Career advise

Hello, Need a piece of advise on career. I'm a BE (ECE) 2012 graduate and have worked as a Technical Support Engineer for Printers & Scanners team in MNC for 2 years as the job had no growth and out of my interest I left the job as I wanted to make up my career at Networking and joined CCNA coaching classes but not certified and later had no interest in Networking as well then made up my mind to have a career as a Software Developer/Tester and meanwhile I have been at home for 10 months. I know I made a blunder by not reacting to earliest time. However, now that I have realised how do I go about ? Are there any chances of recruiters being reluctant at me? Will I be able to change my career path or should I continue as the same Tech support roles in any other MNC even though I dont like it? Thanks in advance 😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It goes without saying that you shouldn't have left your secure job without getting another one. However, what's past is in the past. How have you been using your time to become a really good software developer or tester? It is going to be a bit difficult to find someone to hire you in a completely new field. You'll have to go for walk-ins at MNCs and join in as a fresher. However, you have to prove your skills with a valid certification and at least 2-3 projects you've done on your own (be it as a freelancing activity or just a hobby project). The employer will need to know why they should choose you over others. Keep that in mind and work hard on 'building a skill'.
    Going back to a tech support job is always the easier choice in this case. You just need to give valid reasons of your absence from the industry in the last 1-2 years post leaving your earlier job.
  • Abrar Mehdi
    Abrar Mehdi
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It goes without saying that you shouldn't have left your secure job without getting another one. However, what's past is in the past. How have you been using your time to become a really good software developer or tester? It is going to be a bit difficult to find someone to hire you in a completely new field. You'll have to go for walk-ins at MNCs and join in as a fresher. However, you have to prove your skills with a valid certification and at least 2-3 projects you've done on your own (be it as a freelancing activity or just a hobby project). The employer will need to know why they should choose you over others. Keep that in mind and work hard on 'building a skill'.
    Going back to a tech support job is always the easier choice in this case. You just need to give valid reasons of your absence from the industry in the last 1-2 years post leaving your earlier job.
    Hello,
    Thank you for your advise.
    Do you have any advise if I want to start up as a Java Developer. Likewise, be it any any online tutorials or certification or anything as such would be informative to start on.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Abrar Mehdi
    out of my interest I left the job as I wanted to make up my career at Networking and joined CCNA coaching classes but not certified and later had no interest in Networking
    No interest in Networking? 😔 Maybe you missed out knowing the whole lot of scope and potential it has?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft engineers are working on making their search app 'Bing' faster and better. A couple of days back, they released the Bing for iPhone app (version 6.0) on the Apple...
China's next-gen heavy lift launch system called 'Long March 5' is currently under testing at the CALT, short for China Academy Launch Vehicle Technology. The powerful space rocket is also...
Hello sir/ma'am, This is Arha ,I have completed my mtech first year in structural engineering ,now need to head towards the project ,so kindly suggest me a project which help...
What is the difference between air conditioner and refrigerator ?
My name is Aziz. I am fresh design engineer structure which working in aerospace industry. Hope that we could exchange opinion and solve the raised issue together.