CDAC CAT results announced. Which center to choose for VLSI?

Hello All,

I completed B.Tech(ECE) in 2010 and have been working as a Software Engineer (working on Microsoft technologies) since then in an IT company. I now want to move back to my field of electronics by doing VLSI (or some other) specialization.

Q1. Would pursuing this 6-month PG Diploma in VLSI help me in fetching a career in VLSI at this stage of my career??

Please tell me little about Quality of education at C-DAC & its placements.

Also, I got 170 rank in C-CAT {D-VLSI, PG diploma}. I have three centers to choose from: C-DAC Pune, TICA Mumbai & Soft Polynomials, Nagpur.

Q2. Which center should I go for? What actually are my chances of getting into Pune center?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Answer to your first question is, it all depends on the concepts you've built during engineering. VLSI is a vast field and not to mention pretty challenging too, which is the reason there are so much lack of VLSI professionals in the industry.

Yes, to certain extent this course should help, atleast make you more than a 'fresher' and quickly productive for the company recruiting you.

I've already answered your second question in thhe other thread.
  • irocker
    irocker
    Thanx [Prototype]. Would you please also put light on quality of education C-DAC provides and its placements.
  • gunn
    gunn
    i got 1785 rank in dac entrance on 16 dec cdac exam.i want to know is dere ny chance to get gud institute for dac course..
  • max0077
    max0077
    gunn
    i got 1785 rank in dac entrance on 16 dec cdac exam.i want to know is dere ny chance to get gud institute for dac course..
    it's hard to get pune cdac or blore cdac but give them ur first priority ;after that sunbeam pune is also good in placements and studies ;u may get cdac hyd or other cdac aff. centre ..
  • max0077
    max0077
    #-Link-Snipped-# see this thread for more info.
  • max0077
    max0077
    gunn
    if u really wanna study in Cdac u can get Cdac noida or hyd or other related centre nd don't worry abt placements cos they r centralized..๐Ÿ˜€
  • max0077
    max0077
    irocker
    Hello All,

I completed B.Tech(ECE) in 2010 and have been working as a Software Engineer (working on Microsoft technologies) since then in an IT company. I now want to move back to my field of electronics by doing VLSI (or some other) specialization.

Q1. Would pursuing this 6-month PG Diploma in VLSI help me in fetching a career in VLSI at this stage of my career??

Also, I got 170 rank in C-CAT {D-VLSI, PG diploma}. I have three centers to choose from: C-DAC Pune, TICA Mumbai & Soft Polynomials, Nagpur.

Q2. Which center should I go for? What actually are my chances of getting into Pune center?
    why would you wanna leave microsoft?? ...and absolutely Cdac course helps build concepts nd strengthens them..but only Cdac pune acts provides best vlsi training(all d others r affiliated ones) and there r only 40 seats...
  • irocker
    irocker
    Dude, frankly speaking, working in a big IT firm isn't my cup of tea. Due to professional satisfaction, I want to move back to my field of study in which I did B.Tech and I am not working in Microsoft (MS). I am working on MS technologies like dot net, sharepoint etc. Please guide me on aforesaid points:

Would pursuing this 6-month PG Diploma in VLSI help me in fetching a career in VLSI at this stage of my career??
  • max0077
    max0077
    irocker
    Dude, frankly speaking, working in a big IT firm isn't my cup of tea. Due to professional satisfaction, I want to move back to my field of study in which I did B.Tech and I am not working in Microsoft (MS). I am working on MS technologies like dot net, sharepoint etc. Please guide me on aforesaid points.
    oh sorry dude i got the microsoft thing wrong...but if u are able to get Cdac pune in seat allotements than go for it ..
  • irocker
    irocker
    Hmm...n what could be the reason I only got these 3 options while giving priority: C-DAC Pune, TICA Mumbai & Soft Polynomials, Nagpur and not CDAC Bangalore, Hyd??? I have heard Bangalore is also good.
  • max0077
    max0077
    irocker
    Hmm...n what could be the reason I only got these 3 options while giving priority: C-DAC Pune, TICA Mumbai & Soft Polynomials, Nagpur and not CDAC Bangalore, Hyd??? I have heard Bangalore is also good for VLSI.
    it's because blore Cdac doesn't provide PG-DVLSI ..
  • max0077
    max0077
    max0077
    it's because blore Cdac doesn't provide PG-DVLSI ...
    blore nd HYD cdac provides embedded sys design course PG-DESD
  • irocker
    irocker
    oOPs!!!...Thanx a lot #-Link-Snipped-# for the information.
  • irocker
    irocker
    #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#: Friends, I also took exam for - DHI (11 candidates above me) and DASS (46 candidates above me) but in my list I have locked only for VLSI (169 above me). I think I have made a blunder. What you guys have to say. My interest is in VLSI (not embedded, though I know I can't ignore embbeded coming in my way).
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    irocker
    #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#: Friends, I also took exam for - DHI (11 candidates above me) and DASS (46 candidates above me) but in my list I have locked only for VLSI (169 above me). I think I have made a blunder. What you guys have to say. My interest is in VLSI (not embedded, though I know I can't ignore embbeded coming in my way).
    What doyou mean locked only VLSI? Please write here your preference list.

Besides, why you guys so eager to lock? It will ve automatically locked on 3rd. Why you're close the doors for yourselves?
  • irocker
    irocker
    Buddy, I just locked it before posting above comment. Anyway my preference list is like:

1 PG-DVLSI CDAC Pune
    2 PG-DVLSI TICA Kandivali Mumbai
    3 PG-DVLSI Soft Polynomials Nagpur
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    irocker
    Buddy, I just locked it before posting above comment. Anyway my preference list is like:

1 PG-DVLSI CDAC Pune
    2 PG-DVLSI TICA Kandivali Mumbai
    3 PG-DVLSI Soft Polynomials Nagpur
    Alright, its fine if you just want VLSI. Its actually wise to put only the course you wish to do.
  • irocker
    irocker
    [Prototype]
    Alright, its fine if you just want VLSI. Its actually wise to put only the course you wish to do.
    But I am asking for the other two. If you know something about DHI and DASS.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    irocker
    But I am asking for the other two. If you know something about DHI and DASS.
    DHI, I dont know. DASS is pretty software related, SCADA. Anyways it doesnt matter now. Just leave this here. The more you will go inside, the more chances you will have regret on your choice. Now just wait and watch, what happens on 7th.
  • irocker
    irocker
    [Prototype]
    DHI, I dont know. DASS is pretty software related, SCADA. Anyways it doesnt matter now. Just leave this here. The more you will go inside, the more chances you will have regret on your choice. Now just wait and watch, what happens on 7th.
    Lets hope for the best! Good Luck to you too!
    What is your preference list and ranks?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    irocker
    Lets hope for the best! Good Luck to you too!
    What is your preference list and ranks?
    My rank is 140.
    75 above in VLSI
    123 above in ES.

My preference is VLSI at Pune Acts and then ES at Pune Acts. Thats all.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Pushpendra2911
    Pushpendra2911
    irocker
    tenson na lae kakke now its done and u took wise decision now dont think about anything else focus on preparing urself for 6 month of rigorous training ahead!!!!!!!!!!
    ALL THE BEST
  • irocker
    irocker
    @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#: Desparately waiting for the first list. . .
  • irocker
    irocker
    @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#: I have got a seat in CDAC Pune for VLSI. Excited!!!
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    irocker
    @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#: I have got a seat in CDAC Pune for VLSI. Excited!!!
    We'll be meeting up then...๐Ÿ˜‰
  • max0077
    max0077
    irocker
    great..good luck..
  • Pushpendra2911
    Pushpendra2911
    irocker
    gr8 news now buckle up buddy!!!!!!!!!! and good luck for the course
  • irocker
    irocker
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: As you're already there, would request you to share some study material (#-Link-Snipped-#) that would help me in coping up with VLSI course.
    Also, please put some light on examination system? (In terms of pattern, difficulty level etc.)
  • Pushpendra2911
    Pushpendra2911
    irocker
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: As you're already there, would request you to share some study material (#-Link-Snipped-#) that would help me in coping up with VLSI course.
    Also, please put some light on examination system? (In terms of pattern, difficulty level etc.)
    sure i will do that will send u some ebooks which we have got here for reference start reading clear some prerequisite stuff it will give you a good n strong start up
  • irocker
    irocker
    Pushpendra2911
    sure i will do that will send u some ebooks which we have got here for reference start reading clear some prerequisite stuff it will give you a good n strong start up
    Thanx Pushpendra ๐Ÿ˜€
  • irocker
    irocker
    #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#: Guys, could you please provide me with some info on quality of education in CDAC Pune for VLSI diploma. It would be of great help in finalizing things today...'coz tomorrow is the last day to submit fee.
  • irocker
    irocker
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: When are you going to Pune?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    irocker
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: When are you going to Pune?
    I'll go there by 22nd Feb.
  • G.Shankar
    G.Shankar
    Hello all,
    I completed my B.Tech in this year.
    I have written the C-DAC and i got seat in PG-DVLSI in Soft Polynomials Nagpur.
    Is it a best center to do..
    please rply me..fast
  • kalyan548m
    kalyan548m
    G.Shankar
    Hello all,
    I completed my B.Tech in this year.
    I have written the C-DAC and i got seat in PG-DVLSI in Soft Polynomials Nagpur.
    please rply me..fast
    hey i got seat in TICA(dvlsi).
    if u knw abt this plz inform me......
  • padhma_s
    padhma_s
    Hi! i got overall rank of 295 and 150 above me have applied for PVLSI. Which centre will i get among pune,mumbai and nagpur. Is there any chance i could get pune?
  • Pankaj Kore
    Pankaj Kore
    A+B rabk is 207 with 186 students applied above for DAC..
    What should be my preference form?Please help dont have much idea about this course..
  • Shrasti Awasthi
    Shrasti Awasthi
    Sir, I have got 252 rank in CAT 2014 exam for A+B section... Can i get admission in C dac Pune..???
  • 3nadhs
    3nadhs
    Hello all,
    I completed my B.Tech(2014) in this year.
    I have written the C-DAC(i got 1800 rank) and i got seat in PG-DVLSI in Soft Polynomials Nagpur.
    Is it a best for placement........
    please rply me..
    i have less time to decide please reply me.....
  • 3nadhs
    3nadhs
    Hello all,
    I have written the C-DAC(i got 1800 rank) and i got seat in PG-DVLSI in Soft Polynomials Nagpur.
    please rply me..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Please avoid posting the same question in multiple discussions. It's considered as spamming.
  • 3nadhs
    3nadhs
    sorry sir,
    i am little bit hurry, because i have less time, so please reply.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    3nadhs
    Hello all,
    please rply me..
    Just enquire about their placements records and find out for yourself.
  • 3nadhs
    3nadhs
    sir,
    just guide me what do you know about soft polynomials nagpur.
    Is it god one....
    i am just searched their website.i thought that placement is not good at their,
    so please help me....... (i am from andhra pradesh).
  • Premanshu
    Premanshu
    Hello, Iam a Fresher just completed my B.E in electronics and communication.I want to go for DVLSI.Please provide me information on how to get admission in there. Any entrance exams I have to clear ? and what is the course for that exam?
  • @kanshhaaaa
    @kanshhaaaa
    hey guys I have got tica for the dvlsi course .. can anyone please help me know regarding the quality of teaching and education in that centre . would request you to share some study material (@#-Link-Snipped-#) that would help me in coping up with VLSI course.
  • @kanshhaaaa
    @kanshhaaaa
    hello guys, I have got tica for dvlsi course .. can anyone help me know regarding the quality of education and placements in that course .. I would also request you to share some study material (akshayamj14#-Link-Snipped-#) that would help me in coping up with VLSI course.
  • Shubhangi Kulkarni
    Shubhangi Kulkarni
    hello, I have got vlsi at soft polynomials, Nagpur..
    plz help me to know quality of education and placements (specially placements)..
    it's urgent..
  • Aekankshi
    Aekankshi
    Hello sir,
    I got cdac Mumbai juhu for pg DMC course is this center is good for placement and faculty wise sir plz help me

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi,

Am doing my B.E final year. I want a Project title related to Electrical department and power electronics.
hey what are the different types of encoder sensor available? I have project wherein the bot has to move 30 revolutions ahead in den 30 back..i am wondering what sensors...
As we know semiconductor is bipolar, means containing two charge carrying particles. One electron & other holes, electron is negatively charged while holes are positive charged. My question is why...
Hi, all Please let me know at what frequency line/mains EMI filters are designed?
my c cat rank is 1012 in DAC course 905 and DSSD course 477 are above please tell me what center is fill in my preferances