interviews. The first interview scares us to death. In order to make our CEan more prepared & confident for the Job Interviews (technical/HR) we have started an #-Link-Snipped-#. We go a step further and announce the actual Mock Interviews. The owner of this initiative would be Mayur (team editorial) who will be responsible for arranging and conducting all your interviews.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]CE รข€“ Mock Interviews will be telephonic in nature. The procedure is as follows -[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Send your resume to : #-Link-Snipped-#[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We will go through your resume and arrange for the 'right' people to Interview you.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We will send you the Date/Time of the Interview (probably weekend) along with our contact number, where you will have to call on the D-day.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You'll be grilled for about 20-30 minutes. We'll note down the areas where you screw up and also the areas where you do a good job. [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We'll send the feedback to you through the email, keeping everything strictly confidential.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We'll request you to share your experience on the forums so that others also benefit & learn from you.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Oh, and in the whole process, you only pay for the phone call that you make. Everything else, is 'FREE'.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Sounds great? It is! Questions? Flood them in reply to this post![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]-The Big K-[/FONT]

Replies

• Kartik Vyas
    Kartik Vyas
    Re: Engineering Students: CE Telephonic Interviews

What a gem of an idea. I am sure that this is going to help the engineers out a lot. I remember how I and my friends were fretting before the start of the interview season. Great going CE!๐Ÿ˜

-KGV
  • Neha
    Neha
    Thats a great initiative, Biggie!!!
    Get ready to receive the mail soon Mayur๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Neha
    Thats a great initiative, Biggie!!!
    Get ready to receive the mail soon Mayur๐Ÿ˜€
    Neha, thanks for the compliments. The idea popped from our own CEan - Mayur's brain. He's such a creative guy .

The purpose is simple. While we interviewd freshers, we found out that many of them have the talent & technical knowledge, but do not know how to bring it up during interviews.

We'll also be providing tips on building a better resume. Let's hope that this activity helps lot of our fellow CEans.

Oh yes, let me tell you that we are collecting tips from real life managers who have been in industry for years and have conducted 100s of interviews. We'll release an article on CE soon.
    -The Big K-
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Hi Neha,

Thank you for appreciating the idea. Great to know that your thinking has been acknowledged. ๐Ÿ˜€

I'm looking forward to receiving your resume. Understand that you can refrain from giving your contact details, except your functional e-mail id. Any thing you share with us will be kept confidential.

One more thing, we are not limiting this service only for CEans. Your friends who wish to get interviewed may also approach us. We are here to help

Keep posting! Its good for health.
  • Neha
    Neha
    I faced an interview recently and what I noticed is that besides the technical knowledge and communication skills, your confidence level has a great role to play. If you are confident enough, the chances to clear doubles!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Neha
    I faced an interview recently and what I noticed is that besides the technical knowledge and communication skills, your confidence level has a great role to play. If you are confident enough, the chances to clear doubles!!
    Neha has a valid point. The main objective behind CE Interviews is to help CEans (who are new to Interviews) face the interview process with confidence.

There are tons of 'Personality Development' institutes which train people how to face interview. But we realized, the advice is wrongly understood by students. I'll post funny experiences from actual interviews just to make a point and there is lot to learn from these experiences.

I request all CEans to take the post-interview feedback that you receive from CE seriously and work on it.

-The Big K-
  • DEP
    DEP
    The_Big_K
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello CEans![/FONT]

Lot of CEans are in their third/final year of Engineering. As students, they seldom get chance to face real life situations where they actually face the interviews. The first interview scares us to death. In order to make our CEan more prepared & confident for the Job Interviews (technical/HR) we have started an #-Link-Snipped-#. We go a step further and announce the actual Mock Interviews. The owner of this initiative would be Mayur (team editorial) who will be responsible for arranging and conducting all your interviews.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]CE รข€“ Mock Interviews will be telephonic in nature. The procedure is as follows -[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Send your resume to : #-Link-Snipped-#[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We will go through your resume and arrange for the 'right' people to Interview you.[/FONT]
    3. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We will send you the Date/Time of the Interview (probably weekend) along with our contact number, where you will have to call on the D-day.[/FONT]
    4. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You'll be grilled for about 20-30 minutes. We'll note down the areas where you screw up and also the areas where you do a good job. [/FONT]
    5. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We'll send the feedback to you through the email, keeping everything strictly confidential.[/FONT]
    6. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We'll request you to share your experience on the forums so that others also benefit & learn from you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Oh, and in the whole process, you only pay for the phone call that you make. Everything else, is 'FREE'.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Sounds great? It is! Questions? Flood them in reply to this post![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]-The Big K-[/FONT]

mayur && big_k,

hats off to you guys !!!
    its an awesome idea...
    i am preparing my resume as well...
    i need your guidance.i really dont know how to prepare an organized
    and a good resume.
    this might sound foolish on my part but can u please help me out.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    DEP
    mayur && big_k,

hats off to you guys !!!
    its an awesome idea...
    i am preparing my resume as well...
    i need your guidance.i really dont know how to prepare an organized
    and a good resume.
    this might sound foolish on my part but can u please help me out.
    Sure, you will have to wait for some time until we work on the Resume writing tips. ๐Ÿ˜€

- The Big K-
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Hi All,

I guess both of you are still in your colleges. So it might be apparent that you have not undergone much of the process. Both me and biggie are hardened souls ๐Ÿ˜‰

You need not worry, if CEans commit some thing, we deliver results of the highest value. I have myself conducted and sat in many interviews. I'm not an expert, but have seen enough to tell you what works on the resume and what doesn't. So by the time biggie sets up resume builder tips, you may send me a draft copyof your resumes. I will work on it and create a best possible CV.

As for confidence, it builds up as you practice more. The key is to be yourself and not panic. If you answer well, you win. If you dont, you have nothing to lose.

You can always contact if you have any difficulty.
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    thats a really cool idea .... though not as real as a 1 on 1 mock interview it will surely giv the participants an idea of the kinda questions asked ... and please people it should not take u an interview to realise that ur confidence is what is tested there ... another tip for an interview never bluff
  • DEP
    DEP
    hi big_k

i want to know about the mock interviews thing.i mean when are you planning to start them??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    DEP
    hi big_k

i want to know about the mock interviews thing.i mean when are you planning to start them??
    Hi DEP,

Mock interview service has been launched. All you have to do is send your resume to CEan - Mayur ( #-Link-Snipped-# ) . After analyzing your resume, you'll be provided with tips & we'll arrange for an interviewer. You'll be given a number where you'll have to call.

In the whole process, you only pay for the telephone call that you make. Everything else is free. ๐Ÿ˜€

Once the telephonic interview is over, we'll provide feedback to you. The feedback will be strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone.

For more details, please refer post#1 in this thread. If you still have questions, drop a line to Mayur.

-The Big K-
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Lot of replies and queries have come up regarding this initiative from CE. However we still dont have a volunteer who can step up for first CE mock interview.

The service is already on offer. I'm begining to wonder if CEans have understood the value of this service or not. Are you all well equipped to face interviews or do you think the method is not right?

Let your suggestions flow.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Hello mayur sir. Can I send my resume now... I am sorry I read this post today only... Please let me know..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Closing old thread.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    This is very old thread. but this is really good idea.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Yeah but I'm afraid I guess it is now not possible to restart the campaign!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wish you could help me preparing for Gre with sample questions in Verbal.Im foxed .do not know where to start.
dear friends, give me the link for strength of materials by timoshenko ebook. regards jp
Hi, I am a student of CS-II year. I want to know that how and where i can do the summer training after completing my 2nd year?
Hi everybody, Can anybody help me with soft copy of book titled "Analysis,Synthesis and Design of Chemical Processes " by Richard Turton - a Prentice Hall publication. If available kindl...
Many HaPpy Returns of the day Chavat Mulga (he's one of the early members of CE) & are you ready ! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ ๐ŸŽ‰Party On Dudes! May your dreams come true!...