CE Meet @ Pune/Mumbai (India) - Join In!

CEans,

The thought has been around for a long time on CE - CrazyEngineers offline meet!

I'm sure each one of us would love to meet other CEans offline. I'm currently located in Pune (India) and we may have a meet here. The date, time & agenda is yet to be fixed. So in this thread we will -

1. Find out who's interested in CE Meet.
2. Choose a suitable date & time [and venue as well]
3. Fix the agenda for the meet.

Even if you can't join us for the meet, please do spread the word through Email or IMs [or whatever way you can].

Jump in!

Count = 1 now. [Confirmed]

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Re: CE Meet @ Pune (India) - Join In!

1. moi!!
    2. Mumbai (preferably) .. Pune (June onwards) ... Saturday and Sunday
    3. CEans can be the ambassadors of CE at their colleges to post latest happenings on their campuses. We could then have one more section on the main page - Campus Rumpus. What say?
    4. Saw the celab.tk site. First thought that it is some celebrity site ๐Ÿ˜€, then saw the site itself. Suggest further PoA be discussed about the different projects on the same.

Count++;
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

We'll announce the D-day at least 1 month in advance, so that it will be convenient for most of us to join in.

Moreover, the meet will happen on weekend.

๐Ÿ˜€ [Oh yes, the success of the meet depends on YOU. Yes, Y-O-U! So spread the word! ]

Location Preferences Votes:

Pune: 1 [Big K]
    Mumbai: 2 [Kidakaka, Big K]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Malaysia: 1 [Ash]

*grin*

Okay, maybe in a couple of years ๐Ÿ˜›

4. Saw the celab.tk site. First thought that it is some celebrity site :smile:, then saw the site itself. Suggest further PoA be discussed about the different projects on the same.
    Hmm.. PoA? POA - What does POA stand for? The Free Dictionary
    Is it..
    - Ponies of America?
    - Procrastinators of America ?

๐Ÿ˜›
  • mahul
    mahul

I would lose for sure, but i would love to join, anyway my vote would be for kolkata
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Guys, let's keep the discussion confined to CE-Meet.๐Ÿ˜€

Let's keep the location Pune or Mumbai unless we have some serious organizers who are ready to take the initiative.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya

ash
    Malaysia: 1 [Ash]

*grin*

Okay, maybe in a couple of years ๐Ÿ˜›

Hmm.. PoA? POA - What does POA stand for? The Free Dictionary
    Is it..
    - Ponies of America?
    - Procrastinators of America ?

๐Ÿ˜›
    Plan of Action @ Ash ๐Ÿ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Thanks a lot Kida for explaining the meaning of POA. I was foxed by the abbreviation too.
    @biggie: Your idea is good but can it materialize. What about the money, a place for members to stay, food will have to be served. All this needs money.
    Like SAE and IEEE and other societies like IMA (Indian Medical Association) etc let us first make chapters of CE eg Delhi chapter, Mumbai chapter, Egypt, Malaysia etc
    We can first have the meeting of a chapter where all the locals can come. After 2-3 such meets we should decide about the Combined CE meet.
    We can also search for companies that would be willing to have their name associated with CE and will sponsor all such projects though all members will also have to pay some fees.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Oh, I should have mentioned that. Of course this is not a sponsored meet. Anyone who's free on our date and can come down to venue, is welcome.

We've a long way to go before we can host a all sponsored CE World Meet. So I request CEans in Pune/Mumbai to join in!

But one thing is sure - we must get started somewhere. All of you are free to host CE meets in your cities! In fact, it would be really great if some of you can initiate CE meets in your cities.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Count me in. My take would surely be Mumbai. But I'm open to travel to Pune for a day.

As a point of action (PoA) I think we should pen down the agenda and the duration of the meet. This will be helpful in deciding the venue. My suggestion is that lets keep the meet very playful and with all possibilities should be held in a resort accessible to all of you guys. If it is going to be Mumbai then I'll take the responsibility for the arrangements with some help from locals who wish to join.

In all cases I suggest the minimum participants at 5. Number of participants will govern the choice of venue.

And guys, this is going to be the self help meet. So be ready!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Forgot to mention, Patty the idea of chapters and sponsorship is excellent but it will take time to materialize.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I agree with Mayur.

I believe Resort would be a good option if the count exceeds 10. Otherwise, I think we can gather at CCD / Barista for a coffee & chit-chat.

(That's just a suggestion!)

CEans, don't just read this thread, join in!

Update: Let's have 5-6 meets in various cities across the world [CEans belonging to a city can get together]. Once we know that our meets are successful, we'll organize a bigger, sponsor-enabled ๐Ÿ˜ , meet. What do you say?

So, do we have leaders here?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Yeah. We need good participation. Lets tentatively keep the date as the last Sunday of June (28-6-2008). Just a suggestion.

We also need to pen down the agenda. Here I'm adding a few points-
    1. CE Editorial team- official incorporation and activities distribution.
    2. CE Labs- Discussion on how to go ahead.
    3. Formation of CE creative & CE promoters team.
    4. Sponsorships, if we can get and if we need them or not.
    5. Structuring of CE.

Your take... there may be many other suggestions. Just waiting to hear them.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya

As far as the costing/funding of the meet is concerned, lets keep it TTMM - Tere Tu Mere Main ๐Ÿ˜€ .. or Dutch. CCD or a Barista would do.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

I'm in complete agreement for a TTMM. Just in case if the audience is large, a CCD or a Barista may not suffice. So we will need to book a place, which means we will need to collect and mobilize funds prior to the meet.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

There you go fellas!

It entirely depends on how many us gather. In my personal opinion, there won't be more than 10 members. Assuming that there won't be >10 members,

I propose following ๐Ÿ˜

1. All of us gather for Lunch/Coffee
    2. Discuss stuff (Ref: Mayur's Post)
    3. Go to a nearby Multiplex and watch a movie. ๐Ÿ˜

This can be pretty much TTMM.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Wow Wow Wow!

I'm up on my toes already. Biggie put a poll on Pune and Mumbai and if there is any other city people prefer to meet (only in India, sorry folks!)

Lets do it for sure this time.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Muwahah!

Sure thing! I'll post an announcement on the front page of CE as well ๐Ÿ˜‰

But mouth-to-mouth publicity helps. Let's spread the word ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm

Be sure to post lots of photos for those of us who would have too long of a swim to join in.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yep! I 'personally' take the responsibility of the photographs. We'll put them here ๐Ÿ˜‰ !

Where are all the people from Pune, Mumbai & nearby areas? Hello!
  • MaRo
    MaRo

Good luck guys ๐Ÿ˜
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Thanks Buddy... We need that!
  • Er.AtulSingh
    Er.AtulSingh

HI all
    I would be very glad to be a part of the Meet
    Just decide the Date, time n venue .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yes sire, that's what we're discussing. Right now, we've votes for Mumbai & Pune [Venue, TBD].

All we need is some good response. So help us spread the word!
  • just2rock
    just2rock

IO would like to join offline...at Kolkata

Topic of discussion:-How to spread the word CE all around !
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Sure why not? We certainly will have a laptop and net connectivity.

CEans... Wake up. Look forward to more response for this thread.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Hey, excellent idea! I guess we can setup a live cam at the CE Meet for the rest of us to join ๐Ÿ˜€

What a wonderful idea!
  • just2rock
    just2rock

๐Ÿ˜So. ultimately this Offline Idea of mine makes a wonderful new innovation...for all of us to join Ce meet..not being present their physically....wallA! I should be rewarded .....once again;-)

Blog :-#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Sure thing! Be there whenever we will host this conference.
  • suyash
    suyash

I'm in...

location wise, both are okay for me (mumbai and pune)
    but pune is better

but I can confirm only after the final date is finalised... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Good to hear that from you Suyash. The location is going to be one of those. Lets gather some more participation, we will soon finalize the date.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Don't worry about dates/venue & agenda. We'll make sure that its announced at least one month in advance. ๐Ÿ˜€

I guess we should put up an advertisement in local newspaper ๐Ÿ˜‰ What say?
  • suyash
    suyash

The_Big_K
    Don't worry about dates/venue & agenda. We'll make sure that its announced at least one month in advance. ๐Ÿ˜€

I guess we should put up an advertisement in local newspaper ๐Ÿ˜‰ What say?
    thanks for the one month advance notice...
    but since I would be going to Hyderabad on June 23rd to begin with my first day at work, I doubt it would be possible for me at a later date after that ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Hmmm. Thats a genuine concern. But we will surely work out a way around it.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    so lets make it before june 23rd ๐Ÿ˜€ ... 21st june .. wat say? Its a saturday folks!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I'm on for it. What say guys?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm game! [โ€‹IMG]

So its three of us now. What about the venue & the agenda?

I'll need it to announce on the front page ๐Ÿ˜ and all over the forums ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's the list of probables ๐Ÿ˜

1. CEan - Mayank (From Pune)
    2. CEan - Pradeepagrawal
    3. CEan - Xero (from Nagpur, Currently in Pune)
    4. CEan - KGV (from Nagpur, Might be in Mumbai)

Way to go guys! :mrgeen:

So the count is Confirmed: 3 + Probables 4 => 7 ! woo hoo !
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ๐Ÿ˜’Add another 3 and we will have our threshold achieved. Agenda was discussed in my old post (refer post no. 13) Add or modify a thing or two and we are all set.

Venue, well for such a small audience, I suggest CCD at the FC road. Time would be around 4 pm. After the meeting we can push off for a movie or for a dinner at Banjara Hills.๐Ÿ˜

What say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    ๐Ÿ˜’Add another 3 and we will have our threshold achieved. Agenda was discussed in my old post (refer post no. 13) Add or modify a thing or two and we are all set.

Venue, well for such a small audience, I suggest CCD at the FC road. Time would be around 4 pm. After the meeting we can push off for a movie or for a dinner at Banjara Hills.๐Ÿ˜

What say?
    Okay! ๐Ÿ˜

I'll try to chip in more folks from Pune. There are long time lurkers I know who don't like to type. ๐Ÿ˜

I'm sure CEan - Prady will join in. Probably we'll get more numbers if the meet is in Pune !

So, let's keep it Barista / CCD on FC Road ๐Ÿ˜ on 21st June. What say fellas?

ps: We'll try to have a live video streaming through Skype/YM so that CEans from all over the world can join in online!
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    I am also interested. I am available on all weekend and i will prefer Pune as Venue. I am a Computer Science graduate, so as per my field some points of discussion can be:
    1. Project we are currently working
    2. New technology/tools/process we are using to increase productivity/quality of work
    3. What we can do all together.

Others, please add your suggestions also.

-Pradeep
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Welcome Pradeep. You are fourth confirm member who will be attending in person.
    Wow I cant hide my excitement. :myparty:

Lets rock guys!!!:dance:
  • suyash
    suyash
    21st June, is final then... ??
    Aww... It's no use now, but since 23rd is my joining date, I will be leaving Nagpur on 21st June itself ๐Ÿ˜” , or else I would have already been packing for the CE meet...

If possible, can we make it a week earlier, say on 14th June??

anyways, best luck for the CE meet guys...
    make it a one huge successful day !!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thumbs Up @ Pradeep.

I had a chat with CEan Mayank & CEan Xero and both of them are interested. So I guess we can count them in ! ๐Ÿ˜

Count => 6 ๐Ÿ˜

Suyash - I'm not sure about 14th June. If its not possible for you to attend, you can very well join in through Video Conference ๐Ÿ˜

I hope my reliance netConnect will be fast enough to support the video conference.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Regarding project discussions, is it possible to set up a place where CEans can work on experiments or projects? Perhaps rent a workshop or something?

Xero is still around? Haha.. what is he up to these days?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Regarding project discussions, is it possible to set up a place where CEans can work on experiments or projects? Perhaps rent a workshop or something?

Xero is still around? Haha.. what is he up to these days?
    Posting on Xero's behalf -

I'm alive and great these days. Will be visible on CE pretty soon, and its nice thinking of setting up a CE Research Lab TM.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Way to go folks!
    CE's banned in his office and he can't access. We're certainly making progress, what say guys? ๐Ÿ˜

Okay, the dates are final: 21st June @ Pune. Spread the word, fellas! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    *Knock Knock*

Any updates? Lets list down people who are coming. Folks, add me to your gtalk those who all are interested to join in. I think the last count was 6.

mayur[at]crazyengineers[dot]com
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mayur, I think we'll have lots of CEans joining in who aren't regular in discussions. I'll confirm their names and let you know. We'll also have to collect everyone's phone number to ensure that we all are at the venue 5 minutes before time ๐Ÿ˜
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Yes agreed. The interested ones can send their contact details to us by email. But can we have the ones who have agreed already? The reason is, if the population is more, we will need to make arrangements accordingly.
  • mahend
    mahend
    i am excited.. nice idea! i am not an active participant in this forum. But hereafter. Unfortunately i am not in india right now.. May be next time guys. And also i can not speak hindi. Is it a problem there?

Thanks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahend
    i am excited.. nice idea! i am not an active participant in this forum. But hereafter. Unfortunately i am not in india right now.. May be next time guys. And also i can not speak hindi. Is it a problem there?

Thanks.
    Of course not! In fact, we clearly say in our forum rules that the language for interaction is English!

This is our first meet. We'll have many such meets in different parts of the world. We'd love to have you in one of our meets!

Do tell your friends who are in Pune/Mumbai to join in!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey mumbai will do,want something definately temme !!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We'll have another meet in Mumbai! We've maximum number of CEans from Pune this time.

We'll announce the venue soon. Most probably, it will be CCD/Barista.
  • joe3204
    joe3204
    Count me in. By the way, how many CEans are coming for sure??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Joe!

This is our first CE Meet. Here's the list of CEans who have confirmed: -

1. Moi ๐Ÿ˜
    2. MayurPathak
    3. Kidakaka
    4. PradeepAgrawal
    5. Mayank
    6. Prady
    7. Saurabh
    8. Joe3204 (you!)
    9. More will confirm soon.

[Probables: KGV from Mumbai, KK from Pune, Kedarjk from Pune, PKS from Pune]

We'll have a meet even if there are 6-7 of us. We'll have coffee together and discuss few things about CE.

This is our first CE meet so let's see how things go. We'll plan more CE meets in Pune/Mumbai in coming days.
  • joe3204
    joe3204
    Can't wait. what about the venue??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CCD/Barista on FC Road or Law College Road. Not fixed yet ๐Ÿ˜€

We'll announce it on a week in advance.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Biggie you forgot the date in your post. Its going to be 21st June.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Btw, I'll be free to use a webcam that day. So technically I'm in too! ๐Ÿ˜› Just make sure you set the meeting time in GMT ๐Ÿ˜‰

(psst, perhaps its possible to smuggle your webcam into the cinema too? lol)
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    This is our first CE Meet. Here's the list of CEans who have confirmed: -

1. Moi ๐Ÿ˜
    2. MayurPathak
    3. Kidakaka
    4. PradeepAgrawal
    5. Mayank
    6. Prady
    7. Saurabh
    8. Joe3204 (you!)
    9. More will confirm soon.

[Probables: KGV from Mumbai, KK from Pune, Kedarjk from Pune, PKS from Pune]
    Oh thats great Ash. I'm just updating Biggie's post. Here is a list of people who will be physically present. We should also have a list of CEans who wish to be present on a webcam too.

CEans currently present online will be
    1. Ash

Now add more number and pour in your entry for 21st June. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Btw, I'll be free to use a webcam that day. So technically I'm in too! ๐Ÿ˜› Just make sure you set the meeting time in GMT ๐Ÿ˜‰

(psst, perhaps its possible to smuggle your webcam into the cinema too? lol)
    Meh! - (for the cam in cinema! ...and then you will ask us to translate it into English!)

Yep, its 21st June ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hey, thats double standards! What happened to English being the form of interaction. Watch an English movie! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Hey, thats double standards! What happened to English being the form of interaction. Watch an English movie! ๐Ÿ˜›
    Ah you caught me! ๐Ÿ˜ก

Okay. But I haven't yet sneaked a webcam in a cinema hall. Let's see how it goes ๐Ÿ˜.

Btw, movie is entirely optional. Mayur has 'warned' that CE meet shouldn't be boring.

This is our first meet and there's a big learning curve involved !
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Hi guys, ive been away to a different city for a while and wanted to reply to this thread (weak net, so replied one thread before got d/c)!

Anyway, I was seriously thinking of coming to Pune because i have a few friends in Sangli and Bombay. But after a looong discussion with my brain, I think it will be difficult due to my health and also because I will return late (14thJune) back to Dubai! Oh, I wanted to be in Pune sooo badly! This is something new.

So Ill be coming online to watch the proceedings in Barista or CCD! (CCD could be better, choose good music and broadcast it to all of us online! ๐Ÿ˜€

Looking forward to it ๐Ÿ˜€

As for the discussions, we can talk about (as others have said):

-New CE Lab projects including Ce Bot and CE Messenger.
    -How to productively expand CE. (Not just by number of members)
    -A brief look at potential "Small-talk" candidates.
  • suyash
    suyash
    I can also attend the CE meet online with the help of a Web cam...
    but it totally depends on the time of the meet... i.e. if its held in the afternoon (IST)

since I've a flight to catch in the evening on 21st ๐Ÿ˜Ž hehe... No seriously, I'm not kidding... that is the reason why I'm not able to attend the meet personally... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • tiral22000
    tiral22000
    hey count me in too....i m a new CE member...i m currently doing my training at pune...i'll be fun!!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    xheavenlyx
    Anyway, I was seriously thinking of coming to Pune because i have a few friends in Sangli and Bombay. But after a looong discussion with my brain, I think it will be difficult due to my health and also because I will return late (14thJune) back to Dubai! Oh, I wanted to be in Pune sooo badly! This is something new.
    Oh what happened to your health xHx. Wish you could have been here. Anyway, this is not the one and only meeting we are going to hold. We will surely meet next time.

This feels like attending an AGM. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Take care and don't worry about the music. Psst! CE top management has good singers. :sshhh: You will enjoy!
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Oh the health part. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis (A cousin of Rheumatoid Arthritis)... Dont usually tell cuz its difficult to explain its biological working. Walking long is difficult, anyway, my treatment will be in bombay by the end of this year, so then I might be able to visit Pune!

Anyway, I hope we all get a reminder in our emails on 21st or something, or ill make a Google calendar in @crazyengineers.com mail for easy reminder...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    What abt the next meet?
    and whats the Review of this meet?
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    Next meet is being planned in mumbai...have a look at this thread...

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In case you missed, look here - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • gandhisagar
    gandhisagar
    pune
    i am staying at pune
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You could join us at Mumbai Meet then. Look here ->

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Biggie lets make it Large..Meet at KOLKATA..lets make it happen...wat u say๐Ÿ˜Ž
    The_Big_K
    You could join us at Mumbai Meet then. Look here ->

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm game for CE Meet at Kolkata. There are lots of CEans from Kolkata. Probably we should discuss the possibility in new thread.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    just2rock
    Biggie lets make it Large..Meet at KOLKATA..lets make it happen...wat u say๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Why not? We will rely on you for the CE Kolkata meet. But do we have enough participation?

PS: I just had a call with our Surat guy ediamondsrt. He is keen on doing some thing for Surat and wants to be a CE Evangelist. I'm game! Believe me, its great to see all the budding enthusiasm.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Definately Mayur U can always rely on me..

About the participations Biggie & me are optimistic & knew of our huge members here for CE.I have put a new thread for the participations at :
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    mayurpathak
    Why not? We will rely on you for the CE Kolkata meet. But do we have enough participation?

PS: I just had a call with our Surat guy ediamondsrt. He is keen on doing some thing for Surat and wants to be a CE Evangelist. I'm game! Believe me, its great to see all the budding enthusiasm.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, friends getting some problem in socket connection b\w two systems.....progrmme is running in a standalone..but not in across the network.....in our project we are using...socket programming for communication and...
hi, how to make..blog attractfull....and impressive to others....๐Ÿ˜
hi all of u i want to now adays which program use to artificial intelligent. give me detail.&wher i got these program .
CEans, Do you know that folks at Mozilla corporation are entering into the world of analytics? Here's what Michael Arrington says on TechCrunch about how Mozilla is planning to do...
Wishing Many Happy Returns of the day to ๐Ÿ˜ CEan - Just2Rock ๐Ÿ˜ May your dreams come true and you keep rocking! :myparty: โ€‹