CE Disaster :: We are back !

[FONT="]Hello CEans![/FONT]

[FONT="]Murphy said – “If anything can go wrong, it will”[/FONT]
[FONT="]CE was down for almost 45 hours*. But we are back! Let me tell you the story of the CE Disaster –

[/FONT] [FONT="]Date: September 20th, 2006.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Place: CE Forums, Backend.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Person Responsible for the disaster: The Administrator, a.k.a “The_Big_K”[/FONT]

[FONT="]How Things Went Wrong –[/FONT]

[FONT="]Time: 11:15 pm (September 20th) : The Administrator tries to perform test upgrade on the forum system. Having skipped sleep for almost 30 hours, he is trying his best to keep his eyes open. The upgrade is critical and therefore cannot be procrastinated.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Time: 11:30 pm : The Administrator enters incorrect database information & continues with the test upgrade.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Time: 11:40 pm : The CE Database crashes. CE portal goes down. Administrator is still logged in. He is no more sleepy.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Time: 11:45 pm : Administrator understands the problem. Shuts down the forums and the portal. Enters a witty message on the main page to cover up the mess. Takes four important decisions. Goes to sleep.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Withing next 30 hours, the forums are reworked on. Backups are restored. Look of the forum is changed. New features are introduced.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Losses:[/FONT]

[FONT="]The database crash led to –[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Loss of latest 20 registrations.[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Deletion of around 7 posts. [/FONT]
  • [FONT="]The CE portal downtime of 45 hours*[/FONT]
[FONT="]The Administrator sincerely apologizes for the loss. CEans who lost their registrations are requested to register on the forums again.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Hope you continue to enjoy CrazyEngineers![/FONT]

[FONT="]-The Big K-

[/FONT]
[FONT="]p.s: [/FONT][FONT="]“45 hours” looks far less than “Almost 2 days” 😁 [/FONT]

Replies

• Mayank
    Mayank
    Still U ROCK

Hey Biggie "K" and ALL,

I can understand the pain you have taken, to give life to our own forum. So ultimately you did it and "Everyone" just see the way Biggie made the entry along with THE new face for our forum. So after small hicckups we come back more thrilled and with new energy.
    This reminds me of "PHOENIX" :a mythical bird that dies in flames and is reborn from the ashes.

Hats Off to Big "K".😁

Thanks and Regards,
    Mayank Shukla.
  • crook
    crook
    Wow 😁

Good to see CE in its new form !!
  • rick
    rick
    Hi! I was away for a while. No idea about the Disaster 😕 . But I'm happy that everything is okay and CE is back to rock !

I predict that CE has a bright future !

Rick
  • Neha
    Neha
    But still CE-rocks!!! All thanks to Biggie!!!😁
  • sttepz
    sttepz
    it rocks even more than before!!!!!😁 😁
  • jayaprakash
    jayaprakash
    Great😁

good work done by biggie.........

C E Once again Rocks...........
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Big "Thank You"! 😁

I am glad that you liked the new face. It was good to have negative feedback too. Some of us commented that the "Red" effect is not good. But majority of us seem to be really excited about the new look.

"Red" is an indicator of action and that is what we are here for! Action, Innovation & changing the world 👍! Of course, we know how to have fun!

Thanks for all the compliments!

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Gaurav Talks! - Hello CEans! The purpose of this article is to help all the new OR dormant CEans who may have been actively viewing the forums but just not...
CEans! I'm totally excited to present the new theme for our forums 😁! The new theme uses "The Red Effect" ! Shout your opinion in the poll! Long Live CE...
CEans! This thread is dedicated to "Lateral Thinking" related discussions. Let us try to come up with simple answers to questions like - What is lateral thinking anyway? How does...
Hello CEans! We have a pretty good bunch of Chemical & Civil Engineers. Yet we do not have a dedicated sub-forums for these engineering trades. Before we introduce a section,...
Can u explain what is the effect on the KVA rating of a transformer when frequency is reduced (say 50 Hz to 25 Hz)......VOLATGE REMAINING CONSTANT......????