CDAC - All you need to know about [FAQ]

Hello guys,

There's pretty buzz going there regarding the CDAC since the result came out. People are asking questions which are pretty much same and asked over and over a lot of time. Here, I will try to answer some of these questions.

When is the exam held?
The CCAT is held twice per year. One for August batch and another for February batch. The notification of the same is made on their website and newspapers.

How to apply for CCAT? What is the fee structure? How to prepare for exam?
Answer to every of your question can be found here -> PGDAdmissionBooklet

Which are the good centers?
1. CDAC ACTS, Pune
2. CDAC ACTS, Bangalore
3. CDAC ACTS, Hyderabad
4. Sunbeam, Pune

That's all I know about. Other institutes I don't have much of an idea.

Which course should I choose?
Seriously? You should ask that question to yourselves. Please don't do like, give exam, get qualified and think, which course should I go. The worst choice you would ever ask is DAC vs. VSLI. They are so different in their nature. If you're not sure about your choice, I am no one to suggest anything.

Here's the link to all the courses -> Post Graduate Diploma
Go to each of the course you think sounds interesting to you. Click it. Go to modules section which should give you the exact topics you'll be taught. Check it to see if its really something which you're expecting.

What should I expect from CDAC?
It'll take out every last drop of your juice. If,
You're passionate about the field.
You like to work whenever given a chance.
You can work for 13 hours straight.
You don't differentiate between Sunday and Monday.

then CDAC is definitely for you.

Provided you satisfy all the above points, choose any course and definitely you're placed. If you're a person from the above category, hell, one chance is enough for you and believe me, that's the least you could expect.

But if it happens that you're not enjoying, life will be hell.

Imma wearing my cool jeans/mini skirt at the classes. \m/
That's not happening. Most of the institutes have dress codes which is generally formals, sometimes with Tie. Though there's no standard uniform and the dress code totally depends on institute.

Is there any value to CDAC's Diploma?
It definitely worth more than your XYZ institute diploma. CDAC is pretty old institute and is very reputed.

Enough of your bullshit, tell me about the placement.
Alright, here we go. I'll first list the courses and their placement records.

1. DAC - Extremely High
2. WiMC - High
3. DESD - Moderate
4. VLSI - Low
5. DITISS - Low
6. Others - Never heard any company for them this time.

The placement activity is common per region. For eg. If you belong to Pune region, all the institutes from Pune will take part in the activity. That doesn't mean every person is coming to compete. Each company prepares a shortlist which will include students from all centers in Pune, Mumbai and Nagpur. The institutes may call companies on their will for their own but overall, any company comes you'll be able to compete irrespective of the centers provided you qualify the criteria.

The placement notification may come at midnight 12 am which asks you to be present at 8 am sharp on the same day. You have to become ninja for first month and remain alert.

The shortlisting criteria is generally unknown to the students and is pretty mysterious. Sometimes, the shortlist would just not make any sense but you've to accept it.

What kind of packages are we talking about?
Packages, they differ. At start, the companies gives package ranging from 2.7-4.5 LPA (this time stats).The companies visiting at later point of time, towards the end offers ridiculous packages like 1.2 LPA.

I've "just" 70%. What shoud I do? ๐Ÿ˜”
Well, enough! Lol. At least if you're coming to Maharashtra region's CDAC, 60% is all what you need to be eligible for most of the companies. And 70% is not "just" here. How the hell did you score that much anyway?

I've less than 60% in my 10th/12th/B.E./B.Tech. What about me?
You're in trouble bro. While courses like DAC & WiMC would still get you enough opportunities (more than your college did), you should not expect much from other courses. Besides, you need to get some good grades in CDAC exam to increase your chance. And if you've any hard bound that you'll only work in MNC's from the very first day of your career then better drop it. It's not gonna happen. You'll mostly be ineligible for MNC's.

I've X years of gap. Will it matter?
If the gap is 1 year, then no, it won't matter much. However, if you've a bigger gap you must have a valid reason for it. If you were working, it'll work but few companies just want freshers. On the other hands, there are few companies like SanDisk which prefer to take experienced people. However, you must note that no extra benefits will be given if you're experienced. You'll be given the same package as the other fresher.

So yeah, gap does matter. A small gap is fine but if you've 2+ years of gap then there might be chances that you'll not be eligible for few companies. Most of them don't care about it though but big names surely does.

I am selected in XYZ course. What preparation I should do before joining the classes?
Generally speaking, you don't need any preparation. However, I am assuming you're thorough with basics taught in engineering. Rest be assured, they will start from very basics but don't expect them to give very much time on it.

I hope I covered many questions. If you think something more can be added, drop in here...

Also, I don't claim this to be 100% accurate but its just here to give a rough idea about the scenario at CDAC. The information I've provided may be inaccurate or completely wrong but those are just from my experience and research I did before joining.

If you think any of the information is not correct, please inform me.

Best Regards.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Good job. I've made sticky. ๐Ÿ‘
  • sneha8888
    sneha8888
    1. What about exams (Theory & practicals), how many & oftenly we have to appear. Anything to keep in mind or to make mind set before joining the course. Does the Diploma result interlinked with student's throughout performance or just performing in exams would suffice.

2. Is there any regulation regarding attendance or taking leave(in case of urgency), does the course flow suffer.

#. Any suggestions/precaution that you feel like sharing.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    sneha8888
    1. What about exams (Theory & practicals), how many & oftenly we have to appear. Anything to keep in mind or to make mind set before joining the course. Does the Diploma result interlinked with student's throughout performance or just performing in exams would suffice.

2. Is there any regulation regarding attendance or taking leave(in case of urgency), does the course flow suffer.

#. Any suggestions/precaution that you feel like sharing.
    There's a final end module exam which makes up your diploma. It's conducted at the end of the course. You can except surprise test every now and then though. There are internal marks and they haven't disclosed the criteria for the same. So you just have to be careful with every step no matter how small it appears.

Regarding the attendance, they ask for 100% attendance. However, you may take 3 leaves throughout your course provided you submit the leave application prior to taking leave and get it approved. Oh god, you ask them for leave and they will react like you asked them for their kidney. Throughout the course we were threatened that if we take leave the consequences will be visible during placement. For this reason, no one took much of unplanned leave and its unknown if they really keep up with their words of showing consequences.
    However those who did, they used to bash them pretty hard.

You're 5 mins late, congrats, you cannot attend the class. You come to next lecture and the coordinator will take you and bash you. Class starts at 7:30, you're supposed to be in class latest by 7:25. I mean, they have a right to scold you if you come at like 7:28. They did it.

This is all scenario at Acts Pune. Don't know if others have same strictness.
  • Snair101
    Snair101
    My rank in A+B+C is 253..
    I have applied for DVLSI and DIVESD ..
    125 students ahead in DVLSI and 124 in DIVESD..
    What are the chances for CDAC Pune? and what should be my other institute preferences for either courses ? .. kindly help me with this .. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Aj92
    Aj92
    My rank in A+B+C is 706..
    I have applied for PG-DESD and PG-DASS ..
    594 students ahead in DESD and 124 in DASS..
    What are the chances for CDAC Pune? .. kindly help me with this .. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    [Prototype]
    There's a final end module exam which makes up your diploma. It's conducted at the end of the course. You can except surprise test every now and then though. There are internal marks and they haven't disclosed the criteria for the same. So you just have to be careful with every step no matter how small it appears.

Regarding the attendance, they ask for 100% attendance. However, you may take 3 leaves throughout your course provided you submit the leave application prior to taking leave and get it approved. Oh god, you ask them for leave and they will react like you asked them for their kidney. Throughout the course we were threatened that if we take leave the consequences will be visible during placement. For this reason, no one took much of unplanned leave and its unknown if they really keep up with their words of showing consequences.
    However those who did, they used to bash them pretty hard.

You're 5 mins late, congrats, you cannot attend the class. You come to next lecture and the coordinator will take you and bash you. Class starts at 7:30, you're supposed to be in class latest by 7:25. I mean, they have a right to scold you if you come at like 7:28. They did it.

This is all scenario at Acts Pune. Don't know if others have same strictness.
    off the topic.

hello sir,

My question is regarding C-dac.
    I have got selected for DIVSED course in TICA-Mumbai.
    my point is..
    Is it good course (m 4m electronics background)>.??
    Is it good institute. ??
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    hello
    My req. to give guidance for my C-DAC course , DIVSED (I've Electronics Background). I have got the TICA-Mumbai (Kandiwali) center. In some time I have to pay the fees to block seat or to take part for other Rounds of seat allocation.
    My Que.
    Is it good course to join (As In Carrier growth,job Opportunities, )??
    - Is center good? (Based on your Thinking)....?
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    to get admission in Pune ACTS in dvlsi, dass what should be the minimum rank ?
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    princess_priiya
    to get admission in Pune ACTS in dvlsi, dass what should be the minimum rank ?
    congratulation. for pune acts for dvlsi.

i cant say about dass min. rank but if you have secured seat in pune acts for dvlsi, you may get seat in dass ..

because DESD,DAC,DVLSI,DIVSED are the course which filled first amongst rankers for pune acts, bangalore (e-city), bangalore (k.p), hydrabad acts.

So., for more clear idea. you can call on c-dac-pune help desk numbers, they may tell you for seat regarding your rank..
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    thnx.. so you are selected for feb batch ? when admission for august will start ?
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    princess_priiya
    thnx.. so you are selected for feb batch ? when admission for august will start ?
    Yes I am selected for feb-04 batch for DIVSED course in sunbeam-pune.

For aug-14 batch starts in august.๐Ÿ˜€ .. there will be test in july for that (may be in first week ) and after test. in the end of august or first week of sept-14 class gets start...
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    hinesh
    Yes I am selected for feb-04 batch for DIVSED course in sunbeam-pune.

For aug-14 batch starts in august.๐Ÿ˜€ .. there will be test in july for that (may be in first week ) and after test. in the end of august or first week of sept-14 class gets start...
    oh.. thnku for the info ๐Ÿ˜’ .. wat was ur rank ? my branch is electrical and electronics..pls suggest me fr which course i shud opt for ?๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    princess_priiya
    oh.. thnku for the info ๐Ÿ˜’ .. wat was ur rank ? my branch is electrical and electronics..pls suggest me fr which course i shud opt for ?๐Ÿ˜ณ
    ha ha.. your well come..
    To be honest. i forgot write or save my result. so cant tell about my rank.

And I am ECE student. So I prefer DIVSED,DVLSI, DESD. But you've asked for your branch, I think it will be same DIVSED,DVLSI,DESD, as i think this are full electronics core courses ( if you wanted to be in core field. ). currently no course are there for electrical core....

Also this courses are with good placement records and have rep. and pune acts, c-dac hydrabad, sunbeam pune, bangalore (e-city), bangalore (kp) are amongst top for this courses. ( As in my search i got this results. )
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    yups.. evn i'm thinking fr the above mentioned courses.. tell me how you prepared for the exam? honestly ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‰
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    hinesh
    ha ha.. your well come..
    To be honest. i forgot write or save my result. so cant tell about my rank.

And I am ECE student. So I prefer DIVSED,DVLSI, DESD. But you've asked for your branch, I think it will be same DIVSED,DVLSI,DESD, as i think this are full electronics core courses ( if you wanted to be in core field. ). currently no course are there for electrical core....

Also this courses are with good placement records and have rep. and pune acts, c-dac hydrabad, sunbeam pune, bangalore (e-city), bangalore (kp) are amongst top for this courses. ( As in my search i got this results. )
    yups.. evn i'm thinking fr the above mentioned courses.. tell me how you prepared for the exam? honestly ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‰
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    princess_priiya
    For above courses..
    you have to go for all three papers.. thats A+B+C...
    You can find books related to subjects for particular group on previous given link.

Prepare hard for exam, to get admission in your choicest course in choicest center.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    princess_priiya
    You might get idea from : #-Link-Snipped-#

For detailed information, check out booklet : PGDAdmissionBooklet
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    You might get idea from : #-Link-Snipped-#

For detailed information, check out booklet : PGDAdmissionBooklet
    thnkuu so much... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Trupti07
    Trupti07
    Hi everyone,
    I am 2012 passout,Entc from pune university.I am working with TCS and I am interested in cdac dvlsi course for the august intake.I am really interested to go back to my trade i.e entc and work in vlsi industry.I am confused whether the 2 yr gap will make a problem even though I am working in software industry as many companies visiting cdac look out for freshers and moreover strict rules of passing out.I have heard they take people only who have passed out from d same year or the previous year.I want a placement given that i slog out completely in those 6 months leaving my current job.Is it worth the risk considering placement rules?I need to decide pretty soon..plz help!
  • Ganeshram Iyer
    Ganeshram Iyer
    Hello,
    I have completed my B.E in Computer Engineering (2013) with an aggregate of 63% from Mumbai and I m currently working in Accenture. Will taking this diploma course (DAC) Help me in getting into product based companies.
  • siddharthjain1691
    siddharthjain1691
    Hello,

I have a couple of quick questions.
    My brief background.
    1. 2013 B.Tech ECE passout
    2. Currently working in IT operations (in infrastructure support: monitoring network/servers and all)

From quite some time I have been looking for information on DITISS. My Questions:
    1. I am apprehensive about the placement after completion of the course.
    2. Currently, say if my pakg is 3 LPA; what should I expect out of DITISS?
    3. Which intake is preferred; Feb/Aug?
    4. Can you provide me some more crucial details about the same?

Thanks,
    Siddharth
  • sroy2
    sroy2
    I got 4240 rank in C_CAT. What i should expect?
    - PG-DAC
    - PG-DWIMC
    - PG-DSSD
    - PG-DITISS

Also which college should i expect?
    Please tell me the probable colllege of 2nd counselling also.
    Thanks in advance..
  • aditya rawal
    aditya rawal
    i got 1079 rank in A+B+C, what are the chances for me ? there are some different ranks i got in C-cat as follow:
    DAC 1607
    wimc 796
    ditiss 438
    dssd 612
    dass 211
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Please don't make this thread another "I got xyz rank ....". This thread is only meant for getting the details regarding how course is conducted at cdac and various other aspects once you're in CDAC. There are numerous other threads where you can discuss your rank and get which institute you may get.
  • proactive
    proactive
    How are the facilities at the IACSD center for DAC (I mean mostly faculty). Is there anybody who have passed out from IACSD or anyone who personally know about the center. Please do share some information about the center.
  • OMKAR CHAVAN
    OMKAR CHAVAN
    can anybody Plz tell me about the daily class duration???
  • Snair101
    Snair101
    OMKAR CHAVAN
    can anybody Plz tell me about the daily class duration???
    There is no fixed class duration at ACTS,Pune. It can go anywhere between 7 am to 10 pm .. A weekly schedule is made depending on course modules.
  • OMKAR CHAVAN
    OMKAR CHAVAN
    okay. Does the same apply for hydrbd centre???
  • Snair101
    Snair101
    OMKAR CHAVAN
    okay. Does the same apply for hydrbd centre???
    I have no particular knowledge of Hyderabad center, but yes the schedule might almost be the same.
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    #-Link-Snipped-# ; Do guide students what to prepare for courses like DAC, DESD and all before entering into CDAC ... so that they can well prepared for their modules and standard of CDAC

pLease do reply as you have thorough exp in this field..
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Ankit Litoriya
    #-Link-Snipped-# ; Do guide students what to prepare for courses like DAC, DESD and all before entering into CDAC ... so that they can well prepared for their modules and standard of CDAC

pLease do reply as you have thorough exp in this field..
    You don't need to do any preparation if you're through with the basics taught in engineering.

Good question, I'll add it in the first post.
  • proactive
    proactive
    [Prototype]
    You don't need to do any preparation if you're through with the basics taught in engineering.

Good question, I'll add it in the first post.
    What about those students, who have a degree in ECE and applying for DAC.
    What preparation do they need before joining DAC.
  • arindam2812
    arindam2812
    #-Link-Snipped-# can you please tell me which course hss better placements out of DESD acts PUNE or DIVED Sunbeam,i need to take a decision soon so need your advice...pls help
  • Deepanvi
    Deepanvi
    CDAC login is not working. I have locked my choice of course and the centre, but now CDAC login is not working. If there is anyone who is facing the same problem....please reply
  • Deepanvi
    Deepanvi
    I am from UP, is CDAC provides accomodation for the students, if not so..how the outstation candidates stay in Pune during course ? Is there any private hostel near CDAC pune ?
  • Snair101
    Snair101
    Deepanvi
    I am from UP, is CDAC provides accomodation for the students, if not so..how the outstation candidates stay in Pune during course ? Is there any private hostel near CDAC pune ?
    In pune CDAC does not provide any hostel facility. But there are plenty of PGs and private hostels nearby CDAC, for accomodation throughout the course. You can call up CDAC admin or helpline, they will provide a list of nearby accomodations .. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • beingab
    beingab
    Deepanvi
    Here is the list of pg and hostels
  • Deepanvi
    Deepanvi
    Thanks beingab...this list will surely help to all the outstation candidates. Thanks-a-lot
  • Pallavi Biroli
    Pallavi Biroli
    Is it gud to go for pgdac since i am B.E in Computer Science 2014 passout???
  • beingab
    beingab
    Pallavi Biroli
    Is it gud to go for pgdac since i am B.E in Computer Science 2014 passout???
    Ya.. no problem
    Pgdac is good for cs/it students
  • Deepanvi
    Deepanvi
    CDAC pune server is down, it is not opening...there phone number is also not working...what to do ?
  • beingab
    beingab
    Deepanvi
    CDAC pune server is down, it is not opening...there phone number is also not working...what to do ?
    due to scheduled maintenance activity C-
    DAC website
    will not be accessible during the weekend.
    i.e. 12th &
    13th July 2014.
    --official cdac announcement
  • Aditya Singhal
    Aditya Singhal
    Cdac pune also offers M.tech .
    so both M.tech and diploma students sits for the same companies.?
  • Snair101
    Snair101
    aditya01
    Cdac pune also offers M.tech .
    so both M.tech and diploma students sits for the same companies.?
    No idea about it yet..
  • Aditya Singhal
    Aditya Singhal
    Snair101
    No idea about it yet..
    which course u r doing ? I have opted for desd course in aug batch.
    and can tell anything about the quality of training and placement in core companies?
  • Snair101
    Snair101
    aditya01
    which course u r doing ? I have opted for desd course in aug batch.
    and can tell anything about the quality of training and placement in core companies?
    I am in DVLSI. The course and the training is good but be ready for hectic schedules. About the placement in core, it always depends on how much you can grasp and present in interview. Companies of core do come but the number is quite less compared to that of IT companies.
  • Mansi Munjal
    Mansi Munjal
    heyyy...pls somebody tell me the topics of operating system,computer networks and aptitude to be covered in c-cat xam....
    pls reply...
  • Aditya Singhal
    Aditya Singhal
    Snair101
    I am in DVLSI. The course and the training is good but be ready for hectic schedules. About the placement in core, it always depends on how much you can grasp and present in interview. Companies of core do come but the number is quite less compared to that of IT companies.[/QUO
    can u give ur mobile no. if possible
    my gmail id is -#-Link-Snipped-#
  • akshay.khandve2
    akshay.khandve2
    i got cdac pune. i want to know that what is timing of batch. is it till 8.30 pm. is it compulsary to stay till 11pm.i live in akurdi it will be difficult for me to stay till 11pm because of buses.
  • beingab
    beingab
    akshay.khandve2
    i got cdac pune. i want to know that what is timing of batch. is it till 8.30 pm. is it compulsary to stay till 11pm.i live in akurdi it will be difficult for me to stay till 11pm because of buses.
    It's true.. classes and labs are scheduled till 10pm .. though schedule changes.
  • Shubham Tripathi
    Shubham Tripathi
    hello
    iam not able to login in
    C-CAT Counselling & Seat Allocations
    what to do
    i have to fill preference in 2nd counselling for 3rd round seat allocation
  • aditya rawal
    aditya rawal
    I got in cdac Bangalore e city can anyone tell me something about it how was placement in last year. I took admission for PG-DAC
  • akshay.khandve2
    akshay.khandve2
    i have 59.6 aggregate in BE. i got cdac pune. does i have chance for placement. how many chances can i get.
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    I am ready take out every last drop of your juice. If,
    I am passionate about the field.
    I like to work whenever given a chance.
    I can work for 13 hours straight.
    I don't differentiate between Sunday and Monday.
    Is still 60% will be a problem ? because the problem is my marks in +2,which is 58%.
    Everything else is fine :-63% in B.Tech.,73% in 10th.
    Please Reply i am really thinking about it ,and i am going to opt b/w Dac or Wimc
  • sam041288
    sam041288
    i am BE (Electrical & Electronics) passed out 61.1% with 4 years of working experience as service engineer and i am thinking of doing a '"Error or e-Brochure " course from CDAC , do you think after that there will be any chance of getting placed in companies. I mean is it worth risking Rs. 89,000/- ๐Ÿ˜
  • sam041288
    sam041288
    plz reply to my query
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    akshay.khandve2
    i have 59.6 aggregate in BE. i got cdac pune. does i have chance for placement. how many chances can i get.
    i think 59.6 =60% so i don't think there should be any problem
  • kunal patankar
    kunal patankar
    Hello sir,
    My rank for A+B is 1971
    for dac 1799 students r above me & for wimc 903 students are above me.
    which center will i get from the followings-
    1)sunbeam pune dac
    2)sunbeam pune wimc
    3)IACSD pune dac
    is that correct choices? bcoz m confused between sunbeam wimc & IACSD dac which one is better?
    plz do reply!!!
  • Sourabh N
    Sourabh N
    Sunbeam Gultekdi reviews anyone??????
  • tarun agrawal
    tarun agrawal
    I got 778 rank (A+B) in cdac exam. I want to apply for pg-dac and pg-dssd course. Above me 718 candidates applied for pg-dac and 264 for pg-dssd. Can anyone suggest me the choice preferences of college's and chances of getting the best college in both way either study or placement.
  • kunal patankar
    kunal patankar
    Hello sir,
    My rank for A+B is 1971
    for dac 1799 students r above me & for wimc 903 students are above me.
    which center will i get from the followings-
    1)sunbeam pune dac
    2)sunbeam pune wimc
    3)IACSD pune dac
    is that correct choices? bcoz m confused between sunbeam wimc & IACSD dac which one is better?
    plz do reply!!!
  • amit23sawant
    amit23sawant
    howmany good c-dac centers for DESD course?
  • Deepanvi
    Deepanvi
    I have a unique case...Kaustub sir I want special attention from you. I did my b tech in 2003 and then i taught in a govt institute for 3 years. Due to family responsibility and all i could not do any job from 2007 to 2011 and then i again got job in govt institute for computer faculty. Now i want to make career in software development and i have cleared CDAC with good rank within rank 100. Shall it be fruitful for me or a wastage of money...Please advice
  • Sreetama Sarkar
    Sreetama Sarkar
    hi
    I hv got 669 in dac ,229 in vlsi,339 in WiMc,i would like to know which course is the best in terms of placements? and whether dac in hyd would be gud choice or not??i will take admission in feb 2015 batch,my stream in btech was electronics n instrumentation,i hv 2+ years of exp in electro mechanical sector,my 10-78%,12-57%,b tech 76%. Plz suggest
  • Rajat77Kumar
    Rajat77Kumar
    i am having 3092 rank can i get good cdac center or not
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    aslijatinasija
    I am ready take out every last drop of your juice. If,
    I am passionate about the field.
    I like to work whenever given a chance.
    I can work for 13 hours straight.
    I don't differentiate between Sunday and Monday.
    Is still 60% will be a problem ? because the problem is my marks in +2,which is 58%.
    Everything else is fine :-63% in B.Tech.,73% in 10th.
    Please Reply i am really thinking about it ,and i am going to opt b/w Dac or Wimc
    You'll get enough chances. But may have to start slow. Might not get chance in MNC.

aslijatinasija
    i think 59.6 =60% so i don't think there should be any problem
    It's not! 59.99 = 59.99%
    They will calculate this on the registration day. They will calculate it in front of you and if you've rounded the things and whatever, be prepared for pre-course scoldings. So don't round off. Write it with full accuracy.

akshay.khandve2
    Same answers applies to you as the above guy.

sam041288
    i am BE (Electrical & Electronics) passed out 61.1% with 4 years of working experience as service engineer and i am thinking of doing a '"Error or e-Brochure " course from CDAC , do you think after that there will be any chance of getting placed in companies. I mean is it worth risking Rs. 89,000/- ๐Ÿ˜
    I doubt PG-DASS have any placements. I've mentioned about it in the first post. Kindly read it.

To all: Most of the questions you're asking has already been answered in the first post. Patience is the key. Hold your horses and completely read the first post before posting a question.

Also, I'll once again request not make this thread a "I got xyz rank. Which center I'll get". This thread is not meant for that.
  • Utkarsh Dubey
    Utkarsh Dubey
    Please HELP me, I get CDAC Hyderabad for DAC in 1st counselling and my rank for dac is 2089. Is there is any chance that i get better center(CDAC Pune or CDAC Bangalore) for DAC in second counselling?
  • Utkarsh Dubey
    Utkarsh Dubey
    Sir,
    I have 67% in tenth, and 66% in BE but 54% in 12th. If I select DAC in Hyderabad center than Is there any chance for getting job in MNC.
  • gourav.garg
    gourav.garg
    hello friends, I got cdac hydrabad in first councelling, Is cdac hydrabad good for dac placements??
  • gourav.garg
    gourav.garg
    [Prototype]
    Please don't make this thread another "I got xyz rank ....". This thread is only meant for getting the details regarding how course is conducted at cdac and various other aspects once you're in CDAC. There are numerous other threads where you can discuss your rank and get which institute you may get.
    hello buddy, Can you pls tell us what should be institute priority for Dac Course according to placement and good training
  • Shivam Srivastav
    Shivam Srivastav
    Is it worth joining PG-WiMS from Sunbeam Gultekdi (feb 2015 batch)...
    Any help will be appreciated.... Thanks !!!!
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    t
    [Prototype]
    You'll get enough chances. But may have to start slow. Might not get chance in MNC.
    thanku๐Ÿ˜€
  • kunal patankar
    kunal patankar
    Shivam Srivastav
    Is it worth joining PG-WiMS from Sunbeam Gultekdi (feb 2015 batch)...
    Any help will be appreciated.... Thanks !!!!
    Yes buddy...I got d same..it is good in terms of placement & knowledge..
    Wat is ur rank?
  • Shivam Srivastav
    Shivam Srivastav
    kunal patankar
    Yes buddy...I got d same..it is good in terms of placement & knowledge..
    Wat is ur rank?
    mine is 2100
    n urs??
  • kunal patankar
    kunal patankar
    Shivam Srivastav
    mine is 2100
    n urs??
  • kunal patankar
    kunal patankar
    Shivam Srivastav
    mine is 2100
    n urs??
    R u going to stay in a hostel?
  • Shivam Srivastav
    Shivam Srivastav
    kunal patankar
    R u going to stay in a hostel?
    yes
    n go thru dis link givn below..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Shivam Srivastav
    Shivam Srivastav
    all dos who got SUNBEAM GULTEKDI PUNE for any of the course(FEB 2015)... JOIN dis FB group
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ruthvikreddy
    ruthvikreddy
    hi,
    Anyone joining in pune cdac this feb.
  • Shivam Srivastav
    Shivam Srivastav
    any one from north going to SUNBEAM GULTEKDI..please let me know..
  • Shinysneh
    Shinysneh
    How is sunbeam gultekdi in terms of placement and faculty.
  • sushma sahani
    sushma sahani
    Hello all .. ๐Ÿ˜€
    my branch is (CS)
    i want suggestion and tips to crack Cdac entrance exam with good rank ,
    i am looking for Cdac previous year question papers plz provide me if possible ..
    Thank you .... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    sushma sahani
    i am looking for Cdac previous year question papers plz provide me if possible ..
    Thank you .... ๐Ÿ˜€
    available in downloading section,Just search for them
  • Paulami Jana
    Paulami Jana
    Hi
    Can anyone please help me out by providing sample previous years question papers for cdac course end examination. I am currently pursuing PGDAC in cdac,Kolkata.
  • sri krishna
    sri krishna
    Hi i just want to know the next cdac test date...and which institute is the best for dwimc course.....
  • Bhupat Narayan
    Bhupat Narayan
    When the forms will be available for the batch of AUG-2015 details are not mentioned in the BOOKLET.Thanks in Advance
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    hello.. i am 2013 passout, if i join cadc will there be any problem during placement???
  • Shinysneh
    Shinysneh
    You must have throughout 60% to join CDAC.
  • Digvijay Mane
    Digvijay Mane
    Hi sir,I want really special attention of u sir. I got 49.83%,49.06%,53% for 10th 12th and ECE degree respectively. I want to do cdac Desd course. Is it possible for me to get placed in any company. And is it doing cdac will be useful for me?
    Pls hlp@
  • Digvijay Mane
    Digvijay Mane
    Is it true?
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    yes i have 60% throughout my education, bt also 1yr gap during my engg..
  • Shinysneh
    Shinysneh
    Yes it matters but not much if you are able to fill this gap with any genuine reason.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Digvijay Mane
    Hi sir,I want really special attention of u sir. I got 49.83%,49.06%,53% for 10th 12th and ECE degree respectively. I want to do cdac Desd course. Is it possible for me to get placed in any company. And is it doing cdac will be useful for me?
    Pls hlp@
    As far as I know, you need min. 55% in your degree to take the DESD course from CDAC. Sorry mate, I doubt you can take the course.
  • jainabhishek1991
    jainabhishek1991
    I have completed Btech in IT from GGSIPU in 2013. I am working in Noida as SE at a normal pkg. I have keen interest in Cyber Security. Whether doing PG Diploma in DITISS, should I except a good job in reputed firm?
  • prameet vyas
    prameet vyas
    At ccat test while attempting B section my system automatically got closed.i just started the test and couldnt get chance to note the session ID.i restarted and loged in again.M worried as my test will be considered or not?
    please reply
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    How to check the result?????
  • jainabhishek1991
    jainabhishek1991
    Hi Guys..

Please help me to decide best centre for DITISS.

Thanks,
  • dragonball
    dragonball
    i have got 3580 rank in section a+b and i need to apply for pg-dac is there any chance of getting any institute for me if yes please tell which one....
  • Aniruddh7
    Aniruddh7
    Guys please help me,,,tell me which institute i can get for cdac, my rank is 5778,,,is their chance of getting any good one..???
    Thanks.
  • KomalFapale
    KomalFapale
    i got 4862 rank in a+b...there is any chance of getting admission in any dac center??
    or i try for it next time??
  • Mohit Elkunchwar
    Mohit Elkunchwar
    Hello,My name is MOHIT EKUNCHWAR. I have scored decent rank in CCAT(i.e. A+B=61). I want to about the Facility,Faculty,Teaching (i.e. how well can average student can understand. I want answer module wise) and overall experience about ACTS,Pune. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank You.
  • anubhavojha
    anubhavojha
    sir,
    my rank A+B=830 ,I want to opt for 1.dac 2. dmc 3.dbda courses from best centers ,please tell me which are those centers with good placements ,and can i get those.
    thakns
  • Abhijeetdas11234
    Abhijeetdas11234
    hey i hac secured 854 rank in c-cat 2015 in sec a+b,wat should be my prefrence for institutes ??
    kindly reply as soon as possible as tomorow is the last day of choice filling.
  • Abhishek1113
    Abhishek1113
    Sir , please tell me about IET pune....I've got institute of emerging technologies pune at 2800 rank a+b in 1st counselling... I m really want to know about iet centre.. I m thinking to pay 10000 in order to remain in 2nd counselling , still hoping for auto upgradation of cntre.....iet is on 6th no.on preference list i choosen....nd remaining top 5 are iacsd , sunbeam gultekdi, bangalore knowledge park, sunbeam karad, cdac pune......is thr any chances in 2nd counselling my seat will upgrade into these better institutions..... Please help me out Soon....
  • Nikhil3
    Nikhil3
    I got TICA Mumbai for DI-VLSI ..should i join it or waiting for 2 nd round & I also want to know hows the placement of TICA for DI-VLSI...
  • sanketss
    sanketss
    Few questions i really hope u reply man .....
    Do cdac placements offer more salary than placements at engineering colleges?
    One more when u say minimum 55% required in engineering do u mean 55% in final yr or throughout course(like in all 4 years) cause i have only above 55% in final year.......
    Also many people say that desd course has more placements than other all courses in pune,banglore,hyderabad so when u said dac course has extremely high placement and desd has moderate it puts me in confusion....
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    sanketss
    Few questions i really hope u reply man .....
    Do cdac placements offer more salary than placements at engineering colleges?
    One more when u say minimum 55% required in engineering do u mean 55% in final yr or throughout course(like in all 4 years) cause i have only above 55% in final year.......
    Also many people say that desd course has more placements than other all courses in pune,banglore,hyderabad so when u said dac course has extremely high placement and desd has moderate it puts me in confusion....
    1) Depends on which college you're from. However, the packages are pretty much same like engineering college.
    2) 55% aggregate in whatever makes your degree. In my case, it was 3rd and 4th year, some places its all 4 years. In some places, its just final year.
    3) DESD have placements but I still stand that DAC have the most placement. I've seen it from my own eyes. In the initial 15 days, there were on an average 2 companies per day. Some days, there were like 4 companies in a single day. People would write test for one and go to another right away. However, there are many companies with requirements which are common for DESD and DAC. My friend (who stays with me) just finished his DESD from Bangalore and got placed.
  • SupriyaPathade
    SupriyaPathade
    hello Everyone
    I am last year engineering student. and i want to join CDAC. I just want to ask is there any C-CAT preparation classes held in pune..?
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    SupriyaPathade
    hello Everyone
    I am last year engineering student. and i want to join CDAC. I just want to ask is there any C-CAT preparation classes held in pune..?
    Preparation classes starts almost two months before the exam ,and yes they held in pune in Sunbeam Institute.
  • Abin Jacob
    Abin Jacob
    Hello everyone,
    I am 2012 ECE passout, i want to get trained from CDAC.
    But right now i am in complete dilemma.๐Ÿ˜จ

Provided i get highly skilled in any particular domain(say courses which i am interested in DESD/DAC/DASS), will I be eligible for placement?

Thankx in advance.
  • Abin Jacob
    Abin Jacob
    fghfghfrghfh
  • Abin Jacob
    Abin Jacob
    Please reply to above query...any hope?
  • arjun sahu
    arjun sahu
    i am 2015 passout from computer science. donot have 60% in 12th and 2 year educational gap 1 year between 10th- 12th and 1 year after 12th. Is it good choice to join cdac????? pls help me
  • Ankit UPadhyay
    Ankit UPadhyay
    sir i am 2014 batch passout
    .. so now i want to join fab batch of c-dac. so does i got some problems in placements
  • AKASH NARKHEDE
    AKASH NARKHEDE
    my rnak A+B=1092 can I get into cdac pune? WHat should be my preference?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to help here.
  • chandrakant kumar
    chandrakant kumar
    I am getting DAC course at knowledge Parke bangalore.
    I got two queries:-
    1. I have 61% in my 12th, will it have any affect on placement ?
    2. What is the average package offered ?
  • @magic
    @magic
    I got DMC in Acts pune. How is placement in acts pune for DMC? and acts timing??
  • chandrakant kumar
    chandrakant kumar
    Please can anyone answer me ?
  • Aakash Gupta
    Aakash Gupta
    chandrakant kumar
    Please can anyone answer me ?
    Avg. package for DAC is 3 LPA (that is the minimum and avg at most DAC centre's).
    And about the 61% i have no idea. It actually depends upon the companies criteria & how well u perform during ur DAC course.
  • Sabigauti
    Sabigauti
    My a+b rank is 2315
    I am from delhi ncr and relocation is not an issue for me.
    I got sunbeam pune for DMC
    I am 2015 btech (computer science) passout, having below60% criteria.
    Is it worth to pursue DMC from sunbeam pune.
    Will i get enough callls.
    Will i get placed.?
    Please help me. Share your views guys.
  • ankitkr09
    ankitkr09
    I am from Ece branch and looking forward to join the Dac course. I have got 81% in Btech , 54% in 12th and 90% in 10th. I know I wont be getting MNCs but I really want to know how many small and medium scale companies will I be allowed to sit in ?
  • Shiva kaushik
    Shiva kaushik
    Hi ..I am preparing for pg DAC ..and I have only 56 percent in 12 th ..but in b.tech 73% and in m.tech 86% ..plz tell am I eligible for placements process after this pgdac course .

Thanks
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Shiva kaushik
    Hi ..I am preparing for pg DAC ..and I have only 56 percent in 12 th ..but in b.tech 73% and in m.tech 86% ..plz tell am I eligible for placements process after this pgdac course .

Thanks
    ankitkr09
    I am from Ece branch and looking forward to join the Dac course. I have got 81% in Btech , 54% in 12th and 90% in 10th. I know I wont be getting MNCs but I really want to know how many small and medium scale companies will I be allowed to sit in ?
    No Need to worry ,It's been a month and half i completed my CDAC ,and till now there are 10-15 companies who recruit on basis of Btech. or CDAC marks,and you also have very good marks in Btech. and Mtech. which will be a great plus point.
  • S@@ndy
    S@@ndy
    sir i am 2014 batch passout and i am not working
    .. so now i want to join August-2016 batch of c-dac. so does i got some problems in placements
  • S@@ndy
    S@@ndy
    sir i am 2014 batch passout and i am not working yet
    .. so now i want to join August-2016 batch of c-dac. so does i got some problems in placements
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    S@@ndy
    sir i am 2014 batch passout and i am not working yet
    yes you will,You will not be eligible for most of the MNC's ,Because they look for last two batches ,so in your case it will be 2015-2016.
  • djoygaurav
    djoygaurav
    Hello all..
    Please grab some time and sit back to read it and please guide me.Let me start it from the very beginning.After my schooling from Delhi in which i was a good performer,(10th--81% and 12th--72%) I pursued B.Sc. (Hons.) Electronics(59.93%--only left with one mark to complete 60%) from Delhi University and after that M.Sc. Electronics(74.3%) in 2015 and then i did PG-Diploma in Embedded Systems Design from CDAC,Bangalore in aug2015 batch. Now after completing it even after being a good performer throughout the course as well as 2015 pass-out I am not at all getting chances in the campus placements as i am from M.Sc. background.Though,I don't understand the logic why they people gave me the admission if they can't provide me the placement, I need a solution now. I want to focus on the solution part instead of cursing them. I am hell frustrated about this thing now and want to get a job in embedded domain or something else.Keeping in my mind the financially weak family situations should i join some tech. support or bpo? or should i keep trying for the off campus jobs in which most of them even don't give me a call as they require experienced candidates.Please help. thank you.
  • priya kardile
    priya kardile
    I am BE IT 2014 batch student, is CDAC course would be beneficial for me or not?
  • priya kardile
    priya kardile
    I am BE IT 2014 batch student , would CDAC be beneficial for me?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    priya kardile
    I am BE IT 2014 batch student, is CDAC course would be beneficial for me or not?
    It is beneficial for everyone. It all depends on what you want to do next in career. Your question gives very limited information for us to help you in detail.
  • rahul91200
    rahul91200
    Cdac admission criteria is 55% does it considered last year marks?
  • SAMUEL SURESH 7
    SAMUEL SURESH 7
    i haven't completed my degree yet , i got a drop in 2nd year Bsc IT , can i still do C-DAC...?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    SAMUEL SURESH 7
    i haven't completed my degree yet , i got a drop in 2nd year Bsc IT , can i still do C-DAC...?
    No. Its a PG course. You need to be a graduate in order to do C-DAC.
  • Ghos3t
    Ghos3t
    Hello my section A rank is 1070 and my section A+B rank is 178,
    I haven't yet filled the form for 1st round admission. I want to do either PG-DAC or DMC or DBDA course from the best institute I can get. I wanted to know which course is best carrier wise and which is the best centre for them respectively, and will I get admission with my current rank. Also I have 80% in SSC and 62% in HSC, I have First class in B.E Electronics and Telecommunication from Mumbai University, 2015 pass out batch, but my B.E 4 years aggregate is less than 60% and I have a year drop, will any of this affect my placement chances for big companies.

#-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • prachee ahire
    prachee ahire
    hello sir,i got 4967 rank in A+B section and which course should i choose and i probably want pune center
    and i was thinking about PG-DITISS pune center
    what should i do?
  • prachee ahire
    prachee ahire
    hello sir,i got 4967 rank in A+B section and which course should i choose and i probably want pune center
    and i was thinking about PG-DITISS pune center
    what should i do?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Ghos3t
    Hello my section A rank is 1070 and my section A+B rank is 178,
    I haven't yet filled the form for 1st round admission. I want to do either PG-DAC or DMC or DBDA course from the best institute I can get. I wanted to know which course is best carrier wise and which is the best centre for them respectively, and will I get admission with my current rank. Also I have 80% in SSC and 62% in HSC, I have First class in B.E Electronics and Telecommunication from Mumbai University, 2015 pass out batch, but my B.E 4 years aggregate is less than 60% and I have a year drop, will any of this affect my placement chances for big companies.
    All your questions are answered in the first post should you put some effort to read it.
  • shivam95
    shivam95
    sir i have got 2k+ in section A, 4k+ in section A+B and in last section i have got 711 rank. I am confused what to do now please sir help me what should i do and which institute i may get or i should choose for good placement.
  • shivam95
    shivam95
    sir i have got 2k+ in section A, 4k+ in section A+B and in last section i have got 711 rank. I am confused what to do now please sir help me what should i do and which institute i may get or i should choose for good placement.
  • shivam95
    shivam95
  • shiyas7714
    shiyas7714
    [Prototype]
    Hello guys,

There's pretty buzz going there regarding the CDAC since the result came out. People are asking questions which are pretty much same and asked over and over a lot of time. Here, I will try to answer some of these questions.

When is the exam held?
    The CCAT is held twice per year. One for August batch and another for February batch. The notification of the same is made on their website and newspapers.

How to apply for CCAT? What is the fee structure? How to prepare for exam?
    Answer to every of your question can be found here -> PGDAdmissionBooklet

Which are the good centers?
    1. CDAC ACTS, Pune
    2. CDAC ACTS, Bangalore
    3. CDAC ACTS, Hyderabad
    4. Sunbeam, Pune

That's all I know about. Other institutes I don't have much of an idea.

Which course should I choose?
    Seriously? You should ask that question to yourselves. Please don't do like, give exam, get qualified and think, which course should I go. The worst choice you would ever ask is DAC vs. VSLI. They are so different in their nature. If you're not sure about your choice, I am no one to suggest anything.

Here's the link to all the courses -> Post Graduate Diploma
    Go to each of the course you think sounds interesting to you. Click it. Go to modules section which should give you the exact topics you'll be taught. Check it to see if its really something which you're expecting.

What should I expect from CDAC?
    It'll take out every last drop of your juice. If,
    You're passionate about the field.
    You like to work whenever given a chance.
    You can work for 13 hours straight.
    You don't differentiate between Sunday and Monday.

then CDAC is definitely for you.

Provided you satisfy all the above points, choose any course and definitely you're placed. If you're a person from the above category, hell, one chance is enough for you and believe me, that's the least you could expect.

But if it happens that you're not enjoying, life will be hell.

Imma wearing my cool jeans/mini skirt at the classes. \m/
    That's not happening. Most of the institutes have dress codes which is generally formals, sometimes with Tie. Though there's no standard uniform and the dress code totally depends on institute.

Is there any value to CDAC's Diploma?
    It definitely worth more than your XYZ institute diploma. CDAC is pretty old institute and is very reputed.

Enough of your bullshit, tell me about the placement.
    Alright, here we go. I'll first list the courses and their placement records.

1. DAC - Extremely High
    2. WiMC - High
    3. DESD - Moderate
    4. VLSI - Low
    5. DITISS - Low
    6. Others - Never heard any company for them this time.

The placement activity is common per region. For eg. If you belong to Pune region, all the institutes from Pune will take part in the activity. That doesn't mean every person is coming to compete. Each company prepares a shortlist which will include students from all centers in Pune, Mumbai and Nagpur. The institutes may call companies on their will for their own but overall, any company comes you'll be able to compete irrespective of the centers provided you qualify the criteria.

The placement notification may come at midnight 12 am which asks you to be present at 8 am sharp on the same day. You have to become ninja for first month and remain alert.

The shortlisting criteria is generally unknown to the students and is pretty mysterious. Sometimes, the shortlist would just not make any sense but you've to accept it.

What kind of packages are we talking about?
    Packages, they differ. At start, the companies gives package ranging from 2.7-4.5 LPA (this time stats).The companies visiting at later point of time, towards the end offers ridiculous packages like 1.2 LPA.

I've "just" 70%. What shoud I do? ๐Ÿ˜”
    Well, enough! Lol. At least if you're coming to Maharashtra region's CDAC, 60% is all what you need to be eligible for most of the companies. And 70% is not "just" here. How the hell did you score that much anyway?

I've less than 60% in my 10th/12th/B.E./B.Tech. What about me?
    You're in trouble bro. While courses like DAC & WiMC would still get you enough opportunities (more than your college did), you should not expect much from other courses. Besides, you need to get some good grades in CDAC exam to increase your chance. And if you've any hard bound that you'll only work in MNC's from the very first day of your career then better drop it. It's not gonna happen. You'll mostly be ineligible for MNC's.

I've X years of gap. Will it matter?
    If the gap is 1 year, then no, it won't matter much. However, if you've a bigger gap you must have a valid reason for it. If you were working, it'll work but few companies just want freshers. On the other hands, there are few companies like SanDisk which prefer to take experienced people. However, you must note that no extra benefits will be given if you're experienced. You'll be given the same package as the other fresher.

So yeah, gap does matter. A small gap is fine but if you've 2+ years of gap then there might be chances that you'll not be eligible for few companies. Most of them don't care about it though but big names surely does.

I am selected in XYZ course. What preparation I should do before joining the classes?
    Generally speaking, you don't need any preparation. However, I am assuming you're thorough with basics taught in engineering. Rest be assured, they will start from very basics but don't expect them to give very much time on it.

I hope I covered many questions. If you think something more can be added, drop in here...

Also, I don't claim this to be 100% accurate but its just here to give a rough idea about the scenario at CDAC. The information I've provided may be inaccurate or completely wrong but those are just from my experience and research I did before joining.

If you think any of the information is not correct, please inform me.

Best Regards.
  • Chetan2010
    Chetan2010
    Hello
    I have completed my B.E. in E&TC (2015) from Pune University. My B.E. final year percentage is 61 but i have less aggregate i.e. 54. I have about 1 year experience in automation. I have C DAC Rank 275(A+B+C). is it good to join the DEDS(Embedded design ).Please give me suggestion.
  • Vikas_Singh11
    Vikas_Singh11
    i get 1706(A+B) in ccat-2016(aug)......anyone can tell me list order of cdac center for PG-DAC, 12 july is last date..plzzzzzz reply fast
  • urve11
    urve11
    I got cdac hyderabad for dac in the first round (Aug 2016 batch).As I live in Mumbai is it worth moving there,Should I take it??
  • querry for cdac placement
    querry for cdac placement
    plz tell me i got select in bangalore in august batch but after b.tech from ec i have gap of 1.5yrs in this gap i have done C,c++,java coaching and i got selected in java developer trainee in a company for only three months
    so there is a chance to get job in cdac becoz most of the companies come for fresher and i m not a experience and fresher too
    plzz reply
  • tejas20
    tejas20
    Hello,
    I have completed B.E. Electronics (2016) with 60% aggregate.
    I am having 1 year of gap.
    Is this gap fine ?
    I want to do DAC course,
    which is best institute in pune for DAC ?
    and is it benificial to do course in august ,rather doing in february,for placement point of view?
    plz help
  • tejas20
    tejas20
    Hello,
    Is this gap fine ?
    I want to do DAC course,
    and is it benificial to do course in august ,rather doing in february,for placement point of view?
    plz help
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    tejas20
    Hello,
    Is this gap fine ?
    I want to do DAC course,
    plz help
    Why was there a gap?
    I did in Feb and it was fine. Many companies had visited at that time. But times are changing, people getting Pune ACTS at 2000'ish ranks which doesn't look good. But I think still there will be many companies. You should get more than 5 chances which is quite sufficient.
  • tejas20
    tejas20
    [Prototype]
    Why was there a gap?
    I did in Feb and it was fine. Many companies had visited at that time. But times are changing, people getting Pune ACTS at 2000'ish ranks which doesn't look good. But I think still there will be many companies. You should get more than 5 chances which is quite sufficient.
    Hello,
    I was failed in golden subject therefore i am having gap of 1 year.
    How many companies are visited in feb(as a lum sum)?
    and all are putting criteria of no year gap?
    How many companies will i get as per my criteria?
    plz tell me
  • tejas20
    tejas20
    [Prototype]
    Why was there a gap?
    and now r u in which company?
    and when u completed the course?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    tejas20
    Hello,
    I was failed in golden subject therefore i am having gap of 1 year.
    How many companies are visited in feb(as a lum sum)?
    and all are putting criteria of no year gap?
    How many companies will i get as per my criteria?
    plz tell me
    In my time, more than 80 companies has visited out of which around 55-60 was for DAC and WiMC. Bigger MNC (which visits very less) generally put such gap criteria. Smaller companies generally don't put such criteria. Despite, as I mentioned in the original post, the criteria is not disclosed so its a mere speculation and deduction based on the parameters of the selected students vs. who didn't get select.

tejas20
    and now r u in which company?
    and when u completed the course?
    I did in 2013. The job I got from CDAC was at a very small startup. Since then, I already changed 2 jobs. Currently working with a leading Networking MNC...๐Ÿ˜‰
  • tejas20
    tejas20
    [Prototype]
    In my time, more than 80 companies has visited out of which around 55-60 was for DAC and WiMC. Bigger MNC (which visits very less) generally put such gap criteria. Smaller companies generally don't put such criteria. Despite, as I mentioned in the original post, the criteria is not disclosed so its a mere speculation and deduction based on the parameters of the selected students vs. who didn't get select.

I did in 2013. The job I got from CDAC was at a very small startup. Since then, I already changed 2 jobs. Currently working with a leading Networking MNC...๐Ÿ˜‰
    Ok ,
    thanks for the information.
    one last question
    is cdac gives 100% placement?
    and should i do cdac in feb batch?
    plz tell me
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    tejas20
    Ok ,
    thanks for the information.
    one last question
    is cdac gives 100% placement?
    and should i do cdac in feb batch?
    plz tell me
    There's no 100% placement even in MIT or Stanford. Anyone who claims 100% placement is lying. Period.
    CDAC can bring 10,000 companies but if the candidate itself is incompetent, there's nothing CDAC or anyone else can do. Contrary, if the candidate is competent, a single company would be sufficient. All CDAC or anyone or any other institute can give is 100% placement ASSISTANCE. This means they will arrange you at least 1 interview.

You should do it as early as possible if you're thinking of doing it because you already have a gap and you shouldn't waste another 6 months. It doesn't really make a huge difference if you do in Feb or August. Also make sure you're thorough with course contents. Again, there is no placement guarantee. So think everything before you go for it.
  • tejas20
    tejas20
    [Prototype]
    There's no 100% placement even in MIT or Stanford. Anyone who claims 100% placement is lying. Period.
    CDAC can bring 10,000 companies but if the candidate itself is incompetent, there's nothing CDAC or anyone else can do. Contrary, if the candidate is competent, a single company would be sufficient. All CDAC or anyone or any other institute can give is 100% placement ASSISTANCE. This means they will arrange you at least 1 interview.

You should do it as early as possible if you're thinking of doing it because you already have a gap and you shouldn't waste another 6 months. It doesn't really make a huge difference if you do in Feb or August. Also make sure you're thorough with course contents. Again, there is no placement guarantee. So think everything before you go for it.
    Thanks for valuable information.
    I will do it in feb without wasting any extra months.
    thak you
  • Sunil madkar
    Sunil madkar
    Hi...I want to get admission for cdac DBDA course ..so which rank should I get for taking admission for DBDA course???
    Help me
  • pvbhat777
    pvbhat777
    Hello Sir,
    i have got this CDAC ranks,
    Section A 2371
    Section A+B 1609
    is there any chances of getting cdac acts pune or cdac sunbeam pune ?
    Which cdac center i will get ?
    need suggestions fast sir...
  • Omprakash242
    Omprakash242
    Hello...My Ranks are
    Section A- 1153, Section A+B -2196 & Section A+B+C - 461.
    I am 2014 passout E&Tc branch with 55.5% aggregate...I had 5 months automation experience bt not having experience letter...I am looking mostly for placements...which Cdac centre will I get in pune??? for both DAC or Desd...what are chances to get acts or sunbeam ??? Please guide me asap.
    Thank you
  • anuragborse
    anuragborse
    can you tell me which one i prefer DAC or DMC AND ALSO placement for DAC AND DMC IN mumbai region ?plz guys do rly?
  • CCAT aspirant june 2017
    CCAT aspirant june 2017
    Sir, I am 2015 batch pass out (EEE) branch. My academic record
    BE 75%
    12th 62%
    10th 69%
    After engineering I started preparing for govt exam (banking)
    And thus there is gap of 2 years..
    I am planning to join c-dac in august 2017.
    Can I get a job if I performed well in cdac .
    How many opportunities can I get and also tell me about package.
  • Joyeeta
    Joyeeta
    Can i appear for cdac exam if i am a bscIT graduate?
  • Anush_Shrivas
    Anush_Shrivas
    I want to join cdac course but i am currently working and u dont want to leave my job. Please advise how can i complete this course without leaving my current job
  • Joyeeta
    Joyeeta
    you can't work as well as study as it is a full time 6 months course....
    Anush_Shrivas
    I want to join cdac course but i am currently working and u dont want to leave my job. Please advise how can i complete this course without leaving my current job
  • sujeetha yoganathan
    sujeetha yoganathan
    anyone kindly let me know whether the results for ccat exam conducter on june 2017 are out or not?
  • SHARMA SHUBHAM
    SHARMA SHUBHAM
    I GOT DIPLOMA IN MOBILE COMPUTING IN C-DAC NOIDA. IS THIS GOOD OR NOT FROM THE PLACEMENT OF VIEW OR SHOULD I WAIT FOR SECOND ROUND OF COUNSELLING BUT BEFORE I HAVE TO PAY FOR EXISTS IN SECOND COUNSELLING SHOULD I PAY OR NOT. MY PREFERENCE LIST ATTACHED HERE. PLEASE TELL ME IT'S VERY URGENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE(BEFORE 17-JULY-17).
  • Shalan Madgundi
    Shalan Madgundi
    hi, i got c-cat rank for A- 4302 and for A+B - 4303.
    1. which center can i get in pune?
    2. what is % of getting seat CDAC'acts, sunbeam and IACSD?
  • Shalan Madgundi
    Shalan Madgundi
    I am interested to take DAC and DBDA course
  • Mohit93
    Mohit93
    I am an MSc Tech student and has been allotted DBDA in Pune. Are there good placement opportunities or should I drop the admission plan?
    Also is there an option of changing my subject as I had been offered DAC in the first counselling and DBDA in the 2nd one.
  • Mohit93
    Mohit93
    Mohit93
    I am an MSc Tech student and has been allotted DBDA in Pune. Are there good placement opportunities or should I drop the admission plan?
    Also is there an option of changing my subject as I had been offered DAC in the first counselling and DBDA in the 2nd one.
    Please reply soon.
  • Olofinro jacob
    Olofinro jacob
    Please someone should help me out.... I studied electrical /electronic engineering and I need a field which is related to it base on programming.....please which course would be OK if I go for pdg or masters
  • Potnuru Revati
    Potnuru Revati
    Hello,
    Is there any chance for postponement of the final date of 2nd installment fee for PG Diploma courses in CDAC for feb 2018 batch??
    I have to actually decide between a job Interview with TCS and join PG-DITISS..
    So I gotta decide and hence need time..
    That's why posed this question..
    Can somebody guide me through this..
  • Tushar Rai
    Tushar Rai
    hello ,
    is opting cdac for a 2016 passout in 2018 is a good decision .
    plzz help
  • Bhanu Prakash
    Bhanu Prakash

If I write exam for A+B+C SECTION can i also opt for A+B CATEGORY COURSES? Please help.

• Bhakti Dhurat
    Bhakti Dhurat

What about DBDA course? And placement for DBDA?

• loco james
    loco james

hello,ย 

I'm 2018 passout with 7.03 cgpa but i have very less percentage in 10th and 12th(i.e 59.8 and 53) and a 3 year gap in edution between 10th and 12th.

Is c-dac is helpful for me if i study hard there?

plzz resolve my issue.

Thankyou

• kajal chaudhari
    kajal chaudhari

hello,

I'm 2018 passout student ,is it helpful if i join in 2019 ??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone. I am soon gonna start my cdac's dac course at acts, pune. So i wanted to know: 1. What kind of tests are conducted during cdac course? 2....
What are some of the best free games on Android on your phone? Please share the names here. The holiday season is here, after all. ๐Ÿ˜
Engineers at NASA have designed a new kind of a robot, called Super Ball Bot, capable of exploring challenging terrains our solar system may offer. The bot does not look...
I really don't understand why htc sells it's phones for higher price when we can get other phones with more features at a cheaper price. Please help me getting the...
Lego is the best gift we received as kids, especially during the holiday season like this one. Even as elder, building stuff out of Lego has been the most loved...