CE Downloads Is Live - Yet Another Milestone In CE's History!

CEans,

I'm excited to announce the official launch of dedicated downloads section on CrazyEngineers. It's not just your file downloads section, but a much more evolved system that goes beyond simple click and download; and it's continuously evolving.

Check: #-Link-Snipped-#

We've began with 5 basic categories which are most requested on CrazyEngineers by all CEans - Placement Papers, University Question Papers, Tutorials & eBooks. The system allows uploading of files and photos and now awaits your contribution.

The system offers a ton of cool things that are simple to use. Let me give you a quick overview -

Front Page :-

resources-front-page

The front page displays various categories in the left sidebar and offers tabs to make browsing the resources / downloads easier. The first tab gives you the downloads that have been recently updated, second one tells you the newest resources the third one ranks the downloads based on ratings and downloads and the third one tells you which are the most favorite resources contributed by members.

The page also shows you how the resource has been rated and how many times it has been downloaded.

Download Page :-

download-resource

Simply offering downloads isn't our goal here. On the download page, you will see an overview of the download and then the second tab will show you the version history (that's how we engineers do it, right folks? πŸ˜‰ ) . The system will maintain each version and you can list the changes you've made to each new version of your resource.

For example, if you write a tutorial and then update it - it will be incredibly easier for others to know what changes have been made.

Note: Unless you are signed-in, you won't be able to download the resource.

In the sidebar; you will now see complete information of the resource along with ability to rate it. In addition, users will have a choice to rate individual version of the resource! So resource authors can track their performance and even get a quick feedback.

Get Alerts When Resource Gets Updated :-

If you wish to receive alerts / email notifications when a resource you've downloaded, the system will send you what updates have been made. You can optionally follow any resource and stay up to date!

Support / Questions & Answers :

Once you upload any resource, you can assign a thread where you will handle questions. This is completely optional, but recommended. For example, if you wrote a tutorial, you might want to start a thread and assign it as your 'support thread' where you will answer all questions and answers related to that tutorial - it's now possible!

So what about Piracy & people uploading pirated books / materials?

First of all - our aim is to allow people to create useful, original, cool resources and make them available to everyone. We expect CEans to use their own conscience while uploading.

Our moderators will do their best to make sure that CE maintains its stand against piracy but it may not be possible for us to check everything. All our users will have the power to report objectionable content and we'll take suitable action after verifying and communicating with the author.

What To Expect Next?

Our brains & hands are busy creating the next stuff. Our lips are locked, though 😯 πŸ‘.

If you have questions / feedback / comments, post them below!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Amaaazzziinng! 😁 Pardon my use of repeated letters.

Was waiting for the launch of this feature for too long now.

Too excited. Thanks a ton, CE! We love you.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    WoW ! This is awesome 😎, really a cool feature, Nice and neat to have all the resources arranged at one place. Good Work !!πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We're going to rely on all our CEans to fill it up with all the interesting stuff. I'm already collecting my own tutorials and uploads over the years and making them available through the resources section.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Superb ! This is really great move.

Guys try to use this feature as much as you can because there is no any forum is giving you such cool feature.

πŸ‘ Biggie
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Great move , Sir πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I look forward to contributions from all the CEans πŸ˜€
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    its great sir,new advancement are going for new option in CE,....................
  • madhu27
    madhu27
    great work sir. it'll be really helpful....proud being a crazyπŸ˜‰ engineer..
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The downloads feature is much better than attaching files in a thread for folks to download. Loving the idea of compiling files and keeping them in a neat form.
  • lal
    lal
    One of the best updates/features CE ever witnessed. Sure resources will start flowing in.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lal
    One of the best updates/features CE ever witnessed. Sure resources will start flowing in.
    Stay tuned. We're coming up with something even more amazing!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I look forward to contributions from all the CEans πŸ˜€
    What sorts of things do we put up? Should there not be some check on what gets loaded? If it is some unsuitable stuff titled differently it may get uploaded.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    What sorts of things do we put up? Should there not be some check on what gets loaded? If it is some unsuitable stuff titled differently it may get uploaded.
    Currently we've setup basic categories and we can extend them to suit our needs. I'd welcome suggestions on categories we should setup. Anything that should be made available to our members / visitors may get uploaded to the downloads section. I'll open a separate feedback thread to discuss this.

Every new resource that gets added to the section will first go to moderators and only after their approval, it will be published.

However, if something gets skipped; members can always use the 'report' link to report objectionable content.

I'm in talks with a company that will give us rights to publish a ton of useful material absolutely free of cost. Will post more only when I hear from the firm.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    A much needed thing Why not include a sample IEEE format of paper presentation As well And do post on how we can add stuff here ??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Conqueror
    A much needed thing Why not include a sample IEEE format of paper presentation As well And do post on how we can add stuff here ??
    The system is very easy to use, but I will create a tutorial on how to use it. Of course IEEE format paper presentation can be uploaded, but members need to do that.

The section needs to be filled up by everyone, not just one or two members.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    WOW ! awesome feature i have ever seen in any forum like CE .
    Waiting for more such great moves πŸ‘.
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    NICE MOVE 😁
  • rocky14321
    rocky14321
    hey is there question papers in civil engineering?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rocky14321
    hey is there question papers in civil engineering?
    The resources are continuously being added. If you have something that you want to make available to everyone, please upload your resource. πŸ˜€

We're requesting all our members to start uploading so that we can build a very useful place for all engineering related materials.
  • rocky14321
    rocky14321
    ok sure i'll try my best in ploading civil related questions.As a member of this network ,what i believe is it will be easy for visitors if a separate civil engg department is created.
    πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rocky14321
    ok sure i'll try my best in ploading civil related questions.As a member of this network ,what i believe is it will be easy for visitors if a separate civil engg department is created.
    πŸ˜€
    As you see the section is totally fresh out of oven and we'll be adding categories so that things can be organised well.

We're working on bringing some exclusive content to that section. I hope things go well as planned. πŸ˜€
  • rocky14321
    rocky14321
    thats great
  • satty lavanya
    satty lavanya
    i m proud to be a member
  • avii
    avii
    Really good feature. Resources plugin is pretty stable & works awesome. Kier & Mike did a good job with this. And no other forum software has better system than this.

However a preview of PDF file prior to downloading will be better.

btw I wanted to know one thing, I saw this copy right in CDAC question paper PDF :

Disclaimer: Author(s) of this document are the copyright holders of the content distributed through CrazyEngineers Resources (#-Link-Snipped-#). CrazyEngineers.com & its owners are not responsible for any type of dispute arising due to content published via this document.
    What does this exactly mean ? CE do not hold copyright ?

I was glancing through the document, I found wrong answer with Q9. OSI Model has 7 layers (not 5). A lot of care should be taken while publishing answers. The document looks really good & one will simply go with credibility of CE & may not verify the answers. So mistakes like these should never happen.

I will go through entire document later & will report if I find any more mistakes.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Good that you asked this. The resources have been collected from various places on the Internet and not every resource uploaded to the resources section will carry that notice.

Since the origin and authenticity of the resources cannot be tracked, it's important that we mention that CrazyEngineers does not hold copyright. We do not know if the content published is actually published by CDAC.

In order to check the quality of the resource, we've the rating & feedback system. Members can download and report the errors / mistakes and whether the resource infringes any copyright. If we discover that the resource indeed breaks a copyright, we'll quickly remove it from the section.

The ultimate purpose of the resources section is to be the 'DropBox' for CEans - everyone can upload resources and distribute them to others for free. The resources section only acts as a central platform for the distribution.

I hope that answers your question. Please let me know if you have further questions / queries.
  • avii
    avii
    If you do not have the copy right, then how can you distribute the content ? I am not complaining, I just want to know how this works
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    If you do not have the copy right, then how can you distribute the content ? I am not complaining, I just want to know how this works
    In the same way Dropbox, Gmail, Google Drive work. They don't hold copyright of anyone's work but users can share anything they want through that service.
  • lal
    lal
    #-Link-Snipped-# The 7 layer model is just an international standard. But this model is not used in practise. An Internet reference model has only 4 OSI layers - application, transport, network, link. Well we can add a physical layer too after the link layer. So that makes it 5 layers. The answer you read in the ebook may be right unless the question was specifically about the 7 layer model.
  • avii
    avii
    lal
    #-Link-Snipped-# The 7 layer model is just an international standard. But this model is not used in practise.
    yes, OSI is a standard model by ISO. and yes, it is not used.

lal
    An Internet reference model has only 4 OSI layers - application, transport, network, link. Well we can add a physical layer too after the link layer. So that makes it 5 layers. The answer you read in the ebook may be right unless the question was specifically about the 7 layer model.
    But No. When you say, OSI it has 7 layers, since it is standard. The one your referring is called TCP/IP model which has 5 layers [it is also referred as four+one].

Simply put,
    OSI model = 7 layers
    TCP/IP = 5 layers

References :
    [1] Osi Model
    [2] Internet Protocol Suite
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All the resources can be discussed in relevant sections. For CDAC - #-Link-Snipped-# . πŸ˜€
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In the same way Dropbox, Gmail, Google Drive work. They don't hold copyright of anyone's work but users can share anything they want through that service.
    Unfortunately it's not that easy. You cannot just say it's like DropBox or Google Drive. If it was so easy, then PirateBay wouldn't have faced any lawsuits.

Simply, you cannot just share copyrighted material.

I would like to address this issue in 3 parts. [this can be split into another thread, since we are going offtopic]

Firstly, You cannot compare it with DropBox.
    1. You cannot share copyrighted material using DropBox.
    2. If you upload such material & if someone sends DMCA to dropbox, then you have to remove your contents. But that 'someone' probably one you know or with whom you have shared the link. But not general public. I cannot see what you have uploaded in DropBox(unless I have link to your public folder). But I can clearly see what you have uploaded here in CE.
    3. Dropbox won't make content I uploaded public nor it will use for commercial purposes. But not the same case here.

So,
    1. You cannot share copyrighted material for commercial or even non-commercial purposes.
    2. If you want to share, then you must have permission from author [permission in written form is much better]
    3. If the material in public domain, then you can share.
    4. Few authors release their content under CC license & some allow it to share.

Secondly, about CDAC question paper. If the questions are from old CDAC papers, then I think you can share. For example, authors of IIT-JEE preparation materials use questions from old papers. So I think that's allowed. I suggest you to have a talk with CE's legal adviser.

One more thing is, lets say an author A creates a model question & I have seen some other author B using the same question, but with different numbers Or formed in different way. Though it's not ethical, but I think it won't cause any legal problems [I am not sure here]. Please discuss about this too.

I also downloaded one more resource, Interview Tips. I have not seen most of the original threads mentioned, but from my memory, I remember, most of the tips were give by you. So in that PDF, 'you' can have full copyright or CE can have full copyright. By doing so, you are protecting the document from IP theft & no one can use it for commercial purposes. & you can let people share it for non-commercial purposes.

Lastly, from what I have seen in CDAC questions, they are very simple & just memory based questions. Next weekend, I will be free from my work & I will provide more such questions. By provide I mean, I will create them on my own & not copy. And I will give you right to distribute over CE. I just created these five questions from my memory & attached them here. You can use them πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

EDIT : oops, seems I do not upload privilege : CE-CDAC
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like we'll get into details. Here we go -

avii
    Unfortunately it's not that easy. You cannot just say it's like DropBox or Google Drive. If it was so easy, then PirateBay wouldn't have faced any lawsuits.

Simply, you cannot just share copyrighted material.
    If the copyright of the material is proven - we'll remove it. That's how it's operating. It's the responsibility of the uploader to check the copyrights and inform us whether there's any breach of copyright. We'll also respond to DMCA Notices, if anyone sends it to us.

The purpose of the resources section is to share the material which is meant to be shared for free. If CDAC questions (which are very generic) are found to be copyright of CDAC - we'll remove the material from our resources section.

avii
    I would like to address this issue in 3 parts. [this can be split into another thread, since we are going offtopic]

Firstly, You cannot compare it with DropBox.
    1. You cannot share copyrighted material using DropBox.
    2. If you upload such material & if someone sends DMCA to dropbox, then you have to remove your contents. But that 'someone' probably one you know or with whom you have shared the link. But not general public. I cannot see what you have uploaded in DropBox(unless I have link to your public folder). But I can clearly see what you have uploaded here in CE.
    3. Dropbox won't make content I uploaded public nor it will use for commercial purposes. But not the same case here.
    #1 : Right. But Dropbox isn't responsible if you do. The same is the case with CrazyEngineers. Our Terms Of Use are being updated and will be announced soon.

#2. If the notice is received, we'll take appropriate action upon verification. A public folder being shared on the Internet is same as what we have here. If a publicly shared folder is found to be distributing copyrighted material, dropbox takes action against it. We intend to do the same.

#3. Dropbox gives you the option to create public folders. Similar to dropbox, we don't use any of the content for commercial purposes. All the material is made available free of cost. There might be a question of 'registration' being required, I believe our current ToS & Privacy Policy already covers what we're offering.

Another example would be 'Facebook' - even if copyrighted material is shared via Facebook - the company won't be responsible for it.

avii
    So,
    1. You cannot share copyrighted material for commercial or even non-commercial purposes.
    2. If you want to share, then you must have permission from author [permission in written form is much better]
    3. If the material in public domain, then you can share.
    4. Few authors release their content under CC license & some allow it to share.
    #1: Correct. That applies to individual contributors of the resources section. But as a company, we aren't responsible for what people have shared.

#2: Right.

#3: Right.

#4: Right. The idea here is to let people share what they've created or what's available in the public domain.

If someone claims the copyright for CDAC questions - the relevant resource will be deleted from our section.

avii
    Secondly, about CDAC question paper. If the questions are from old CDAC papers, then I think you can share. For example, authors of IIT-JEE preparation materials use questions from old papers. So I think that's allowed. I suggest you to have a talk with CE's legal adviser.
    It's not about old or recent question papers, to the best of my knowledge. There are questions in the public domain and it's difficult to trace their original copyright holder. In order to claim the copyright, the claim will have to bear a strong evidence of the original creator of the questions.

avii
    One more thing is, lets say an author A creates a model question & I have seen some other author B using the same question, but with different numbers Or formed in different way. Though it's not ethical, but I think it won't cause any legal problems [I am not sure here]. Please discuss about this too.
    Again, author A will have to prove that he/she is the first creator of the content and has strong intentions of pursuing legal action against author 'B'.

avii
    I also downloaded one more resource, Interview Tips. I have not seen most of the original threads mentioned, but from my memory, I remember, most of the tips were give by you. So in that PDF, 'you' can have full copyright or CE can have full copyright. By doing so, you are protecting the document from IP theft & no one can use it for commercial purposes. & you can let people share it for non-commercial purposes.
    The interview resource is a collection of various posts I've made in the past few years. I hold the original copyright but I've released it in public domain. I don't mind if people use it for commercial purposes.

avii
    Lastly, from what I have seen in CDAC questions, they are very simple & just memory based questions. Next weekend, I will be free from my work & I will provide more such questions. By provide I mean, I will create them on my own & not copy. And I will give you right to distribute over CE. I just created these five questions from my memory & attached them here. You can use them πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

EDIT : oops, seems I do not upload privilege : CE-CDAC
    You can create new questions and make them available for download. In fact, that'd be absolutely great! πŸ˜€

You do have the rights to upload. If you're facing issues, let me know. I'll look into it.
  • avii
    avii
    I believe everything has been thoroughly considered before starting Resources. πŸ‘

I will add questions whenever time permits πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This thread is dedicated to discussing questions asked by Infosys in their placements in campuses. A relevant question paper can be downloaded from below mentioned link. Feel free to add...
Hello Frds..... I am Second Year engg. student i wana create a virus (not creating just going through this knowledge) but i have no idea about virus codig plz help...
hay guys when i am running rmi application i found this Exception access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:1099 connect,resolve) for resolving this proble i have to set a policy file but im...
Hello dear fellow CEeans, I have been working on a project robot. I thought of controlling the robot with a sony ps2 controller. So I have Arduino UNO as a...
First country to introduce mobile phones in South Asia in 1989 and first to introduce 3G in 2004, it seems Sri Lanka is ahead of the sub-continent when it comes...