Castrol Rocket - The World's Fastest Motorcycle At Record Speed Of 606 Kmph

The motorcycle aficionados around the world should have taken note of the Castrol Rocket - soon to be the world's fastest motorcycle with a record breaking speed of about 606 Kmph. The machine that doesn't look like a motorcycle at all, for obvious reasons, is first perfectly in the family of previous record holders. The Castrol Rocket is currently undergoing tests at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah so get ready to break the land speed record for two-wheeled machine. The machine is a creation of three talented engineers - Matt markstaller, Bob Carpenter and Jason DiSalvo who've been working tirelessly on the design, build and ride the world's fastest and the most advanced streamliner.

slide

The specs of this motorcycle are very impressive. The bike is equipped with two Triumph Rocket III engines that consume methanol to produce 1000 HP at 9000 RPM and a total torque of 678 Nm. The engine's covered with a Carbon Kevlar Monocoque body that elongates to about 25ft, making it tad difficult to turn and park. But that's not the real problem here. Take a look at the specs sheet below -

Castrol-Rocket-Specs

Note that the brakes have been accompanied with parachutes - which come handy when you've to slow down the motorcycle speeding at about 600 kmph. Take a look at the following video that shows the bike -

While the Castrol Rocket is trying to aim for about 400 mph, an engineering team in London that goes by the name 'Bloodhound' is already readying their 1000 mph vehicle [1600 kmph!] to break the record in the next few months. We'll of course bring you the updates from the ground.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sorry if my question is wrong.I had surfed over the internet to see the fastest land vehicle and found that it was Thrust SSC to hold the record.following link will explain this: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThrustSSC

Does this vehicle have only two wheels or three wheels?
  • Siddhant Mukherjee
    Siddhant Mukherjee
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Sorry if my question is wrong.I had surfed over the internet to see the fastest land vehicle and found that it was Thrust SSC to hold the record.following link will explain this: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThrustSSC

Does this vehicle have only two wheels or three wheels?

Thrust ssc is no doubt the record holder for fastest land vehicle but its not a motorcycle as it has four wheels. Another bike which claimed to reach speeds upto 600 km/h is the Dodge Tomhawk but it failed to do so.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    S.mukherjee
    Thrust ssc is no doubt the record holder for fastest land vehicle but its not a motorcycle as it has four wheels. Another bike which claimed to reach speeds upto 600 km/h is the Dodge Tomhawk but it failed to do so.
    thanks for clearing my doubt.How much will be the stability of the castrol motorcycle?what will be the stopping distance(Whenwe apply the brake,what distance the motorcycle will cover to make a stop)?
  • Siddhant Mukherjee
    Siddhant Mukherjee
    @#-Link-Snipped-# :These vehicles are marvels of engineering and people who work behind it are experts. They take each of the smallest details into consideration while designining these vehicles. 600 km/h is no joke and dynamics being a major concern, it would surely be very stable. These vehicles are engineered to perfection and the logic behind each detail is beyond our understanding unless we gain an experience of about 20-30 years in such fields. Talking about the stopping distance, with parachutes on it may be around a kilometre.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I really want to see an Indian team attempting to break this or the bloodhound SSC speed record. If that (ever) happens, it will immediately change the way people look at engineering education. That's my dream though. Until then, we'll have to see how land speed records get broken.

PS: 1000 mph isn't cool. What's cool is 2000 mph!
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Innovative but useless ! !

where in this world are you gonna drive a motorcycle at such a high speed of 606 kmph ! /
  • siva60
    siva60
    waw it got parachutes...😎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The WikiLeaks server that hosted the site during the release of classified US State Department docs, is now available on eBay for $25,200. The server belongs to Swedish Internet service...
If you're a Founder looking for an equally awesome Co-Founder, here's your chance to meet your ideal match at the Startup Saturday Gurgaon - Cofounder Search! When: September 14th, 2013...
First - everyone is an idiot to certain degree in various situations. So we can safely assume that you must have come across people who are more idiotic than you...
All the auto enthusiast had headed to Frankfurt to view the historic Autoshow and Here is a quick and short note on the cars launched in Frankfurt Autoshow. Frankfurt Releases:...
I had seen many movies in which heroes used to put sugar/sand inside the petrol tank to seize the engine But is it true that the engine got seize or...