Carrer option:should i switch to Development From Testing ?

Presently I am working as software testing engineer from past 1 year? In this journey I have worked upon Manual & automation both. When I was working with Automation I learned java & other language I realized that coding (development) is more interesting for me. & manual is so boring & less growth option than development (as my company does not follow Testing standards for manual testing). But I am from ECE background & not so much knowledge of development criteria so I am in dilemma & need help?

1. Whether I should go with automation or I should go for development?

2. If development then as I know core java, SQL, & programming fundamentals. Is this is sufficient or I should learn some other?

3. If I should learn some other language than should I learn advance java (j2ee) or android development is good option (in terms of ease of learn & demand in market).

4. Or I should wait I give more time to testing profile?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mighty mishra
    I realized that coding (development) is more interesting for me. & manual is so boring & less growth option than development (as my company does not follow Testing standards for manual testing).
    It's clear that you find development more attractive than testing; and that should motivate you to learn programming tools, techniques and languages. If you have the right opportunity to switch to development; go for it.
  • Saurabh Mishra
    Saurabh Mishra
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's clear that you find development more attractive than testing; and that should motivate you to learn programming tools, techniques and languages. If you have the right opportunity to switch to development; go for it.
    Sir ! Please advice whether i should learn advance Java or android development (in terms of ease of learn & demand in market).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mighty mishra
    Sir ! Please advice whether i should learn advance Java or android development (in terms of ease of learn & demand in market).
    What's easy for me may not be easy for you. Since you are already working, I'd recommend talking to your managers and see if you can get a developer role in your current organisation. It's going to be difficult to get a job independently in a different company without any relevant coding experience. If your current project / company has any development position open; you may even want to apply to that position; but learn the relevant programming languages.

Java would help in Android development as well. But my recommendation would be to find a development role in your current organisation itself.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : The Rapid Modernization and Urbanization has brought radical changes to the living standards of the people, especially those in the Metropolitan Cities. Right from the...
Project Abstract / Summary : In recent times, the important safety precautions for driving is wearing HELMET. In this modern world, people started using mobile navigation for finding their destination....
The binary code 01001011 shown in CE logo has decimal equivalent 75. I am curious to know what does it signify? Does it hold special meaning? Starting clockwise after the...
Autonomous cars are here to stay, so why not make them as responsive as humans when it comes to detecting obstacles on the road such as pedestrians? UC San Diego...
I have a 200kVA UPS with 34numbers of 12V, 100Ah batteries. What would be the maximum backup time if the load is 10%.